New Swoard Dual2: preview

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Swoard Dual2: preview

Post by Swoard team » Wednesday 1 February 2017, 17:09

Many brands make small and stiff boards nowadays, to let people turn without technique ;-) and sink in powder! :? All people who have tested the Dual (Swoard Demo Tour and Rock on Snowboard Tour) confirm that one doesn't feel the length of the Dual, while you get great stability on piste and off piste. This is related to the fact that the Dual boards are quite soft longitudinally, but with a great torsional stiffness (which is well distributed thanks to our technology). Thus don't be afraid by the length, you really can trust our charts here in French or here in English. For sure the Dual 158 will be too soft for your weight: it is more for girls and light riders. And of course the width is too small for your feet.
Titano666 wrote:so I don't know if an agressive long full camber board can match my riding style.
:naughty: In the online shop there are some French explanations about this. We will translate when everything will be ready with the 3 new models. It is said that the camber is very small, and naturally inverted in the powder (natural rocker due to the weight of the rider on this quite soft board, when riding off piste). After tests, the small camber reveals to bet the best for excellent carving performances and easiness at same time. Big brands are coming back to this because it's obvious on the slopes. They also invent marketing names with "cam" inside for "camber". ;-)
Titano666 wrote:My concerning about the 168 is the ridability in moguls...
We love moguls with the Dual. So don't worry, you are not locked in the moguls with it. It's another force of all Swoard models: you are the pilot of the board, not the passenger. 8) Smoothness and easiness. You can improvise and change your turns, pass from carved turns to drifted turns and vice versa. You can be a snake in the moguls.

The Swoard team

Titano666
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Titano666 » Wednesday 1 February 2017, 19:28

Thank you...very clear and useful post .

So 163 is the right length.
About camber I agree with you...the more I ride the more I'm coming back to camber.

I'm just no more used to long boards as in the last few years other brands seem more interested in making boards that you can ride shorter and shorter every year and I kept the focus on jibbing and freestyle.

So thanks for your advice.

BJBusa
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BJBusa » Friday 10 February 2017, 3:44

What would you say is the most noticeable difference in riding the Dual2 an experienced Dual (hardboot) rider would feel??
Also from riding my Dual 168 what would be the turn/ride difference be moving up to the Dual2 175?
I am 100 kilo, 188cm and mondo 28

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Friday 17 February 2017, 16:12

You will feel much more comfort (dampening) on Dual2, with still amazing carving performances.
For your weight, you will be definitely be more stable with a Dual 175, and you will fly in the powder.

Patrice Fivat

BJBusa
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BJBusa » Thursday 19 October 2017, 20:28

Hey Guys

How come the website is still not showing the newest generation boards? I want to order a Dual 2 but don't see how to do it??

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Thursday 19 October 2017, 20:51

This board is made only for the eyes! ;-) Joking...
It's written in big on the HomePage: November.
People in a hurry can write to orders@swoard.com
Thanks!

The Swoard team