Piau-Engaly, Pyrenees

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

zbird
Rank 2
Rank 2

Piau-Engaly, Pyrenees

Post by zbird » Monday 14 February 2011, 20:21

A friend and I went to Piau for the first time on Wed and Fri the 4th of February. Wednesday was great because of fresh snow on Monday, about 25 cm. I think it is a good place for intermediate to advanced carvers. The steepest groomed run is Perdreaux at about 42 degress at the top for a 100 meters. Then you turn left and then right onto "Rhodos" for the finish. For intermediate run fun, Combe Engaly is nice!
Attachments
PerdreauxAngle.jpg
PerdreauxAngle.jpg (186.86 KiB) Viewed 2547 times
Perdreaux Top.jpg
The top of the run.
Perdreaux Top.jpg (157.06 KiB) Viewed 2547 times

Looping
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Looping » Friday 18 February 2011, 13:56

Hi my friend. Piau is one of my favorit resort in the Pyrenees : it's quite high (most of the slopes are between 1800 and 2600) , quite steep and the snow is one of the best in the Pyrenees with Cauterets (which is a great resort for powder sessions but not for carving). I think the picture you've taken is the slope "coume longue" because Perdreaux is a black one just under the bigger lift which i have never seen groomed :wink: .
Other reds are also quite good to carve (Lucifer(not very wide), Rhodos as you said and Crêtes). Some others slopes, even if they are blue ones, have good portions to carve (Tours, Sarrous, 3 ruisseaux and Combe Engaly along the the lift Engaly).

Best regards, Thomas.
EC168S/Redline/UPZ RC10 ACSS

Salomon Man's board 156/Salomon Quantum/Nitro Team TLS