Bordy says thanks to the EC guys.

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Bordy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Bordy says thanks to the EC guys.

Post by Bordy » Wednesday 13 October 2004, 22:00

I thank all of you for reading the review. I am thankful for those of you who took the review for what it was. An alpine enthusiast who bumped into a guy who let him ride his Swoard. My impressions of the board is as published. Of course any statement can be interpreted by the reader however they would like to. It is unfortunate to have my experience belittled and questioned. But as the reader that is your right to do so. As our impact on the Alpine community grows I believe this will no longer be an issue.

I feel it is important for the EC reader to understand that as a US consumer I believe I was properly educated about the Swoard and EC style almost a year prior to riding the product. As this would be all the info a US consumer would have. I was also excited to ride any Swoard product regardless of size and this was the 3rd Swoard rider I had approached and the first one to let me ride his gear. Many Thanks to John –Paul.

Many valid points have been discussed on this forum as I would expect from the manufactures web site.

It is on par with the discussion at any site but of course as a Swoard owner and rider you may be a bit more passionate about your responses. It is crucial that you view the review from the eyes of an Alpine enthusiast, despite personal preference; I tried to write the review and ride the product from the same view point. It is our intent at Hardbooter.com to strive for the growth of the sport.

While many of you view the review as negative and some even hint that it was a self promotional event.(Not True, but a great idea) The out come was still very positive to the Sport and the product. Many new members have visited this site and forum to learn more, several people have looked into gear and riding styles that they may not have been familiar with. I am very proud that so many people had an opportunity to participate in the process and I hope future reviews will produce a similar response. This is only beneficial to a sport we would all love to see grow.

As a long time alpine enthusiast I thank everyone who was passionate enough to post comments and will utilize the feedback to refine future reviews. Hopefully to include the new Swoard product.

Billy Bordy
Billy@hardbooter.com
Hardbooter.com
Alpine Dedicated
(
)
(
)
:D http://hardbooter.com/gallery/Presidents04/IMG00404

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

thnx for this!

Post by nils » Wednesday 13 October 2004, 22:02

thnx bordy

N.

drcr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by drcr » Sunday 17 October 2004, 6:40

I just want to say I wouldn't have even known about this board if it wasn't for you bordy. :)

Some time this evening I was lurking ebay for some good snowboard boots and I saw a nice pare of Burton Rulers that were one size too small. I noticed the seller was an ebay "store", found the site hardboot site, lurked the page, saw the review, Googled for the board, and now I end up here lurking a forum about a company I had never heard of before at one o’clock in the morning! :lol:

So bordy, what began as a quest for some cheap Burton boots resulted in a desire to know more about alpine "hard-boot" snowboarding and EC too. Thanks! :D

DrCR

roger
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by roger » Tuesday 11 January 2005, 23:17

I'm still curious about the validity of snowboard reviews from people who pimp bling-bling ghettofab F2 boards. Ah, well, sleeping time for the children. :D

Roger
That in the soul which is called the mind is, before it thinks, not actually any real thing.

Quiver: -04 F2 Eliminator Ltd 167 (TD2's) and a -05 F2 Speedster 183 (TD2's)

tilledog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tilledog » Thursday 11 August 2005, 8:15

Ghettofab?

Dave
Hardbooter.com
(
)
(
)

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

hmm not sure what he means

Post by nils » Thursday 11 August 2005, 9:44

please don't start a flame :)
subject is burried now (almost) and its summer!

We all know bordy does not ride a F2 anyway!

Nils

tilledog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tilledog » Sunday 4 September 2005, 19:57

Hardbooter.com
(
)
(
)