Feedback on the Swoard Redline bindings

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Feedback on the Swoard Redline bindings

Post by fivat » Tuesday 9 February 2016, 9:26

The Swoard team and several riders have already got and ridden some Swoard Redline, the totally new and high-end CNC bindings! 8)
Their concept by Swoard is exclusive and follows our philosophy of carving and extremecarving. They are also excellent for racing and could become the favorite choice of many competitors who like to ride flat (no canting).

:arrow: This is the place to post your feedback: your impressions about how the bindings worked on the snow, how they behaved compared to other brands, what surprised you, what were your settings, the type of terrain/slope, etc.

For now, the bindings are available in presale only. We made a very small series for the team, friends and people who contact us directly.
As already written in this Forum, the goal is not to make mass sales, as we just produced a small series.
In addition we make very small margin, because we just want:
1) decent price for high-end CNC bindings
2) the best system matching to our boards & technique (what doesn't exclude racing).
More details are given on this link in French and this thread in French.
We will translate in English when we will make more bindings for season 2016-2017.

Thank you! :D

Patrice Fivat
Attachments
Swoard_Redline_photo1.jpg
Swoard_Redline_photo1.jpg (136.48 KiB) Viewed 102212 times
Swoard_Redline_photo2.jpg
Swoard_Redline_photo2.jpg (124.05 KiB) Viewed 102212 times

yomama
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Feedback on the Swoad Redline bindings

Post by yomama » Tuesday 16 February 2016, 5:30

Hi Patrice,

Thanks for starting the thread.

First visual impression: the bindings look beautiful and reflects much of Swoard's Zen-ish designs: simple, beautiful and functional. I am jealous of those who tried them and am looking forward to their feedback.

I have a few follow up questions:
1) What is the base material of the bindings under that red color?
2) Are there different sizes relative to the rider's weight?
3) Patrice, I am all for keeping this planet clean and can help recycle your old Head (ex Blax) bindings if you happen to toss them away :angel: :wink:

Peter

didier C
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by didier C » Sunday 5 February 2017, 17:16

Hello,

Small quick report after my first release in REDLINE M (here lack of snow at the moment but these days it poses well)
Already very beautiful manufacture.
Level adjustments: very simple, fast and very precise. Alas for my Head Stratos in 28.5 I miss 1 or 2 mm to close the plastic lever on the shoe I have to force to be able to close it correctly(I see it twists (the plastic) before plating properly). When I pass it on the fixing in the back I close nickel: question my shoe right would it very slightly longer than the left ?! So I have to take good care not to have snow under the shoe otherwise I do not close the foot before it's stupid ... (we will find a solution with L size)

Once shoved I am lower than with my F2 which is for me very appreciable.
From the first curves it is revolutionary the board is of a disconcerting maniability it is crazy, the impression of having nothing under the feet a total freedom the curves are chained with ease.
In curves I felt a certain smoothness (hard to express) fabulous in the edge grip the board works freely under the feet delivering all its potential.
We must also be wary because even on tracks a little deteriorated one has the impression that it is flat the board does not flinch (caution for the shoulders)
In short the association of the REDLINE and the EC Pro (168 XH) again pushed a little further the limits in all safety of the extreme carving.
I am very excited to test again on good tracks well snowed and prepared to wish.

Congratulations on your work, it's a real success.
Bravo The SWOARD Team

Sportively
EC Pro 168XH 282-1.1 168XH 1083 REDLINE M/ Head pro Acss by Arnaud /Val D'allos-Le Seignus

aaadeji
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by aaadeji » Wednesday 22 February 2017, 22:01

I would like to buy bindings for myself. Where I can get those?

joemzl
Location: where Varus died in Germany // above you see, why I came to snowboarding: the Vitelli Turn

Post by joemzl » Thursday 23 February 2017, 10:58

Please have a look on the first post in this thread. :chinese:
fivat wrote:For now, the bindings are available in presale only.
We made a very small series for the team, friends and people who contact us directly.
Patrice Fivat
Extreme Dreamer every night

Swoard Pro 175M +Race Ti Flex, Plasma CE185/17, Swoard Stoke 162M

bebert33
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bebert33 » Friday 31 March 2017, 16:53

Hello,

In Décember I’ ve broken one bail on my F2 binding. I know that Red Line bails are stronger than F2 bail. I’m very proud to take care my knees and shoulders and I thanks it was time to buy Red Line. I do that for Christmas in Size M.

