Choc boards

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Choc boards

Post by István » Friday 26 March 2004, 23:11

Anyone heard of the Czech made Choc boards? Any experiences?

Kindest,

István

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Choc!

Post by nils » Friday 26 March 2004, 23:30

Istvan,

Nope never seen them, been on their website thu...they look like race style alpine boards...No clue how good they are!

Nils

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Friday 26 March 2004, 23:37

Last year I've met a German guy in Livigno, we caught site of each other since we were the only two carvers.

He had a Choc Race (a black one), he said it was fine. Seeing him carving I can believe that, he was rather good (nice frontsides, a bit sitting backsides, but two palms on the snow, nice and smooth linked turnes)

So at least the boad is usable for EC.

Kindest,

István

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Friday 26 March 2004, 23:39

No experiences though, but I know that this store are selling them for years. And these are very kind and helpful people. So may be you can phone or email them if you want something to know.
http://www.water-colors.de/shop1/uebersicht.php4?CID=69
http://www.water-colors.net/index.php?a ... D=4&RID=14

Bought my first stepinplatebindings, Proflex/F2 Titanflex, for a nice price from them.

Greets, Hans.

Jura
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jura » Tuesday 30 March 2004, 21:22

I had Choc Race B 175, a blue one(year 1999) and I rode it for 3 seasons. I had no problem with quality and I think that the board is pretty durable - though I bought it really cheap directly at factory (15km far from my home :lol: ) like a faulty one...

At this time I had no idea about EC, so I dont know if it is suitable - this type is narrow - 18 cm and the flex is pretty hard, at least for my 70 kilos...
But if you ride it fast and hard you get great egde grip and board is really stable :twisted:

I hope I have helped you little bit.

Jura

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Wednesday 31 March 2004, 19:04

Thx Jura!

Cheers,

István

#hash
Rank 1
Rank 1

Choc

Post by #hash » Sunday 18 July 2004, 1:48

I have one.

http://www.hash.cz/prkno_1.jpg

It is my third board and I haven't problems.

(I'm from Czech Republic and personally know the guy who make it :)
Touch the snow.

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Choc Boards

Post by István » Monday 19 July 2004, 9:31

I've already invested into an other brand, but still curious about Choc. Do you know if there are test days somewhere for Choc?

Kindest,

István

#hash
Rank 1
Rank 1

Choc

Post by #hash » Thursday 22 July 2004, 19:07

They don't like czech market at all so they sell it to Austria by another brand name.

I asked them for test days last summer and they told me, that for czech republic is not planed anythink.

I don't know how is it in your country...
Touch the snow.

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Products from Czech

Post by István » Monday 26 July 2004, 12:24

Maybe I do not get it well: Choc does not like the Czech market so they sell abroad, or Austria does not like Czech sport goods, so Choc must sell under a different name.

Well, we all remember the old days behind the iron curtain. Every country had some special product group in which the country was specialized - and lets face it, most of the products were of very poor quality.

Everyone from the former communist block remembers Hungarian salami, Czechoslovakian sport goods (hiking, skiing, etc.), Russian small machines (all of them packed in an ugly type of paper covered with grease...) Yugoslavian sportwear, Polish clothing and shoes, DDR fishing rod and Rambo type of knives. Leave alone cars.... (Lada, Wartburg, Polonez, Skoda, Zaporosec, Trabant, etc.)

What I want to point out is that most of those products were ridiculous, but Czechoslovakian sportware was OK - so I do not see a reason for being shy about Czech spoting products.

Kindest,

István