Setup details

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Bert
Rank 0
Rank 0

Setup details

Post by Bert » Thursday 1 August 2002, 4:13

Hi Guys,
Great Site.
I would like to know what level of carving is possible with good strap bindings and good stiff soft boots?
If no boot overhang exists what effect does squarer stance angles have on your ability to carve and how does it effect body positioning. (eg 27deg front foot and 12deg rear foot).
Also what foward lean angles are recommended for carving?
It also appears from the photo of your boards on the equipment page that the board on the left has the stance positioned a little rear of the centre of the board. Is this just an illusion or is this true?
After seeing your video I would be interested in trying a hard boot setup such as yours. Finding equipment in this part of the world definately be a problem.
Your carving footage is very impressive.
Thanks Bert. :lol: :lol:

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Thursday 1 August 2002, 9:44

Hi Bert,

Thank you for the compliments.

As we said on the web site, carving with freestyle suff is possible but not efficient. Stiff soft boots are hard toward current soft boots, but loose and inaccurate toward real hard boots. The same thing is true with the boards.

Concerning the angulation, the freestyle stance you describe works fine in frontside turns, but extreme carving in backside is really difficult.
Also what foward lean angles are recommended for carving?
What do you mean?
It also appears from the photo of your boards on the equipment page that the board on the left has the stance positioned a little rear of the centre of the board. Is this just an illusion or is this true?
It is an illusion. Both stances are centered, but the characteristic nose shape makes it confusing...
After seeing your video I would be interested in trying a hard boot setup such as yours. Finding equipment in this part of the world definately be a problem.
It seems to be a problem all around the world. :(
You can find hard boots equipment at http://www.blue-tomato.com or http://www.bomberonline.com

As in our opinion, there is no alpine board adapted to extreme carving on the market, we are going to produce and sell our boards. :D

Have a nice, cold and snow-covered summer, you lucky Australian! :D :D

Jacques

binaural
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by binaural » Friday 9 August 2002, 12:52

Hi!

So you´re actually going to sell your boards? Where can I find more details?

Thanks!
Jasper