Spring carving photos.

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

luomu
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by luomu » Monday 28 March 2011, 19:42

As said, I have the same angles for both bindings. But theoretically, if Fuego-test allows, you could result in 45 F / 50 R angles 8O
Most likely the differences won't be that dramatic though.
I guess this is the new school :D

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Monday 28 March 2011, 21:18

A new school, but seems resonable...

I was questioning myself why not to set the same angles on both boots, just in the beginning of this winter...

I'll definately give it a try. :-)

-> On the second photo the fabulous ACSS can be seen!!! :-)
www.carvingskills.com
580km in 3 hours and 5 minutes completely legal!!! I love german highways!!!

crack676
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by crack676 » Monday 28 March 2011, 21:28

@luomu: Very nice pictures! Coiler seems to work pretty fine for you!

Greatings from Team Coiler Switzerland

BTW: Your Trans Bastard is still in use sometimes!
Coiler NSR 189 16.5 & 189 20.5, Kessler WC 185, V- Asy 186
Intec Titanium; Deeluxe T 700 BTS

H2O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by H2O » Tuesday 29 March 2011, 9:19

luomu wrote:As said, I have the same angles for both bindings. But theoretically, if Fuego-test allows, you could result in 45 F / 50 R angles 8O
Most likely the differences won't be that dramatic though.
I guess this is the new school :D
Thank you very much! I'll try!
:hello:
Pietro
... sciare in pista è come nuotare in piscina, sciare in fuoripista è come farlo in mare aperto ...

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Tuesday 29 March 2011, 9:25

I would not go, atleast straight awy, to angles where you have less angle in front than on rear. Might be best to try first with equal angles and check how that feels on your knees. Due body mechanics with different people are really different.
Another point to remember is that due most bindings are quite loose and allow boot turn there several degrees, even you have setup bindings to this kind "duck" stance boots are not in "duck" position.
Additionally, even i can not make EC-turns according Book, i would say that "duck" stance or will certainly limit your movements when going down, and/or really twist yor knees :roll:

H2O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by H2O » Tuesday 29 March 2011, 10:02

pokkis wrote:I would not go, atleast straight awy, to angles where you have less angle in front than on rear. Might be best to try first with equal angles and check how that feels on your knees. Due body mechanics with different people are really different.
Another point to remember is that due most bindings are quite loose and allow boot turn there several degrees, even you have setup bindings to this kind "duck" stance boots are not in "duck" position.
Additionally, even i can not make EC-turns according Book, i would say that "duck" stance or will certainly limit your movements when going down, and/or really twist yor knees :roll:
Pokkis, ok I'll consider!
For me should be a really radical change, as now I am riding with a surf (Pureboarding) stance with 37° rear (with Burton 7° Unicant-cant/lift) and 54° front; this setting gives to me a lot of balance and at the same time quickness, also in freeride with long swallowtails.
Pietro
... sciare in pista è come nuotare in piscina, sciare in fuoripista è come farlo in mare aperto ...

Rey
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rey » Thursday 31 March 2011, 9:46

Hi, Luomu !
Really nice pictures ! You still strongly progressing! Bravo!

Actually, a said, that angle of front and back bindings can be same or little bit «/ \» but not more then 3 degrees, because measurement of angle by bindings is not correct – there are lot of backlash. Yes, my front angle is less then back, BUT it is not recommendation!, because my feet size is 46 (US 13) , that is why for me is not big difference 2 degrees les then back one. You need to find a balance between the maximum approach shoe to edge (if snow is dance, icy, then the shoes can look out for the edge) and riding comfort.
Of course it is better if the front is more than the rear, is a natural and convenient!
Pokkis is right! each of us has different physiological data, and it is useless to adjust to the strange settings. Need to search your own!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Tikhmenev
http://velvet.pro/forum

evGen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by evGen » Thursday 31 March 2011, 10:01

Rey wrote:Hi, Luomu !

Actually, a said, that angle of front and back bindings can be same or little bit «/ \» but not more then 3 degrees, because measurement of angle by bindings is not correct – there are lot of backlash. Yes, my front angle is less then back, BUT it is not recommendation!, because my feet size is 46 (US 13) , that is why for me is not big difference 2 degrees les then back one. You need to find a balance between the maximum approach shoe to edge (if snow is dance, icy, then the shoes can look out for the edge) and riding comfort.
Of course it is better if the front is more than the rear, is a natural and convenient!
Pokkis is right! each of us has different physiological data, and it is useless to adjust to the strange settings. Need to search your own!
+1
evGen=ben velvet.pro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jVztPStsEA

H2O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by H2O » Thursday 31 March 2011, 10:09

Rey wrote:Hi, Luomu !

+2 :bravo:
Pietro

luomu
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by luomu » Thursday 31 March 2011, 12:09

Thanks for the compliments, prophets of the east :D There's finally some (ok a lot) of progress on the back side turn after zinal. Great tips from you guys and from secretly peaking from the cups of Vin Chaude to what EvGen was demonstrating on the lift station have been a significant help to the right directiion I suppose..

I would not go for a "reverse duck" either, it feels odd even if you test it just standing on the floor. But then again, for me the same-same (even angles) seems just fine. The point I was also trying to make with this example was indeed questioning the facts that you need to have just spesific angles and trying out for yourself. Pokkis seemed to get the point out in an easier to understand way :wink:

H2O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by H2O » Thursday 31 March 2011, 12:32

So, EC setting seems to be an example of total symmetry :rules: :
- set-back: 0
- board's shape and flex: symmetrical
- bindings: flat (centered stance)
- boots with the same calf canting
- and now, same angles!
Pietro

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Thursday 31 March 2011, 19:56

luomu wrote:Thanks for the compliments, prophets of the east :D There's finally some (ok a lot) of progress on the back side turn after zinal. Great tips from you guys and from secretly peaking from the cups of Vin Chaude to what EvGen was demonstrating on the lift station have been a significant help to the right directiion I suppose..
Hmm I have some lack in backsiderotation, can you enlighten me with some tips you have gotten?

luomu
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by luomu » Monday 4 April 2011, 12:42

Hi Hans!
Since I'm no prophet nor have the Instructor jacket to be preaching for the masses, I just sent you a short PM of the observations we have made this season that have helped me improve. :P

H2O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by H2O » Wednesday 6 April 2011, 19:04

luomu wrote: of the observations we have made this season that have helped me improve. :P
Luomu, I am really interested too!
Pietro

tommaso2k
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tommaso2k » Wednesday 6 April 2011, 19:52

luomu,
can you please inform me as well how you improved your technique - either reply her to make it visible or copy me a PM.
THanks in advance.

Regards
Tom
Brand doesn´t matter, the spirit does!