AlpineCarving.com's Take on Extreme Carving

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

drcr
Rank 4
Rank 4

AlpineCarving.com's Take on Extreme Carving

Post by drcr » Tuesday 7 December 2004, 11:15

Style, ExtremeCarving:
http://www.alpinecarving.com/ec.html

Anyone find anything incorrect in their summarization? Just curious. I'm thinking about selling my F2 RT's now as well as my Indy's (spring modded) lol.

Thanks,
DrCR

Rietzschel
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rietzschel » Tuesday 7 December 2004, 11:47

EC technique is suitable for beginner riders who have never carved before. The body rotation and push-pull technique is fundamental to basic carving, and can be learned without laying it over. It is simply a matter of starting with slopes that are less steep. The push-pull technique will naturally become laid over if you move to steeper and steeper slopes while maintaining speed control. The key is to maintain a smooth, fluid style as you progress. The EC style looks and feels totally effortless, because it is so fluid and dynamic.
I won't say incorrect. I'm actually hoping (s)he's right :wink:

drcr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by drcr » Tuesday 7 December 2004, 22:52

Rietzschel wrote:
EC technique is suitable for beginner riders who have never carved before. The body rotation and push-pull technique is fundamental to basic carving, and can be learned without laying it over. It is simply a matter of starting with slopes that are less steep. The push-pull technique will naturally become laid over if you move to steeper and steeper slopes while maintaining speed control. The key is to maintain a smooth, fluid style as you progress. The EC style looks and feels totally effortless, because it is so fluid and dynamic.
I won't say incorrect. I'm actually hoping (s)he's right :wink:
Oh, in the push-pull regard, it is indeed easy to catch on. I use a facsimile of the technique on my skateboard/longboard. (Though natually it's more like push-relax than push-pull. I would liken the concept to coasting down a hill on your bike and letting your angle/weight distrobution do the turing you desire. Think what half-pipers do with push-"relax" to gain height. EC is basically the same only in the horizontal plane rather than the vertical.

I'm not really looking for is he right or wrong as a whole. But more of is there anything at all stated there is incorrect with regards to EC?

DrCR

_________

Rietzschel
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rietzschel » Tuesday 7 December 2004, 23:52

EC technique is suitable for beginner riders who have never carved before.

Was just fooling around by taking EC technique litterally.

The summary seems pretty accurate, although I am no pro.

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by harald » Wednesday 8 December 2004, 8:57

I think it was a pretty good summary, and beginners should learn a good technique from the start. However, I think we should distinguish between rotation and push-pull which can be done vertically, and EC (Extreme Carving), that is laid down turns with the rotation/push-pull technique. Push-pull vertically is for all levels also for beginners. Laid down turns, that is EC, is definitely not for beginners.
harald

drcr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by drcr » Thursday 9 December 2004, 3:48

harald wrote:I think it was a pretty good summary, and beginners should learn a good technique from the start. However, I think we should distinguish between rotation and push-pull which can be done vertically, and EC (Extreme Carving), that is laid down turns with the rotation/push-pull technique. Push-pull vertically is for all levels also for beginners. Laid down turns, that is EC, is definitely not for beginners.
Good point. EC could perhaps also be called Extreme Push-Pull. :)

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ablazespy » Thursday 9 December 2004, 8:54

Extreme Carving = Laid Push Pull

Extreme Push Pull will not get you laid!!!

(for some, Yes, the second sentence is about snowboarding) :wink: :wink:

Greetz Dènis

Rietzschel
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rietzschel » Thursday 9 December 2004, 19:42

ablazespy wrote:Extreme Push Pull will not get you laid!!!
Hey Denis, NOT nescessarily! Don´t forget we are talking about horizontal push-pull :arrow: and that will set some things straight :roll: