Binding for Carving and slitboard touring? Oh and what boots

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Stomp
Rank 0
Rank 0

Binding for Carving and slitboard touring? Oh and what boots

Post by Stomp » Friday 1 April 2011, 1:00

Ok so I'm a newbie and lost, I recently got into carving due to lack of powder here in Chamonix and I love it. I got a second hand Dual and it rocks.
Currently ride it with Solomon malamutes and bent metal bindings but I want to go down the hard boot line. I also have a split board and skins for touring so my question is

What boots would suit me for doing carving and touring, I'm a narrow mondo 25cm foot and haven't a clue where I can get boots or which one would suit, there's nowhere in chamonix

Also what bindings would suit both boards if that possible.

Sorry if theses are silly questions but pretty new to all this and trying to source everything on a budget ain't easy either,

Thanks in advance for any replies

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Saturday 2 April 2011, 8:54

Superb Bomber splitboard sidewinder bindings for utmost control and comfort:
http://www.bomberonline.com/store/bindi ... tboard.cfm

nakaniko
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by nakaniko » Tuesday 5 April 2011, 10:29

A suggestion: the pieces of a common Proflex-F2 bindings match perfectly the slider tracks, so you can use them unscrewed from even the bases of cheaper Freecarve (30-35 euro on ebay.de) and fix over the slider, holes are compatible, you have only to get 8 shorter m6 screws with low thickness heads (or you lower with tools by yourself..).
The counterside is that I've seen that this works only with short and medium sized boots, and the plastic pieces then a little to bend outside. But for my hardboot n. 43 works good.
For the boots I've bought used at a very cheap preice a black-white Raichle Snowboarder, rewieved as a good touring boot also on the boot section of www.alpinecarving.com.
Burton Speed Wide 168 - Nitro Shogun 168, Torque 164, Slash 171, etc. - snowboarder and windsurfer

Stomp
Rank 0
Rank 0

Thanks for the replies, Hmm sidewinder s

Post by Stomp » Saturday 9 April 2011, 19:50

I Like the look of the side winders but can the same pair be mounted to a standard snowboard ie. Four hole pattern or do I need additional hardware? Thinking of getting a pair of deeluxe 225 t if I can find some cheap enough to complete the package. Just wish it was winter again already