what is the minimal age for extremecarving?

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Sunday 6 February 2011, 14:02

Thanks Jacques. This means that i have to wait for 3-5 years before purchase a swoard for my daughter :-(

I`m ok to pay for kid snowboard same price as for mine, but it should have same properties like mine :-)

Not sure somebody not involved in extremecarving will be able to construct snowboard that allows to do EC-turns easily.

But if you will have such marketing actions, please let me know :-) I expect that she will be able to do linked fully laid turns 1-2 years later.
i`m learning

yomama
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by yomama » Monday 7 February 2011, 7:45

starikashka,

Great job teaching your daughter about the rotation.
She is doing great!!

My daughter is 6 and still ski but any coaching tips to teach a complete newbie kid to the level your daughter is at?

Can you please break down the steps you took to teach your daughter?

Thanks beforehand

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Monday 7 February 2011, 9:39

yomama wrote:starikashka,

Great job teaching your daughter about the rotation.
She is doing great!!

My daughter is 6 and still ski but any coaching tips to teach a complete newbie kid to the level your daughter is at?

Can you please break down the steps you took to teach your daughter?

Thanks beforehand

There are no many steps yet passed.

First i teach my wife to ride softboot snowboard using rotation technique. Then i`ve bought snowboard for my daughter when she was 5.5 years.

My wife did all dirty job to get my daughter on board.

When Anna(my daughter) was 7 she ask me to buy carving board and hardboots for her. I consider this as right wish and immediately implemented this.

We start from first excersise. I`ve explained to my daughter how to ride her new board, ride behind her and shout in walkie-talkie every 5 second...She did many mistakes.

This video made without shouting in radio. Next excersise we try to do is a push-pull. I will keep the community posted.

If you want your kid to do ride hardboots then you need to create a need for this. Spend a time with people riding hardboots, explain the nobility of alpine snowboarding, so tell this propaganda bullshit :-) Do not push :-)

Then after kid will have a desire to be a hardbooter you need to forget about having all this fun of trench diggin and focus on the kid training.

First time when my daughter get on carving board was horrible. She was not able to do any turn and falling.
This was a f**king surprise for her - almost every person who seen her on slope riding softboots considered it his sacred duty to tell a complement how cool she are :-)

I just explain her a story about how ugly duckling became a swan, how it was difficult for me and all this usual motivation bla-bla..That was most difficult. You always need to do all this dancing with tamburines to avoid her loosing motivation and keep a balance between praise and criticism.

Can`t imagine how much i would need a pay for an instructor for such a job.

We are still switching between softboots and hardboots.
i`m learning

Transistor Rhythm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Transistor Rhythm » Monday 7 February 2011, 20:04

Why don't you get a custom board for her? Maybe not as good as a Swoard for EC, but a lot better than most kids production boards.
Fridgecarver

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Monday 7 February 2011, 20:17

Transistor Rhythm wrote:Why don't you get a custom board for her? Maybe not as good as a Swoard for EC, but a lot better than most kids production boards.
For this stage of training there is no need for special custom board. Maybe we will not need it at all.
i`m learning

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Monday 21 February 2011, 22:00

Dont know much EC but on powder you dont need too much age