ACSS - Advanced Carving Spring System for Deeluxe

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Monday 17 January 2011, 16:37

Hi,

Sure, the system works without the mod. My friends have tested this and it seems that the mod is not really needed. From my point of view the MOD does help a lot, but You get much more comfortable just after You mount ACSS... You can always cut the plastics later if there will be a need....
www.carvingskills.com
580km in 3 hours and 5 minutes completely legal!!! I love german highways!!!

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Wednesday 19 January 2011, 21:17

Kallo wrote:Abrax, how do you think the system works without cutting the boot?
I have raichle 325 + BTS and would be intrested in trying this out, but do not want to cut the boots and stuff like that ...
my use is classical tecnique riding, not extreme carving
No needd for cutting then. I just mounted a pair on my soft white track 700's. Perfectly freeride/freecarve setup! For a more stiffer setup I use my red track 700's with a Booster Strap and BTS.

christian61
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by christian61 » Thursday 20 January 2011, 16:52

Hello Abrax,

I weigh only 59 kg. Could you make a set of ACSS with softer springs?

Christian
SWOARD EXTREMECARVER GEN4 168s + 161m, Deeluxe 225 + ACSS

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Thursday 20 January 2011, 20:54

Seems possible, but I need to check if there will be any softer springs of this kind in the spring shop. I'll keep You posted.
www.carvingskills.com

Ennis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Deelux boot modification

Post by Ennis » Friday 21 January 2011, 9:23

Abrax,
The system looks very good.I have the BTS at the moment, but does not seems to work for me. The boot is not upright enough, and digs into my calf.The lower spring is med.(BLUE) and the upper(RED).My weight is 92kg.Ihave a pair of Raichle 324 boots, should I do your convertion, or just buy new boots.Please give me some advise.Do you ship to Cape Town?

Cheers

Ennis

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Friday 21 January 2011, 11:44

I can ship anywhere, and the price stays the same. There are some minor differences in shipping cost, not more than a 10 cents already ;-)

There are 2 guys at the moment riding raichle 325 and they both ride the boot without the MOD. Anyway in my opinion the MOD helps.

I think that if the boot is in good condition, liners are good and You don't feel that it is too soft ( i mean the shell) so there is a big chance that the ACSS will bring second life to it.

You have the BTS with quite hard spring setup, so I don't know how would You feel if the springs would be very soft (compared to these which You own at the moment). There is a possibility that You will have to change Your riding style habits a bit... But it is definately worth a try.

My springs are a bit softer than the BTS yellow ones and they are 100% adequate to my weight (about 90kg).

There are guys here in Poland, who prefer to buy cheap shells, add Palau liners, add ACSS and they say that they have best setup ever made... And they usually buy a shell that is one size smaller than their original shell. I mean if You have 43 size feet and the original shell is 309mm, they search for a shelll which is 299mm and with a fully moldable liner they fit in this.

Check the prices: http://allegro.pl/listing.php/search?st ... gory=13629
1EUR = 4PLN, so You divide the price by 4 and You have the price in euro.

The Palau costs 99euro as I think, so it is possible to have "best setup" for about 200euro...

It's Your choice... If You are comfortable with Your present liner, I would rather advice to stay with the shoes You own and modify them a bit. It is always cheaper...

greets,
Rafal
www.carvingskills.com

Ennis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Raichle boot modification

Post by Ennis » Friday 21 January 2011, 12:14

Thans for your reply.Boots are in good condition,only been used for 10 days.Would like to buy some ACSS from you.How do you do this,Pay Pal?Would like to change liners, will check out the liners you mentioned.Please advise on payment details

Cheers

Ennis :lol:

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Friday 21 January 2011, 17:28

Ennis: Private Message sent...
www.carvingskills.com

luomu
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by luomu » Saturday 12 February 2011, 14:34

Hi! I've just fitted my boots With the ACSS and after 1st day on the slopes I can absolutely recommend them! I've had the BTS on Deeluxe indy for a few years and changed from blue to yellow springs for the ECS. Wasn't expecting the experience to differ a lot compared to the BTS.. But it does! As described before in this thread, the flex is much more natural and the spring also allows for easy extension! Absolutely fabulous for EC.
I'm not sure if it's the ease in the flex down or the fact that the spring system is not preventing extension on the way up but i felt it was instantly easier to get the backside turn made in more correct way, including the rotation. I'm thrilled since it's basically just two small rods with springs..

