Carving/alpine comeback

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Carving/alpine comeback

Post by fivat » Monday 2 September 2002, 14:20

From another thread ("On piste" forum):
binaural wrote:Well, I was in Grossarl, Austria the whole last winter and I must say that I gues 90 percent of the locals rode alpine.
Wow! Very impressive! Austria has always had an alpine spirit, more than any other country.
binaural wrote:And they rode it HARD!
The pupils were all riding softboots but I had some that switched to alpine because they were highly impressed by their teachers´ riding... :roll:
:wink:
Austria is our future! :D I would say that alpine snowboarding is born in Europe, and that it will resurrect in Europe!
binaural wrote:I can foresee an alpine/carving comeback in the next few years. Though I hope not. I kinda like the underground flavor to extreme carving and having crashed with another highspeed carver once, I can tell you that that REALLY hurts...
Yes, but we need a comeback to get easily hard boots and carving boards! Of course we can buy this stuff in a few shops or over Internet, but I want to see my sport IN ALL THE SHOPS! :twisted:

-Patrice Fivat

jeanbernard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by jeanbernard » Tuesday 3 September 2002, 10:24

:D
impressive indeed!
8O and somewhat surprising as well, although we all know that the concentration of alpine snowboarders is higher in german-speaking countries.
Actually I went in kitzbühel, austria, last year and there were maybe 30% of alpine. Of course, the amount of tourists may well have influenced the ratio, but even without tourists, 90% of locals seems high to me. There was only one shop which had a few alpine boards and hard boots. and when I say a few, it's really very few. :cry:

I do also want to see my sport in all the shops! :wink: