Summer... when snow is gone, What do you ride?

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

pete
Rank 5
Rank 5

Summer... when snow is gone, What do you ride?

Post by pete » Saturday 10 April 2004, 19:42

Hello fellow carvers!

Even if there's still plenty of snow in the alps, i'm already wondering about summer...

Actually I dont want to know about all your activities, but only the ones close to boarding...

So do you surf, longskate or ride other carving machines??

Dont tell me you go up on glacier :evil: , maybe i'll too.. but it's not as easy as in winter, and way more expensive!

As for myself i'm considering building my first loingskate to get started. I've tried only few times but i think i'll like it. I should be starting the building soon (it's a lot easier than building a snowboard lol!!) so i can be ready for the nice days... So if you longskate too (or any other boards e.g. freebord, carveboard, flexboard etc...) please tell me about it :D

good vibes,

pete. :evil:
Skwalzone.org: French/English Speaking Skwal Community.

Skwaleur, Stations proches Chambéry.

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

hehe :)

Post by nils » Saturday 10 April 2004, 21:40

Surfing a bit ( am a dawn patrol addict :), long sk8 a bit too ( got an allround chronic crew deck), might try myself at kiteboarding since I manage windsurf shouldn't be so hard ( i hope), slalom waterski and wakeboard if I find the board ;)...

then its time for winter again :)
Nils

gdboytyler
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by gdboytyler » Monday 12 April 2004, 18:39

Now that my snowboard season is done, I surf on the weekends and skateboard 2-3 times during the week. I mostly skate half-pipes and bowls.

Checkout my skateboard video clip:

http://members.cox.net/gdboytyler/combi-bowl8-12-03.mov

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Monday 12 April 2004, 21:00

Healing my left knee after crashing with my SWOARD at a flat slope in Austria. Just enjoying the hot summers in the shade, a little bit of lazy sailing in the sun, windsurfing the low winds with a sail of 12 m2, drinking some cold beers. Saving some money to buy new stuff for the next Winter to come. Doing some snowboarding in www.snowworld.nl at Zoetermeer.

Question for the SWOARDSTAFF: When will the ECS '05 be?

Greets, Hans.

SITO
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SITO » Monday 12 April 2004, 22:04

The next friday will be my end of season. :(

How Hans do, :arrow: I'll be sailing whith my sail ,12m in the lake, :wink: and the week-ends, I''ll go to Tarifa :clap2: to do wind and kitesurfing :bravo: :bravo: . ("Levante"is waiting us :twisted: :twisted: )

Greets, Sito
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride hard;100%fun

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Monday 12 April 2004, 22:29

SITO wrote:The next friday will be my end of season. :(

How Hans do, :arrow: I'll be sailing whith my sail ,12m in the lake, :wink: and the week-ends, I''ll go to Tarifa :clap2: to do wind and kitesurfing :bravo: :bravo: . ("Levante"is waiting us :twisted: :twisted: )
Hi, Sito
Yes, Tarifa is nice to do some real sea(wind)surfing. I was twice on a holiday there (some 17 years ago, time fly), the place wasn't as commercial as it is nowadays. I had a short custommade slalomwindsurfboard (Brunotti, made at Scheveningen) and some Neil Pryde wavesails with me. I sail my board at the Northsea at Kijkduin and sometimes at some lakes in the holidays. I was at the Lac de Serre Poncon (France) near Gap last summer. That's a really nice kiteboardingplace too :D :D (app. one mile near the bridge).

Have fun, greets, Hans.

SITO
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SITO » Tuesday 13 April 2004, 0:17

Hey Hans.

Yes, Tarifa actually is a comercial place :wall: . A few years ago was windsurf, when the businees was empty, kitesurfing business born. In August it's easy to see more than 200kites 8O 8O in the beach between people comfirmed and principiants, can you imagine this?? :idea: :arrow: All in 1km beach!! :doh: :doh:

But...... Tarifa has an special magic!! :bravo:

Here where I live , have the lake ,only at ten minute!! :clap2: :clap:

when the wind blow, I stay there!! :badgrin: :badgrin:

Good winds, Greets Sito
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ride hard;100%Fun

[/quote]

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Summer activity

Post by harald » Tuesday 13 April 2004, 9:17

Windsurfing for me, training to learn some of the easier freestyle moves. And bicycling to get in shape for the winter.
harald

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

summer

Post by nils » Tuesday 13 April 2004, 9:58

Hey gdboy :) would love to try once a pool ride like this! Nice!

As for windsurf spots... its true that kiteboarding is a much more "show off" sport than windsurf used to be... I am a regular windsurfer in West brittany ( morgat area for those who know it) and since kites arrived... the vibe changed! People have more attitude with a kite than with a windsurf board... no idea why!

I see still lots of locals of the MAF ( Morgat Air Force ) there like patrice belbeoch ripping on a slalom or wave windsurf, and it made me want to stick on windsurfing... !!

N.

tigger
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tigger » Tuesday 13 April 2004, 12:19

hello everybody,
i prefere to surf in summer, but as it is a bit more difficult than snowboarding my surfing has much more room to improove.
but it inspieres my riding in the mountains a lot, as i trie to ride a more fluent line and realize that there are many possibilities in the mountains to do cutbacks or make some spray, this makes even some boring slopes a joy to ride.
as the next wave is at least 500 km away, i spend some time on the longboard,
i came along the www.carveboard.com site , this looks like the perfect summer toy :D
enjoy your summer
philipp

Rietzschel
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rietzschel » Thursday 15 April 2004, 15:15

Harald wrote:

And bicycling to get in shape for the winter.

Same here! Love being in the mountains, so I will ride TransAlp Challenge 2004. The power gained with MTB in summertime is very good for linking 25 EC turns in wintertime :wink:
Very nice: after the climbing part the speeding down :twisted: (also WITH helmet :wink:

Enjoy your summer!

pete
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pete » Friday 16 April 2004, 22:46

tigger:

I know about this website and the carveboard... and it looks awesome!!! But my wallet doesnt want to hear a word about it... way too expensive ;)
Skwalzone.org: French/English Speaking Skwal Community.

Skwaleur, Stations proches Chambéry.