ECS 2011: some questions

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

au
Rank 4
Rank 4

ECS 2011: some questions

Post by au » Wednesday 26 January 2011, 16:31

We've just arrived to Zinal. So, beautiful place, nice panorama but the main pistes (Barto and LeCol) are not functioning due to extremely low snow conditions. There are a lot of stones and bumps :( Only one piste(LaRouge?) are good for EC but it's covered with very stiff artificial snow.

Today we've been to Grimentz. It's sooo much better! A lot of good slopes, nice sunny weather and amazing mountain panorama.

Is there a chance to move ECS to this region? It's very close to Zinal and connected by bus line. Next days we'll be riding there for sure.

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: ECS 2011: some questions

Post by fivat » Wednesday 26 January 2011, 17:31

In 2006 the lack of snow was much serious and we moved to Grimentz. But the only steep parts in Grimentz are the small slope beside the slow chairlift "Les Crêts" and the slope going back to the village: both are made of artificial snow.
The rest of the resort is not steep enough for extremecarving. 8O Even the piste "Durand" in Zinal (the one completely on the left) is steeper than all slopes in Grimentz.
Anyway the ECS meeting is much bigger than in 2006 and we have a big stand, two tents, tables, etc. It would not be possible to move to Grimentz.

I have been in Zinal last Saturday and I really loved the pistes "Durand" and "La Rouge" (the one below the chairlift "La Corne"). The snow was amazing with perfect grip. :D My friends in other resorts (like Crans-Montana, Les Portes du Soleil, etc.) are crying because they have ice and stones only.

I would like to read feedbacks from other participants who are already there in Zinal: Pokkis, Whitey, Anthony, Julien, etc.

Patrice Fivat

PS: see the very last news here.

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Wednesday 26 January 2011, 18:44

Slopes referred by Patrice are in perfect condition.
Only drawback is problem to get back to restaurant from Durant due transfer to chair lift has several small stones.
I'm happy to stay and have session in Zinal

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Wednesday 26 January 2011, 18:54

Hello Pokkis,

Thank you for the feedback!
pokkis wrote:Only drawback is problem to get back to restaurant from Durant due transfer to chair lift has several small stones.
Right! To avoid this part, the solution is to return to the "Durand" lift start. From there, join the way which leads to "Chiesso".
pokkis wrote:I'm happy to stay and have session in Zinal
We are happy to have this session again with you! :D

Patrice Fivat

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by skywalker » Wednesday 26 January 2011, 19:54

fivat wrote:We are happy to have this session again with you! :D

Patrice Fivat
I'm happy, too :lol:

skywalker
free extreme carving

sorro
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by sorro » Wednesday 26 January 2011, 22:53

Hi Guys,

Considering snow condition everywhere in the alps, I'm really pleased to be in Zinal, and slopes red and durand are just great: we ride there up to 3pm. Sure Barthemy and Le col are not in good shape, but honestly difficult to expect better with the current snow condition. And from what I remember from 2006 session in Grimentz, I still personnaly prefer Zinal.

I will be on these slopes tomorrow again, and I'm sorry that you guys (including Rey and Ben) will be in Grimentz... I would be pleased to ride with you.

Anthony.

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Thursday 27 January 2011, 14:45

Andrey is a first time there so he possibly had certain expectations about the place :-)

Andrey :-) have fun :-) ECS is not only riding two slopes :-)
i`m learning

Whitey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Whitey » Friday 28 January 2011, 14:39

Hi All,

oh yes, I have been here in Z for two weeks now. I have had not a boring day yet whatsoever, nothing but sun everyday. Sweet! :clap2:

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Friday 28 January 2011, 18:08

Whitey wrote:Hi All,

oh yes, I have been here in Z for two weeks now. I have had not a boring day yet whatsoever, nothing but sun everyday. Sweet! :clap2:
Whitey :-) Hi

I were in Helsinki 1st of January. Why there were so maaaany empty shampagne and other sparkling vine bottles everywhere?
i`m learning

Whitey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Whitey » Saturday 29 January 2011, 6:59

Howdy Starikasha,

Oh yes, New Year's Eve. Then we dance and waste all of our money to fireworks and sparkling wine :wink:

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Saturday 29 January 2011, 20:11

Whitey wrote:Howdy Starikasha,

Oh yes, New Year's Eve. Then we dance and waste all of our money to fireworks and sparkling wine :wink:
:-))))) I travelled in NY night by car
i`m learning

pgroot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Stones? Bumps?

Post by pgroot » Sunday 13 February 2011, 16:16

Bartholomy was perfect!