Would these boots and bindings fit to (which) Dual

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Greg
Rank 0
Rank 0

Would these boots and bindings fit to (which) Dual

Post by Greg » Thursday 8 January 2015, 12:11

Hi everybody,
I am new to this forum, although I have been lurking around for quite a while.
I’ll try to keep my questions as short as I can:

My stats:
Height: 177
Weight: Around 65kgs (planning on going to 70-75 within a year or so)
Shoe Size: 10

I want to switch to the dual as I want to get into softboot carving. I’ve been riding an old F2 Speedster GTS with a rather short lenght of 158 for many years now, with Head Intec Carbon Fiber bindings and pretty stiff Head boots.
Although I like my board and can carve it pretty well it is rather useless for anything else (powder, slush, technical passages through the woods, moguls etc).

My questions:

1.) Which Dual lenght would suit me for my height, weight and shoesize?
2.) Would K2 T1 boots http://en-de.k2snowboarding.com/boots/t1# be suitable for softboot carving and match with the Dual?
3.) Would Gnu Mutant Bindings http://www.gnu.com/bindings/mutant/ be suitable as well? As I have step-in bindings on my F2 board I’d prefer some flow style bindings on the Dual, unless these are really a no-go.

I can get a very good deal on boots and bindings if I decide untill Saturday, so a quick ok / not ok on this setup would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Greg

nicander
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Would these boots and bindings fit to (which) Dual

Post by nicander » Wednesday 14 January 2015, 14:50

Greg wrote:1.) Which Dual lenght would suit me for my height, weight and shoesize?
I think you want to look at a 168 or 175, the shorter ones are not wide enough for your shoe's. I wouldn't advise any shorter dual if I look at your stats. my stats are quite similar, only smaller shoe size.
Greg wrote:2.) Would K2 T1 boots http://en-de.k2snowboarding.com/boots/t1# be suitable for softboot carving and match with the Dual?
You need stiff boots to carv and to match with the dual. I saw these K2's are stiff enough, K2 boots tend to be very big. While you want to avoid drag in the snow, you need to look at compact boots. I ride on Burton Driver X.
Greg wrote:3.) Would Gnu Mutant Bindings http://www.gnu.com/bindings/mutant/ be suitable as well? As I have step-in bindings on my F2 board I’d prefer some flow style bindings on the Dual, unless these are really a no-go.
I don't know the GNU bindings. i see they are stiff, so that's good. I prefer normal straps with too cap. Make sure the boots fit nicely in the bindings. Choosing the same brand of boots and bindings will be a good choice, but not necessary. I've got the Ride Capo's now which are stiff and not too expensive.

FYI, I got the Dual 168 for sale, see my post.
Swoard Dual 168
Burton Driver X Softboots
Ride Capo bindings
F32
B25

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Wednesday 14 January 2015, 15:37

I confirm the good reply from nicander. I would add that:
- The Dual 168 is better choice than 175 because of your weight (65-70 kg only). So the Classified here may be a good opportunity.
- I have not tested the K2 boots. Many riders in this Forum seem to like the Salomon boots, which are compact too. It's not necessary to take the stiffest model if you plan also some good freeriding. It's a question of taste.
- If you have compact boots, be careful to not use too big bindings to avoid bad holding and pains.

Don't hesitate to give some feedback about your boots and experience. The soft boots market is really big, and people appreciate good advices.

Patrice Fivat

Greg
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Greg » Thursday 19 February 2015, 10:56

Guys, thank you very much for you replies.

Unfortunately I have been very busy workwise for the last weeks and did not have no time to dig into the boarding stuff, but I will definitely let you know how it turns out.