UPZ RC-10 or Deeluxe T700

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

jota
Rank 1
Rank 1

UPZ RC-10 or Deeluxe T700

Post by jota » Thursday 23 December 2010, 10:22

What boots are better for carving?. RC-10 or deeluxe T700, (other boots can be ok also), i have now Burton Fire, but is time for change it.

It is neccesary to put the BTS system on them?...

I have a swoard 168, my weight is 74 kg. What boots are better?, any opinion?.

Also where i can find them in switzerland?, it would be great near zurich, anyone knows?.

Opinions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

SMO
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SMO » Thursday 23 December 2010, 10:31

Hi Jota,

You can find some different brands in that shop near Olten. http://www.action-outlet.ch/de/hardboot ... --118.html

I bought a pair of Head Stratos Pro. I had a better feeling for my feet with them.

I did not do the modification yet on my shoes but it seems to be important to modify them for a real extreme carving.

Enjoy

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Thursday 23 December 2010, 11:08

I think you should try them on and then decide.

The most important thing is the perfect fit and these boots have slightly different shapes, so one might fit you better than the other. If you ask people, some will say UPZ is superior, some will go for Deeluxe and some will prefer Head.

UPZs typically have a wider space for the foot and a shorter sole. I prefer the T700 with BTS as it fits me perfectly. I do not know too much about the Heads, back when they were called Blax I had one and I did not really like it, it felt too short and soft but maybe things have changed since then.

Installing a spring system is a good idea, it will enhance the boots' performance.

jota
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jota » Monday 27 December 2010, 16:44

Thanks for the answer,

I´ll try them and after decide. About the shop near Olten it will be good also.

BTS system can fit in UPZ also?.

Any other shop in the area, near Luzern?

Thanks!

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

ACSS on UPZ

Post by Arnaud » Monday 27 December 2010, 19:27

my ACSS fits well on UPZ boots (RC10/8 / ATB) but need a part at the bottom to fix it.
Attachments
RC10-tuning-ACSS-04.JPG
ACSS on RC10
RC10-tuning-ACSS-04.JPG (56.43 KiB) Viewed 11085 times
Swoard EC Pro2 168H - Swoard EC12 Boots - Gen5 168H - Stoke 162 M

Tomba
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tomba » Monday 3 January 2011, 16:22

@arnauld
Did you modify plastic to gain more flex?
Did you modify joint too (I see different screw on the joint)?
Did you make som other mods to the boot?

jota
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jota » Monday 10 January 2011, 22:57

Finally i went to the shop near olten (thanks SMO), and i have bought the head stratos. They fit to me better than the upz and the deeluxe.

Can the acss system fits on this boots? It is neccesary a spring dsystem for this boots or if i put the back boot in walk mode is enough.

If neccesary how can i put this acss system on the boots and what is the price of the system?

Thanks guys!

manuchill
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by manuchill » Monday 10 January 2011, 23:37

jota wrote:Finally i went to the shop near olten (thanks SMO), and i have bought the head stratos. They fit to me better than the upz and the deeluxe.

Can the acss system fits on this boots? It is neccesary a spring dsystem for this boots or if i put the back boot in walk mode is enough.

If neccesary how can i put this acss system on the boots and what is the price of the system?

Thanks guys!
ACSS is built for Head's, as far as I know.
Is it necessary? That's something you have to find out for yourself. The more advanced riders in this forum should have an opinion about this issue. I can only tell you what worked for me: for 2 years now I ride with Head's aswel and the first year I indeed put both boots in walking mode. Since last year I ride with ACSS mounted to my boots and I'm very happy with it. I can feel the difference between the last two years.
Now I have more flex, forward and backward, so I can sit deeper and work on the correct positioning of my body .

If you want a more detailed explanation, you should contact Arnaud: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=238

He knows the prices and mounted the system for me on my boots.
SWOARD EC Pro 175H + F2 Race Titanium + Head Stratos Pro with ACSS attached personally by Arnaud ;)

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Arnaud » Tuesday 11 January 2011, 8:26

Yes, initially the ACSS was designed for Head boots. But adding a part at the bottom it's possible to mount it on UPZ boots (as you can see on the picture).
I'm looking for a solution to produce this part ... maybe I will buy a milling machine for this :)
Swoard EC Pro2 168H - Swoard EC12 Boots - Gen5 168H - Stoke 162 M

Transistor Rhythm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Transistor Rhythm » Tuesday 11 January 2011, 8:54

I have been riding Deeluxe Indy's a while, and I really like the way they behave after removing some plastic at the back of the lower part of the boot, but the fit is horrible for my feet. Way too narrow at the toe part. So I will purchase a pair Head Stratos in the near future, I had an older pair of Blax boots that fit like a glove.
Fridgecarver