Edit:
A short shoot from the first day with the ACSS setup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl8FBB9s66c

azaz44
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by azaz44 » Monday 21 February 2011, 15:04

Does it work with Deeluxe Track 325 too?

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Monday 21 February 2011, 15:09

YES! :-) It is compatible with all deeluxe/raichle shells.

luomu: I'm very happy that You like it! And it is a really nice carving video! :-)
www.carvingskills.com

SITO
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SITO » Friday 25 February 2011, 16:57

These are my views on the ACCS tested a few days ago in Sierra Nevada, with very hard snow early in the morning and spring snow at the afternoon.

Mounting the sistem

Costs just pass the pin which joins the bottom of the boots with the lower part of the spring system because the hole in the system has almost the same pin diameter .
Plus the pin is steel and the system is aluminum but not anodized , so the aluminum grab a bit but with a little skill, and a dremel to make the hole a tiny big the assembly is done without further problem.

How the system works:

As for the mechanics that is what matters, and comparing with the previous system mounted on my boots , BTS, I describe my impressions:

My boots are AF 600.
With the BTS I have not just movements from the springs. It's as if the sistem is blocked ,and with the yellow spring mounted.
I have no problems getting the forward movement. But I really get this movement by the shell deformation.

What happen is that I get forward lean because of the deformation of the shell, but the sheel is also distorted at the ankles point (as if the shell expand or get wide at this point) and I end my carving sessions with ankle pain and a feel poor control on frontside turns, because I don't have good support at the point.

Well as I was not satisfied with the performance of the boot, I have mounted the ACSS and made the modification of the boot suggested by Abrax, total is only cut some plastic, and with this set-up the performance of the boots have changed dramatically, the boot moves forward and backward without deformation of the shell.
The shell get its shape at the point of the ankles and I don't feel pain at the ankles when riding and more control of the board on frontside turn.

The boots are now controlled by the sistem springs.
I get forward and bachward movement whiout deformation of the shell and you can choose the travel desire on the forward and backward movement by nuts.

Congrats!

I like it! highly recomended!
Ride hard;100% fun

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Friday 25 February 2011, 17:10

Quick not, dont take as critisism against test(er) or this spring system,
BUT reference here was BTs with soft springs referred new system WITH boot modification.
I see lot of potential with this spring system, specially boots with asym structure, cause on those BTS is not working as well as on symmetrical boots, and all this for EC.

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Friday 25 February 2011, 17:56

I have many reviews here in Poland, where people decided to mount the ACSS and after some time they've finally add the MOD. The difference is that after a MOD is done, the flex seems more natural and easy. Putting ACSS just in the stock shell works really good anyway.

I recommend the MOD, because I find it useful but I can understand that people usually don't like to change that much in their shells.

This year is the first one with ACSS for Deeluxe available. The next year will bring some changes in "the look". I'm considering to add the more expensive option in which all the parts will be galvanized. Springs would be white and the 3 alu parts would be orange. This will be just some esthetic add to the existing system.
Anyway now all the parts are waterproof, but the aluminum is not anodized.
(Except a few very first ACSS sets in which the springs are not galvanized. These few customers are asked to send me the springs back after the season and I will change the springs to the galvanized ones for free. It is not a must, but I leave this option available)
www.carvingskills.com

luomu
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by luomu » Friday 25 February 2011, 18:20

I did not modify the boot (cut away plastic) but yet the functional difference between BTS (with blue bottom + yellow upper spring) and ACSS was really big - in favour of the ACSS. Thumbs up!