Who wants an extremecarving board?

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Thursday 5 September 2002, 8:06

Hi everyone,

We feel blessed by the success of Extremecarving.com and the high enthusiasm of a number of you have manifested to our discipline and prototype boards :D . But how could we further share our passion to you if you do not have access to the adequate gear & equipment ?

We have worked on the extremecarving discipline over the last 12 years and developed our own prototypes because the boards on the market have never been suitable for this riding technique. Due to the complex construction of our custom boards, we thought that mass production was virtually impossible and it never crossed our mind to market them.

Your enthusiasm and feedback led us to look at the problem from scratch, so we worked hard on a manufacturing concept that now combines industrial process with hand made construction. As a result, we are now able to build and market the same replica of our current prototypes: same shape, material, technology, development and ultimately, the same performances ! The only difference is the deck “look” which helps protect our secret technology.

If, like us, you are head over heal for this new sport, and if there is a good number interested to purchase a board, we can then start to build a limited edition of extremecarving boards.

Please keep in mind that even though snowboarding is our passion and hobby, we are just two regular guys with a family and a full time job. With these obligations, we will commit progressively the best we can.

The cost of our snowboards should be somewhere between a production race board and a high end custom board.

To get the maximum performance out of the board, it is important that the board is matched perfectly the rider’s physical characteristics. To make the board custom-like, we will pre-build three different board lengths with three different flexes for each length. This combination results in nine boards of different lengths and/or stiffness. This idea is a new concept by itself !

To go ahead in our limited edition process, we need your help! We need a head count of how many board to produce and, above all, to determine our (your) future “custom” board characteristics.

For those interested, please forward to info@extremecarving.com with the following info:
1) Name
2) Height (cm)
3) Weight (clothes and boots excluded…Kg)
4) Shoe size (the number written on your snowboard boots, ex: 275).

The above information is strictly for statistic reasons and you are not bound whatsoever to purchase a board. In addition, we will use those info to tweak the different parameters of our models. As expected, all info are and will be strictly confidential.

If there is a high number of carvers interested in our products and when we are ready, we will add a purchase order page on our website for your convenience.

Should you have any questions regarding the above, please feel free to share your views on this forum which would benefit all of us.

Thanks to all !!

Jacques Rilliet and Patrice Fivat.

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

EC Board

Post by audacium » Thursday 5 September 2002, 8:36

Hello all,

this is one of the best news in the last days! I'll reply you in a moment.

Thanks and regards,

Eduard.

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ablazespy » Thursday 5 September 2002, 10:15

yes, its great, real EC boards in production.

greetz Ablazespy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

indeed fantastic news :)

Post by nils » Thursday 5 September 2002, 10:19

:)
:)
;)

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Friday 6 September 2002, 18:56

We have to precise that our (your) EC boards could be sold to anyone around the world.
The cost of our snowboards should be somewhere between a production race board and a high end custom board.
We hope it won't exceed 800 Euros, taxes and shipping exclusive. For now we are making tests and we still don't know the final production costs.

We remind you that our goal is not to make money (and not to lose money :D ), but to share our passion and make all our possible for a comeback of snowboard carving.

Wish us good luck ! :P
Thanks to all !

Patrice Fivat and Jacques Rilliet

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by skywalker » Friday 6 September 2002, 23:49

Hi,

You wrote
The only difference is the deck “look” which helps protect our secret technology.
I know that nearly everything is more important about a board than this, but in everything else I completely trust in You. But design has nothing to do with knowledge and experience but only with what You like. So I would like to know: Is it possible to chose a deck design like matte black with yellow-orange "extremecarving.com" or something like that? Maybe some wood lock like some former pogos? Thanks for the answers!!!

Greetings

Tom

Winter's coming, where will You all be??

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Sunday 8 September 2002, 17:32

Hi Tom,
But design has nothing to do with knowledge and experience but only with what You like
Error... A black design will make the snow melt on your board when exposed to the sun and freeze and stick when put in the shadow. So the board weight will increase...

Because of this, the best color is white!

But don't worry, we are going to make the most beautiful boards ever made... I hope. :?
Maybe some wood lock like some former pogos?
This is much too expensive...
Winter's coming, where will You all be??
On our Swiss secret spot, of course. :D

Jacques

StanChung
Rank 2
Rank 2

Board graphics

Post by StanChung » Tuesday 10 September 2002, 8:37

I kind of like black topsheets(timeless, enduring and mysterious) but I also like the natural wood look of your Wild Ducks. The natural look (top secret e-carve technology hidden underneath)has that oneness with nature feel to it. I'm sure nobody else prefers the natural wood look, right?
Low Rider for Life
www.stanchung.com

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Tuesday 10 September 2002, 17:24

The natural look (top secret e-carve technology hidden underneath)has that oneness with nature feel to it. I'm sure nobody else prefers the natural wood look, right?
I agree. To me, the natural wood look is really beautiful.
But as I said, this would increase the price a lot.
As our high technology is already expensive I prefer to put the money in performance instead of decoration.

The market is already full of beautiful design boards.

Jacques

StanChung
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by StanChung » Tuesday 10 September 2002, 18:36

I agree with you Jacques. I am just dreaming out loud. :)
Low Rider for Life
www.stanchung.com

Eddie Risser
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Eddie Risser » Tuesday 8 October 2002, 23:09

I am excited to hear that you will be producing boards soon and will send my measurements as soon as I convert it to metric. :D

rcrobar
Rank 5
Rank 5

Metric Conversion

Post by rcrobar » Wednesday 9 October 2002, 2:57

Hi Eddie

I though that these conversion numbers might be useful to people interested in ordering an EC board.

To convert inches into centimeters multiply by 2.54

To convert pounds into kilograms multiply by .454

Rob

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

more info????

Post by ablazespy » Wednesday 9 October 2002, 12:45

Is there any more info on the boards? production dates, data on designs(not the grafics) , pricing, and others. :?: :?: :?:

I can't wait till I touch the snow anymore! 8O 8O 8O

Greetz Ablazespy :wink:

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Wednesday 9 October 2002, 16:45

Is there any more info on the boards? production dates, data on designs(not the grafics) , pricing, and others
Unfortunatly not. We are waiting for 3 weeks for our fiberglass and can't go on with our tests at the moment. :cry:

It should be here next week.

Jacques