Hi all first time!

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

mirekd
Rank 5
Rank 5

Hi all first time!

Post by mirekd » Wednesday 9 March 2011, 17:54

Hi guys!

After many years of skiing, I was the new official member of your forum but 'silent' contact with you, I've had since March 2010, when he first saw the YouTube videos: Stoked, Extreme Dreamer, Lifted, etc. literally - as he says my wife - crazy at this point. Every day, (even in summer), watched movies, read all messages in the forum, getting to know your experiences and views on the boards, boots, bindings, driving techniques and exercises - all of this to ever achieve the goal: to drive like Jacques and Patrice .
Learning the basics driving (Virage de base, wirage push-pull) is possible on my slope (Mountain 4 Winds in Mrągowo), but the technique will deepen in the mountains is not easy because I only spend about two weeks a year. Is waiting for my move? - I think so!

Here's a link to a brief visit to my G4W Mrągowo:
This is a link from my push-pull base training:

In Forum I had the pleasure to meet people whose passion is not only in touch with nature - or its subjugation - but mainly the desire to experience sensations that are impossible to achieve for other sports.
I felt the first time watching Extreme Dreamer and then practicing the push-pull in-depth - it was an amazing feeling, which had not previously experienced while skiing.

SWOARD team has done an amazing job - the desires instilled in me and in many others.
I thank them for it!

I greet all
mirekd

Ps. Sorry for language mistakes - I learn and I use often with from translator.
Like "joemzl" and others - extreme dreamer every day...

joemzl
Location: where Varus died in Germany // above you see, why I came to snowboarding: the Vitelli Turn

Post by joemzl » Wednesday 9 March 2011, 18:45

Hello mirekd,
welcome to the forum. :hello:

Seems like you started, like I did. (extreme dreamer every night :D )
But I made a big mistake.
I thought it would be good to learn at first by myself - and lost years by that.
One of the most important thing is the rotation technique.
Look at this video https://www.youtube.com/user/BBEENN1964 and compare to your style.
But best thing is to train with others. Catch one of the other guys of your country. :mrgreen:
Extreme Dreamer every night

Swoard Pro 175M +Race Ti Flex, Plasma CE185/17, Swoard Stoke 162M

mirekd
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mirekd » Wednesday 9 March 2011, 20:09

Hi!

Yes! You're right!
The first period is very important in learning the EC. If you are able to benefit from the aid instructor everything is much faster. Unfortunately, on my slope no one rides on a hard board - everyone is'soft boardman '-and I do not what to learn.
In fact, the entire period from March 2010 to now, recovering from 'step by step' to the appropriate hardware configuration. The first shoes were found to be much too large, the stiff, had a constant slope and protrude outside the board. I could easily bend your legs at the knees to 90 degrees - I felt like a 'concrete pole. " A lot of the problems was the setting of bonds (angles, spacing, setback) - screwdriver virtually all the time was in use.
However, as 'familiar with the subject' (read about it probably all posts), slowly, everything became easier. Currently I have already established bond angles and spacing, choice of shoes (modified Raichle 123) and boards - Niedecker SL60 fact quite difficult to buy a used one type Swoard hope of a new and yet I can not afford (but I chose size Swoard and I hope to buy the next season).

This video BEN (Evgen)-a is great - BEN (Evgen) is simply a talent!. I want to ask them to do similar but in a close-up camera - you can really learn a lot from it!

mirekd

mirekd
Rank 5
Rank 5

Request to BEN(evGen)

Post by mirekd » Thursday 10 March 2011, 14:13

Hi BEN(Evgen) !

You have done a great job recording the movie 'Training on Volchiha' - I see that you have the talent and "feel the dance '. :clap:

We ask you (if possible) to repeat the movie but an approximation of your body while driving. This will be for many of us are very helpful in training EC. :pray2:

Sincerely yours

mirekd

evGen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by evGen » Saturday 12 March 2011, 19:33

Hi mirekd!
Video is finished already shooting, a few patience, soon will see.
evGen=ben velvet.pro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jVztPStsEA

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Welcome :)

Post by nils » Monday 14 March 2011, 13:35

Its nice to see people still get attracted to alpine and carving through the videos :)
Welcome here!
Nils

redhead
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Welcome :)

Post by redhead » Monday 14 March 2011, 14:41

nils wrote:Its nice to see people still get attracted to alpine and carving through the videos :)
It's not only videos. People when see such a strange boards, just come to you and ask.
Since i'm the only hardbooter in my city, there's no week when someone didn't ask me what kinda board i'm riding on.
Slowly we're getting stronger :D
SG Full Race Titan 163 (2013), SG Full Race Pro Team 175 (2014), UPZ RC10, TD3 SW

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by harald » Tuesday 15 March 2011, 9:16

Yes, running with hardboots is an easy way to be recognized and famous. When I am at mountain resorts in Norway, people come and great me and say they recognize me from Oslo. That neven happens when I am skiing. In that case, I am only one among thousand skiiers.
harald

Xgo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hi from another Newbie

Post by Xgo » Saturday 16 April 2011, 12:59

Hello to mirekd and all seasoned members too. . Ive been watching you tube vids and reading this site. . I cant stop watching stoked. .just love that word. .it says it all. . . New to snow sport jan 10. . . Just started doing black runs in scotland last 4 weeks of season and beginner freestyle in coping with accidentally hitting air. . . 2011/12 I want to learn to extr carve . . . .my board is mid flex and was £100 new I have got on great with it . . Now I want to buy a Swoard dual . .cant wait:-)
New to snow sports . .now addicted:-) 172/56/raven 155/15 -15 one day 50 45 ish :-)

mirekd
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mirekd » Saturday 16 April 2011, 15:47

Hi Xgo !
I see that, like me, you're sick of the Extreme Carving. :D
I think the whole Team Swoard and all the members of this community will be pleased with your "EC-disease" - we just have a new sympathizer!
I wish you all the best in the way of learning about EC - science is not easy (as I discovered myself), but your perseverance and persistence can be fully compensated!
Read, analyze, watch movies, exercise technique, carefully listen to experienced riders!
Connect with other EC riders from your country!

You'll certainly ridden as Jacques and Patrice! :bravo:

I cordially greet :wink:

Xgo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Xgo » Sunday 17 April 2011, 20:07

Hi mirekd thanks for welcome I certainly have persistance and perseverance to an obsessional level:-) I do drill after drill after drill. . And now Im to learn the extr carving. . My only worry with regard to the ec meets that are arranged each year is that Ive only just started doing black runs and maybe Im not yet good enough to in to a ec carve meet. . But I am reading watching and being analytical and need to save up for Swoard board. . .thanks for your advice:-)
New to snow sports . .now addicted:-) 172/56/raven 155/15 -15 one day 50 45 ish :-)