nose-diving

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

F2 SP 172

Post by István » Wednesday 15 September 2004, 17:27

Hi Frunobulax ,

Although the topic was really discussed in details, I just wanted to add my experience on F2 SP 172 (I have the same model):

- it loves nose-diving, for sure. Even on frontsides - just push it harder and it wil do that.

- same experience with angles: 66 - 63. Previously I had 63 57 (feet EUR44, heel lift), but after becoming able to go really down at backsides, I figured out that even though it is not really visible, my heel touched the snow, hence decreased edge preassure

- at your height (I'm only 188, but need the widest possible stance, so you must have the same case), you'll not be able to move back the binding signifficantly, so it will not help.

- yes, the nose is too stiff, this is why it nose-dives. The only way to avoid this is not to push it that hard in softer snow and put your weight a bit behind.

- I agree that F2 should follow this wide-board tendency - they might will. I have not seen the 2005 models yet, but should be on their website soon. I believe that this is really a new way where this sport develops, so this might be the reason that big manufacturers react a bit slower.

- As for the Swoard, Nils had a comment on the forum that they would come out with some good news on Swoard in September - so it is not that sure that you can not buy. Nils, how is it going?

Cheers,

István

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

F2

Post by István » Wednesday 15 September 2004, 17:30

Sorry, just one addition to the above, the new F2 palette is out, just checked on the net, no special EC model is there (but the design of the alpine boards are really nice...).

Kindest,

István

rebae
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rebae » Thursday 16 September 2004, 10:43

hi guys
read all your comments on the SP. i just bought one some weeks ago and right now i am pretty anxious 8O to one side, to the other side pressy curious how it will be to ride the SP. any advises before i will ride it? i am not sure if i have to take out a life policy :D before i go to Saas Fee the next month 8)
best regards
rebae

frunobulax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by frunobulax » Thursday 16 September 2004, 11:32

@Istvan: thx for help, that's very much like my own guess about the SP and how to handle it. But since this shouldn't be a discussion about F2 boards, I'd like to repeat my question about the effect of the binding position on nose-diving and overall behaviour of the board:

correct me if I'm wrong:
bindings backwards -> more pressure on rear end of board, more stability, less tendency to nose-diving
bindings forward -> more pressure on front end of board, better manoeuvrability, also some tendency to "oversteer", more tendency to nose-diving

Did I get it right?

@rebae: :D cheer up, in my opinion the SP is a good buy anyway. Ok, you need to follow f.e. Istvan's advice (keep weight back on soft surface) and do some leg training before the season starts (as each of us should do), but there are some good things about the SP, too:
very good edge hold on hard surface, precise carving at medium speeds, feels light and quick when changing edges, and it has to be said that there's some fine craftsmanship about it: absolutely no scratches in the base so far after two seasons, the edge comes from the factory razor sharp and stays like that for a long time, no loss of camber, the board looks as good as new after two years.
What kind of board did you ride before? :?:

@nils: mhm, news about the swoard?