Great bindings, very compact .

The set up is done by cranks unlike F2 where set up is done by a leadscrew. Lengthy process than F2 but witch will not move in the future. As the tightening is made aluminum on aluminum, I’ve clean the screw with Alcohol and put medium glue to be sure nothing move.

I’ve mount the plates on the board (without glue) 47,5° rear and 55° front. Note when the boots are in the binding they are 1 cm lower than the F2.

The bails marry perfectly the shape of the shoes, also, before putting your shoe on the binding, certain kind of snow is gluing on metal area and it’s necessary to clean it. Personally I use a defuse (unsettle) tire of plastic bike.

First feelings : the binding works really very good on the board. My 168 Pro M is more biting the snow and answer directly to my solicitations. There isn’t this blur feeling witch characterize the F2 race titanium binding.

I feel more safety on my board because it answers very quickly to my solicitation with a great precision. The track in the snow is finer than that left by F2 bindings. The board vibrates less and I can go faster than the same board with my old F2 binding.
The Red Line give me the same feeling when I’ve jumped from the Extremecarver Gen 4 to the Pro model. It is like if I am riding another board.

The same board is more comfortable, bite better the snow and offer you a precision which reassure, it’s easier to lay down.

For the moment I’ve tested the Red Line only on my 168M pro in icy conditions and the next winter I' ll hope test them on softy snow on my 168HPRO.

Then, if the bails are stronger than F2 bails I’ll be the more happy man....

In conclusion, I’m very happy to be the owner of Red Line binding. If they were cheaper I’ll certainly buy another one to put on each extremecarver board.

Congratulations to the designer. :clap: :clap:

Now I’ll just need new hard boots
168 M Pro2, 168H PRO2, EC12 Northwaves.900 à Vendre
Dual2 168 BORDEAUX

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Monday 28 December 2020, 14:42

:arrow: The new Redline2 are available! :xmas:

We have improved a whole series of details:
- compact but reinforced levers with metal cap
- double spring in the heel for an even easier boot insertion
- longer L bases
- one size of bails
- reinforced plates
- larger feet size ranges in all 3 sizes.

Choice of sizes:
Size S: feet size <= Mondo 26 (= EUR 40 = UK 6.5 = US 7.5) and rider's weight <= 60 kg
Size M: feet size > Mondo 26 (= EUR 40 = UK 6.5 = US 7.5) and rider's weight <= 85 kg
Size L: feet size > Mondo 28 (= EUR 43 = UK 9 = US 10)

Orders via: orders@swoard.com
Worldwide shipping
Price: 330 € + VAT

Questions and bails kits: bindings@swoard.com

For the Swoard team, it is no longer possible to go back to anything else than these bindings! :D
Light. Low. Flat. Compact. Precise. Dynamic. At last, everything we wanted!
And the lateral flex allows a fluent style with reasonable bindings angles. :bravo:

The Swoard team

Wouter
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Feedback on the Swoard Redline bindings

Post by Wouter » Tuesday 2 March 2021, 20:08

Dear all. I ordered these new bindings together with a new Pro2 board. I love both. Bindings fit my DeeluxeFree69 boots perfectly and are nicely close to the board. This is something I hadn’t experienced before despite a nice collection of F2 and Burton bindings.

I’m not sure if it’s because of the board or the bindings (probably both) but the outcome (laid down turns.......) is much better.

Thanks guys!

Wouter
Swoard 168M Pro2
Oxess 164 Titanium
Volkl 175 Skwal
F2 Respect

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Sunday 20 November 2022, 11:46

INFO November 2022
---------------------------
- the Redline2 are OUT OF STOCK, except for some pairs in size S
- there will be no new pairs this winter 2022-2023
- like other brands, we sell spare parts.

The Redline2 have been very successful, simply by word of mouth, and especially because of their unrivaled carving and EC performances. :bravo: The all CNC machined aluminium construction is one of the factors behind these performances. But this top of the range is very expensive. With the current global crisis, production costs have risen particularly in this sector: energy, machinery, materials and transport. 8O
We have been looking for solutions throughout the summer of 2022 in order to avoid crazy prices, up to twice as high! This is not acceptable for our community, where we want extremecarving to be accessible to all. We wrote in 2016:
fivat wrote:
Tuesday 9 February 2016, 9:26
In addition we make very small margin, because we just want:
1) decent price for high-end CNC bindings
2) the best system matching to our boards & technique
When the situation will improve and we will start production again, we will inform you. In the meantime, there are still a few S pairs left:
Swoard team wrote:
Monday 28 December 2020, 14:42
Size S: feet size <= Mondo 26 (= EUR 40 = UK 6.5 = US 7.5) and rider's weight <= 60 kg

For the lucky Redline2 owners, here is a kit of 4 bails (diameter 5 mm) that may interest them:

Redline2-bails.jpg
Redline2-bails.jpg (22.58 KiB) Viewed 86071 times
Worldwide shipping
Price: 50 € + VAT

In the past, we have experienced breakages with all brands (7 different brands): bails, plates, inserts, blocks... 8O In this high-tech sport, it is inevitable with the fatigue of the materials. It happened during the Olympic Games! Even 6 mm thick bails end up breaking. If the bails are too big, it considerably reduces the rider's fluidity.
At Swoard, we use the best materials, from the aeronautics industry, with manufacturing in the north of Italy, but we can't do anything against metal fatigue. Riders are warned on this point. An absolute rule that we have been applying for 35 years is to always have spare parts with you (in the car or at the accommodation). Because in the resort, the shops have nothing in stock.

Great winter to all! 8)

The Swoard team

hagen111
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hagen111 » Sunday 27 November 2022, 9:24

Keep investigating. The world has seen 2 years of inflating prices, but we are at the end of that. Next year you may see a drastic drop in manufacturing prices as demand has decreased and supply chains will have caught up.

You can put me on the list for size L.

leeho730
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by leeho730 » Tuesday 15 August 2023, 3:49

Hi,

Sent an email for the small size ;-)
Also some spare bails.

Thank you!
Swoard 168M&S / Dual 158
TD3SW /F2 / Ibex
Stratos / RC10 / T700

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Friday 18 August 2023, 15:54

leeho730 wrote:
Tuesday 15 August 2023, 3:49
Sent an email for the small size ;-)
Thank you Howard! We have replied you by e-mail.
Note that:
  • Size S: feet size <= Mondo 26 (= EUR 40 = UK 6.5 = US 7.5) and rider's weight <= 60 kg
Regarding the other sizes, read the great news below. :D

The Swoard team

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Friday 18 August 2023, 15:55

INFO August 2023
- the famous Redline2 bindings are COMING BACK, in all sizes
- size S is still available, and sizes M and L should be available in February 2024
- like other brands, we sell spare parts (see info above).

As known, the Redline2 have been very successful, simply by word of mouth. But the top-of-the-range CNC-machined aluminum construction has become very expensive. In summer 2022, crazy prices up to twice as high were unacceptable. We have been fighting for several months to negotiate the best prices with our suppliers. We are delighted to announce that the bindings are in production, now in summer 2023.

Availability: February 2024
Worldwide shipping
Price: 380 € + VAT

Be ready for the coming winter! See you soon 8)

The Swoard team

leeho730
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by leeho730 » Saturday 2 September 2023, 6:09

Thank you’ can’t wait.
Swoard 168M&S / Dual 158
TD3SW /F2 / Ibex
Stratos / RC10 / T700

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Tuesday 7 November 2023, 11:35

In the meantime, here are two images of the Redline2. :o
Please wait until February before ordering. Thank you!

The Swoard team
Attachments
Swoard_Redline2_photo1.jpg
Swoard_Redline2_photo1.jpg (35.88 KiB) Viewed 72887 times
Swoard_Redline2_photo2.jpg
Swoard_Redline2_photo2.jpg (39.14 KiB) Viewed 72887 times