Northwave Boots

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

utahcarver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Northwave Boots

Post by utahcarver » Wednesday 12 June 2002, 18:18

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I've completed my second season riding alpine setups. I've been fortunate to locate a pair of Northwave hardboots and they are on their way from Europe now. I hope to be able to use them this coming year.

Will I need to make any modifications to the boots in order to utilize them for E-carving? I'm going to take them to a local bootfitter to have them punch out the liners to fit my feet. So, I can take care of all the adjustments at one time. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Utahcarver

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

arggghhhh

Post by nils » Wednesday 12 June 2002, 21:56

where the hell did u find them??????????

heeeelp !!

tell us :)

please !!!

;)nils

utahcarver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by utahcarver » Wednesday 12 June 2002, 23:40

Hi Nils,

Two weeks ago, I contacted Milosport in Park City, Utah. They carry Northwave boots and I asked if they would call Northwave and see if they happened to have any hardshell boots in the warehouse.

The Milo guy called back and said that they (Northwave) had a size 9.5US. I said I'd take them. It should take about a month to take delivery of them.

Utahcarver

utahcarver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by utahcarver » Thursday 13 June 2002, 2:01

I forgot to say in my last post that you can contact Milosport at milosport.com; and northwave.com was up the last time I checked.

Perhaps, by some of the 98 listed subscribers to this forum contacting milo, or more importantly Northwave, the word can get out that this boot and other boots are needed in E-carving and carving. Hopefully, demand will begin to drive NW and others to produce equipment.

Utahcarver

Now, if I can just get my hands on an E-carving board. Guys?

[/img]

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Thursday 13 June 2002, 9:46

Hi lucky guy,

You should try them before to take them to your bootfitter, because they are very comfortable.

The most important modification to do is on the rear spring device.

The front flex spring is too hard: as you can see on the photo ("Equipment" page on the site), we used 3 springs (yellow: hard, blue: middle, grey: soft).

The back flex is too soft, so we just cut the oiriginal yellow spring to make it harder and shorter.

But the original settings will already allow you to get great extreme carving sessions. It's just not optimal.

Concerning the extreme carving boards, we have been working on the concept of our small production.
At the WildDuck factory, we analysed and solved nearly all the technical problems. So, we are able to produce exactly the same boards as the prototype we have! :D :D :D :D :D

It is very probable that anybody can get these boards next season.

We will keep you informed.

Jacques

2l
Rank 3
Rank 3

very good news

Post by 2l » Thursday 13 June 2002, 22:09

So, we are able to produce exactly the same boards as the prototype we have!
that's a very good news :lol:

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

indeed

Post by nils » Friday 14 June 2002, 1:39

i guess it needs a topic by itself jacques ;)

:)

(yeppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

utahcarver
Rank 1
Rank 1

False Alarm

Post by utahcarver » Tuesday 2 July 2002, 4:22

My sincerest apologies to all as to my first post. I received a call today from Milosport and apparently there are no more Northwave hardboots available at all. It was all a false alarm (sigh!). All that hope for nothing as of yet.

Can I suggest another option that might be available to E-carvers and carvers everywhere? I believe that there might be a niche in the future for 'hybrid' boots. Such as the Rossignol 'Soft'. Yes, this boot is a ski boot but, in the future, it could be retrofitted, designed, and marketed to on and off-piste hardbooters. At least, the option exists at this point. Or, we as riders could modify the boot aftermarket.

As to the hybrid style of boot being applicable to E-carving, I would suggest that until reliable suppliers of 'E-equipment' (E-board, E-boots, E-bindings, E- gloves, E-Lager, E-Kodachrome, etc....) such speculation is necessary and needed in order to build a product base (I already hate myself for saying that ). What I mean to say is, if the need presents itself, someone will produce the product(s) necessary to meet the needs. Jeez, I shoulda paid attention more in Economics 101.

Again, sorry for the sad false alarm.

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

northwave boots :(

Post by nils » Tuesday 2 July 2002, 10:57

I got a reply from the factory in italy the other week:

"Dear Nils,

we are sorry to inform you that our stock is sold out. We don't have any boots to offer you at the moment.
If you need more information on our products please refer to www.northwave.com.

Thank you and best regards.

Ivana Marin
PIVA S.r.l.
"

thats until they have a huge demand of course, cos they have the molds already !

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Tuesday 2 July 2002, 12:23

Hi,

Of course we will have to adapt the current available material to our needs.
The only problem with soft ski boots is the sole size that is much too long...
But we could already modify current snowboard hardboots.
ie: modifiing the spring system of the Reichle AF700 should be OK.
I think it is even possible to buy the AF700 spring mecanism only and to install it on any other Reichle SB serie boots.

I think this forum is the perfect place for sharing any extreme carving material experiment.

Jacques