CARVING MAGAZINE UPDATE

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

rcrobar
Rank 5
Rank 5

CARVING MAGAZINE UPDATE

Post by rcrobar » Thursday 17 November 2011, 23:59

I think EC riders are hoping to be recognized, respected and ultimately accepted by the mainstream of our niche' sport; in years past it has been a bit of an uphill battle if you liked to rotate and get low. Seeing ECing validated by hardbooters in general, via this magazine, is probably seen as important for the EC part of the Alpine community. But ultimately just seeing great pictures of great EC rides, as well as racers, etc., would be fantastic. So no weeping from the EC guys, or from the People's Front of Judea :mrgreen: , only best wishes and success to Alexis with regards to his magazine pursuit.

Cheers
Rob

alexgforce
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: CARVING MAGAZINE UPDATE

Post by alexgforce » Friday 18 November 2011, 1:06

Because I cannot be in all these place to take pictures and nobody stepped forward with material regarding any of these sessions. I have no problem to include all of the events as soon as can get my hands on some descent material. The Velvet pro team were the first that came up with fantastic pictures of their event. I think that everyone will be impressed with the material.

Rob, thanks for your wishes!!! I don't think that EC riders are not recognized from the community. On the contrary everyone knows (at least the people that are really into the sport) that the EC crew gave a huge boost to alpine snowboarding. The magazine will present all styles of alpine snowboarding as well as racing from all over the world. So far this has not been easy especially finding people to communicate in Asia trying to get stuff of them.
I truly believe that when the magazine is out and people get to see it we will be able to get more help in terms of material like articles, photos, etc. That is why it is important to get the first issue out.
Alexis Angelides
CARVING MAGAZINE
Email: editor@carvingmag.com
http://www.carvingmag.com

Transistor Rhythm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Transistor Rhythm » Friday 18 November 2011, 11:16

Will buy it nevertheless.
Fridgecarver

sebhennery
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by sebhennery » Friday 18 November 2011, 22:32

This magasine is a good idea :clap3: , if you want to participate to somes Swoard Demo Tour 2011/2012 you are welcome to come to Peyragudes the 14th and 15th of January 2012.
Contact me if you are interested
seb
On ne juge pas un homme sur le nombre de fois qu'il tombe mais sur le nombre de fois qu'il se relève

alexgforce
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by alexgforce » Friday 18 November 2011, 22:37

Thanks for the invitation Seb. Would love to!!!. Let me finish with the whole project and I will be in touch. Just in case though, from now on during the events have the magazine in mind. Take some photos, write a few words and send the stuff to me. It will be great to include as many events as possible.
Alexis Angelides
CARVING MAGAZINE

luomu
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by luomu » Thursday 15 December 2011, 12:13

Hi!
What's the mag status? The one-page site has disappeared a few days ago and today you were supposed to start taking orders through the website?

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Thursday 15 December 2011, 20:42

Hmmm, kind of high price for a mag EUR 25.-- (incl. shipping).

Transistor Rhythm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Transistor Rhythm » Thursday 15 December 2011, 22:40

Good looking website. Too bad only PayPal and creditcard payments, both aren't used much in The Netherlands. I think my girlfriend has a credit card somewhere, so I'll manage.
Hans wrote:Hmmm, kind of high price for a mag EUR 25.-- (incl. shipping).
True. But a lot of imported magazines are pretty expensive in the bookstore as well. And there are probably more advertisements in those magazines as well. I don't think +/- €20,- for the magazine alone is a crazy price.
Fridgecarver

alexgforce
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by alexgforce » Friday 16 December 2011, 12:59

Fist of all thanks for the support!!!!
It is overwhelming to see that within the first 24 hours the sales have exceeded 100 from all 4 continents.

For people that don't use Paypal or don't have a credit card there is also a bank transfer option. All you have to do is send me an email.

Here are some facts that all of you should know (as posted in Bomber):
- Not a single ad that is included in the magazine was charged. All the ads were free. The goal is to break even only with the sales of the magazine.
- All or at least most of the manufacturers (globally) were contacted to provide material for the magazine (ad or company profile). The ones that are included in this issue were the ones that submitted material. Nobody was excluded.
- The price of the magazine is not what we were hoping for. Unfortunately our intention to produce a luxurious publication ended up with a magazine (book more likely) that weighs 800 gr. As a result we made the postal service very happy since half of the price is shipping. Still, I would not go for something less (in terms of printing quality and paper) than what it is since it is an annual publication even if it affect the sales.

I hope you enjoy it!!!
Thanks for the support.
Alexis Angelides
CARVING MAGAZINE

luomu
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by luomu » Wednesday 21 December 2011, 20:10

Just got the magazine from my mailbox. Looks and smells great! Excellent job!!

:clap: :clap: What a great christmas present (for myself :xmas: )

Silver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Silver » Thursday 22 December 2011, 0:29

Hello!

Any more detailed feedback on the content of the mag?

Is there a big part on riding technics?

Thanks!

Silver 8)

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Friday 30 December 2011, 18:28

For me the CarvingMag is a "must to have" piece. But I know a guy who says that he would never buy such a thing. ;)

It is really well designed, written and truly shows how our global snowboard scene looks like. Amazing photos of carvers, events and production time or just anything connected to snowboarding nowdays.

There are some informations on technique but it is not really a "from rookie to pro in snowboarding weekend" ;-)

Great job on doing this! It's a really nice thing.
www.carvingskills.com
580km in 3 hours and 5 minutes completely legal!!! I love german highways!!!