Raichle SB 323 vs Deeluxe track 325t

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

iceaxe
Rank 2
Rank 2

Raichle SB 323 vs Deeluxe track 325t

Post by iceaxe » Thursday 10 November 2011, 23:32

I currently am using a set of SB 323 boots with Abrax's ACSS (very nice). I'm wondering if there is much difference between my boot and the Deeluxe track 325T. The Deeluxe comes with a thermoflex liner, but I understand I can purchase these aftermarket for my current boots. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Amadeo
Swoard 168M, Raichle SB323 w/ACSS via Abrax, Burton Step in race (non-intec).

mirekd
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Raichle SB 323 vs Deeluxe track 325t

Post by mirekd » Friday 11 November 2011, 10:12

Hi Amadeo (iceaxe) !

Comparative analysis and appropriate selection of shoes for alpine snowboarding is pretty well described on the page Carver's Almanac 2007
Carver's Almanac 2007.jpg
I hope this information will be very helpful. :)

mirek

Ps. More information can provide direct users of these models of shoes. :)
Like "joemzl" and others - extreme dreamer every day...

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Friday 11 November 2011, 10:48

If yo dont have any special reason to update boots then best might be just pick Palau liners.
That you should do anyway even if you get new ones :bravo:

leeho730
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by leeho730 » Friday 11 November 2011, 12:50

I'm using Raichle 123 with ACSS and I'm quite happy. As far as I know, track 325 and your boots have almost identical shell. Probably the only differences are the the colour and the buckles. If I were you, I wouldn't bother as long as you're happy with the current boots.

I used Palau and zipfit liners. I'm happier with zipfit but Palau is ok. One advice: Don't buy half size Palau liners! I've bought 25.5 for my 25 deeluxe boots and the liner seemed a bit too roomy. So if you have size 26 boots then buy size 26 liner, not 26.5!

Also, Palau liner needs to be heat moulded, otherwise it might be too painful to wait until the liner packs out.

Just my 2 cents...
Swoard 168M&S / Dual 158
TD3SW /F2 / Ibex
Stratos / RC10 / T700

joemzl
Location: where Varus died in Germany // above you see, why I came to snowboarding: the Vitelli Turn

Post by joemzl » Friday 11 November 2011, 18:12

iceaxe wrote:I currently am using a set of SB 323 boots with Abrax's ACSS (very nice). I'm wondering if there is much difference between my boot and the Deeluxe track 325T.
Yes there is.
Sorry leeho, if I have another opinion. :snooty:
The 323 boots were on the softer side.
324 were stiffer and 325 the stiffest ones for racers.
Track325 has the same stiffness as the SB325 (it´s the same with Track700 - stiffness as AF700)
Track 225 (the name for this type isn´t really recognizable) should be as stiff as your SB323.

But - and now it´s your turn leeho - plastic is hardening out by time.
Maybe the old SB123 appears now as stiff as a new Track325 :silly:
And the SB323 - I don´t know.
Perhaps you should try one foot in your 323 and the other in a Track325 :mrgreen:

:D Have you ever tried to open the buckles, while they were full of snow on an icy day? :roll:
If so, you may have a look on the buckles of the Track´s.

About the liners see the other posts.
Extreme Dreamer every night

Swoard Pro 175M +Race Ti Flex, Plasma CE185/17, Swoard Stoke 162M

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Friday 11 November 2011, 21:35

Hi there,

Deeluxe track 325T are middle stiff boots... 323's does have 4 buckles too... The 325tlooks fresh and awesome...

YES 325T are perfect in situation when You will kill 323's... It's more or less the same boot... It's stiffer but:

Your weight is more or less 70 kg's so in my opinion 323 (which are not the stiffest ones ) are stiff enough for Your needs having EC in mind... You don't need any stiffer shell.

AND:
Male in me says: I would invest in palau's because it will dramatically better the boot, but it will still be much cheaper than buying new 325T...
BUT
Female in me says: Waste the 323's , 325T are so pretty....

You choose...
www.carvingskills.com
580km in 3 hours and 5 minutes completely legal!!! I love german highways!!!

leeho730
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by leeho730 » Saturday 12 November 2011, 5:59

Yeah, funny thing is, I have both track 700 and 225 but not 325. Maybe the plastic of 123 has hardened? With 225 and BTS yellow spring the boots were a bit too soft for my taste (so that I stiffened the tongue). 123, slightly softer than 700 but I was happy enough so that I ended up not buying 325.

My weight (68kg) might also have helped.

About buckles... Again I had not much issues with both old type and the new one. powder days, icy days, slush says. In some way I prefer old style buckles, due to low profile and that it's easier to unbuckle and buckle back, new one seemed to flap around. For me the new buckle system was not a enough reason to buy 325.

About the Palau liner... It was bloody darn painful unmoulded that I decided t go home in less than 2 hours. Once heat moulded it was comfy as hell. But I recon one of the shortcoming of Raichle and Deeluxe boots is that ankle area is a bit too roomy for me (head boots have better designed ankle area, IMHO), since I have skinny ankles. Used Palau liner, ankle still lifted on track 700, tried zipfit liner on 123, had to visit bootfitter 3 times to add more around ankle area so that ankle won't lift. I agree that Palau liner is better than stock Raichle or thermoflex liners but ultimately the best one will be those that can have materials injected into them i.e injection moulded liners.

But I believe everyone's different... :wink:
Swoard 168M&S / Dual 158
TD3SW /F2 / Ibex
Stratos / RC10 / T700

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Saturday 12 November 2011, 11:15

In my situation heating has done a thing. But the heel was still traveling up and down a bit...
Finally after ACSS was mounted, everything has changed and it is now nice and smooth.

I do also have a skinny ankles and my shin bones were really badly painful... But as I said, heat - molding has done it's magic. Shin bone does not hurt anymore and the ankle is OK now. My liners are "thermofit heel and tongue".

Anyway if 323 does not have any thermofit areas in liners I would definitely invest in Palaus.

But hey, are You uncomfortable with the existing liners in 323's?

If You feel OK, and Your leg does not really move inside the boot, forget the Palaus and keep riding 323's!

Anyway You can always buy UPZ Virus which are pretty pricey and if this is not enough, You can always ask Frank to make a limited version just for You ;) Knowing Virus the price would be around 1000euro for one pair ;) But forget this digression, I just don't like UPZ's ...
www.carvingskills.com
580km in 3 hours and 5 minutes completely legal!!! I love german highways!!!

iceaxe
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by iceaxe » Monday 14 November 2011, 5:25

Thanks everyone, you really are a very helpful group of people. I'm assuming most of you live in Europe? I didn't win the 325's on ebay, so I will be sticking with my 323's. I don't have any problem with them; the liners aren't the greatest, but I will use them a little bit longer and then get some of the Palau's. It's frustrating to have such a lack of options for boots. I mention UPZ because they are the only other alpine boots I have not tried. I used Blax (which is now Head) and I never liked them, I also used burtons which were heavy and very big. The SB's I have are nicer, especially with the ACSS I should be getting my Swoard within a week... now all I need is some snow.

Amadeo
Swoard 168M, Raichle SB323 w/ACSS via Abrax, Burton Step in race (non-intec).