Setting an cuff's shoes for effective EC driving

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

mirekd
Rank 5
Rank 5

Setting an cuff's shoes for effective EC driving

Post by mirekd » Sunday 13 November 2011, 15:33

Hi All!

SWOARD Team recommends, based on years of experience, riding a "no canting".

Is the recommendation of these (except the bindings), includes cuff cant adjusters on the inside and/or outside ankle which occurs in Boots (for example, Raichle)?

I read about setting shoes in FAQ: EC, shoes, bindings, boards, tuning, technique, etc. and in "Carver's Almanac 2007" as well "Bomberonline_tech articels", but have not found answers to the question:

How much is important (relevant) setting an cuff's shoes for effective extremecarving driving ? :)
northwave_950_3.jpg
northwave_950_3.jpg (158.23 KiB) Viewed 11151 times
Raichle AF700TS_4.jpg
Raichle AF700TS_4.jpg (81.12 KiB) Viewed 11151 times
Blax Toni_4.jpg
Blax Toni_4.jpg (143.17 KiB) Viewed 11151 times
For the normal building the legs (legs simple), cuff's shoes should be:
a) perpendicular
b) inclined to the outside
c) other ?
And similarly: as set in the case of curvature of the legs on the outside ( ) or inside X ?

To the so-called "comfort items" we come only after a certain period of science - can you provide guidance for beginers?

mirek
Like "joemzl" and others - extreme dreamer every day...

jax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Setting an cuff's shoes for effective EC driving

Post by jax » Monday 21 November 2011, 20:50

I vote for a
www.carvers.it

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by harald » Tuesday 22 November 2011, 9:37

The whole idea of adjusting cuffs is to compensate for bowed legs (towards inside or outside) so the adjustments make the body weight evenly distributed on the whole feet in full balance. Therefore, a) is the right for normal build legs and a) should be the end result after cuff adjustments for irregular legs.
harald

benttech
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by benttech » Tuesday 22 November 2011, 10:23

Sorry for the off-topic, but...

Mirek, do you use google translate? I noticed a few members post on the forums by copying + pasting what they put in google translate and quite honestly it's terrible.

mirekd
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mirekd » Friday 25 November 2011, 22:18

Yes, I use the Google translator, Translatika 7 and dictionary.
Relatively many people use language translator, and has a problem with the correct writing of the text. :?
I know that makes a problem for readers, but they truly understand it and forgive mistakes. Examples are numerous.
The most important is to participate in extremecarving forum! :)

mirek

Ps. I'm sorry that you have a problem with it. Specially for you I can also write in Polish.
My enthusiasm dropped. "100 terrible posts," is more than enough ... :think:

leeho730
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by leeho730 » Saturday 26 November 2011, 10:16

Oh, I didn't realise you were using google translate... had no problem understanding it, though :wink:

Cuff canting is different from binding canting.

About canting of the boot: I usually set the canting of the boots after attaching them to the board with preferred angle (53,48) and stance. The reason is that rear foot doesn't bend in a same way as the front foot...

And come to think about it, heel lift on the back foot is quite a good idea..
Swoard 168M&S / Dual 158
TD3SW /F2 / Ibex
Stratos / RC10 / T700

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Saturday 26 November 2011, 22:36

Come on guys!

Everybody tries to translate !

I can easily remember spending more time with a dictionary than with a forum! But I've never used google translate - it's really terrible...

Mirek -> I like your enthusiasm, and your engagement is really rare. But you must know, that your very first posts were truly hard to read... Now you are easily understandable despite this google translator... Anyway it's a great improvement! Congrats :-) You must also know, that for a native english/american whose second language is polish it is still very hard to understand why did you chose this way of translating...

Mike -> I'm against google, but I've laughed tears reading your posts in snowboard.pl few weeks ago. Did you use google translate too? Or am I mistaken?

peace,
;)
www.carvingskills.com
580km in 3 hours and 5 minutes completely legal!!! I love german highways!!!

benttech
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by benttech » Monday 28 November 2011, 22:46

mirekd wrote:Yes, I use the Google translator, Translatika 7 and dictionary.
Relatively many people use language translator, and has a problem with the correct writing of the text. :?
I know that makes a problem for readers, but they truly understand it and forgive mistakes. Examples are numerous.
The most important is to participate in extremecarving forum! :)

mirek

Ps. I'm sorry that you have a problem with it. Specially for you I can also write in Polish.
My enthusiasm dropped. "100 terrible posts," is more than enough ... :think:
Oh Mirek, dont take me wrong, I am a translator and I use google translate sometimes, and I did not say your posts were "terrible", the the translation I have seen from google translate are terrible (this is why google tranlslate is terrible, it does not read context). I just wanted to say that you can feel it and sometimes I think it's "cheating", i.e., that it hurts your knowledge about the English language. And I completely agree, the most important is participating in the forums and asking questions, I sometimes feel that a lot of information is being kept hidden here...

Rafal :) I never use google translate to say what I want to say in Polish, but sometimes I think I should, my writing is terrible :) But you have to know I sometimes type "lucidly", e.g., directly from my mind and I am not afraid to make mistakes, I just hope you understand me and my humor/context :) Oh yea, I am lazy too.

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Wednesday 30 November 2011, 22:24

Hi mirek,

I've finally found it -> viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29

check this out :-)
www.carvingskills.com

mirekd
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mirekd » Thursday 1 December 2011, 21:45

benttech wrote:Oh Mirek, dont take me wrong, I am a translator and I use google translate sometimes... ... And I completely agree, the most important is participating in the forums and asking questions, I sometimes feel that a lot of information is being kept hidden here...
I understand you perfectly. I am not angry! :) Translation of individual words very, very different from translating phrases. Translation of single words and whole sentences translation, or phrases this are two different things. In addition to the vocabulary, it is necessary a good knowledge of grammar and this not easy. I hope that I'll be fine! :wink:
harald wrote:The whole idea of adjusting cuffs is to compensate for bowed legs (towards inside or outside) so the adjustments make the body weight evenly distributed on the whole feet in full balance. Therefore, a) is the right for normal build legs and a) should be the end result after cuff adjustments for irregular legs.
Abrax wrote:I've finally found it -> viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29
Thanks for the explanation and link. Harald and Rillet explanation is consistent with my reasoning. :bravo: I just needed confirmation. 8)
So Cuff is adjustable to compensate our leg deformities - cuffs set symmetrically, so that we were comfortable. If you have a straight leg - cuffs perpendicular to the board. If you have a leg ( ) - cuffs angled to the outside. If ... etc.

I greet,
mirek

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Thursday 1 December 2011, 22:09

Yeap, and If you have one leg ) and the other < means that the first is curved and the latter is broken ;)
www.carvingskills.com