Rob Crobar's super smooth style movie

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Brazilian Carver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Brazilian Carver » Wednesday 3 March 2004, 11:05

Malecky wrote:
Jakob wrote:I'm from Slovenija too, we could buy three, and perhaps J&P could give us discount because of the quantity, what do you say? :lol:

I can't wait going back on snow, I have been stuck in my office for far too long. Thank god I', leaving for snowboarding vacation on wednesday! :twisted:
Clap clap clap!!! Another rider form slovenia on this site...wicked :lol:

I still dont know...I tried to buy a 172 f2 Silberpfeil but they are all out of stock so I must w8 till they start making 2005 models....so I'm in a dilema weather to buy a Silberpfeil or a Swoard.

I would buy the swoard fors sure but I dont know if I should spend 800+ € on a learning board :cry: I will have some work to do before I can EC and I noticed my other equipment is not good for EC too! I have a long way to go thats why I planed on a Silbepfeil for the end of this winter and next season then when I have mastered the SB I would buy a Swoard.

So...the question! Go for the swoard even if I will be learning how to ride it correctly a season or two or.....

Buy a f2 Silberpfeil and learn how to EC with it and then buy a Swoard?

I realy dunno what to do :?
Hello Malecky,
I've got to tell you that I have done exactly the same thing that you've planning to do. I have bought a brand new Silberpfeil ( 168 ) a month ago. This is my first "alpine" board I have ( I've started with a freeride ) and I'm very happy with the results... The thing is that I don't think the Silberpfeil will be easier for you to pregress than the SWOARD ( even though I've never tried the SWOARD "Swoard team: is it possible to try it?? ) After reading different point of views on this Forum, I think you would be even more confortable on a Swoard !!! Anyway, I am very happy with my purchase and if 1 day I get the opportunity to ride a Swoard, I'll be able to tell you more...
I wish you can make the right thing !!
All the best
Brazilian Carver
F2 Silberpfeil
Favorite Spot : Les Contamines

tommaso2k
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tommaso2k » Wednesday 3 March 2004, 12:10

Jacques,

is it possible to get is as WMV file because i can´t open MOV files with my pc?

Greets

Tommaso

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Arnaud » Wednesday 3 March 2004, 12:15

Just download free Quicktime player at : http://www.apple.com/quicktime

You will be able to see this nice video.

Arnaud
Swoard EC Pro2 168H - Swoard EC12 Boots - Gen5 168H - Stoke 162 M

tommaso2k
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tommaso2k » Wednesday 3 March 2004, 12:29

Arnaud,

thanks for the tip.
My problem is i have only a company pc without install rights.

Greets

tommaso

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Wednesday 3 March 2004, 13:04

is it possible to get is as WMV file because i can´t open MOV files with my pc?
Rob Crobar sent us the .mov file. We don't have the original not compressed file. So ask him.

Jacques

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ablazespy » Wednesday 3 March 2004, 17:57

Sorry for bad Quality but for now I can only host this AVI of ROBCROBAR's movie! :lol:

http://members.lycos.nl/ablazespy/movie/robcroba.htm

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Answers to malec

Post by skywalker » Wednesday 3 March 2004, 19:31

Hi Malec,
I would buy the swoard fors sure but I dont know if I should spend 800+ € on a learning board I will have some work to do before I can EC and I noticed my other equipment is not good for EC too! I have a long way to go thats why I planed on a Silbepfeil for the end of this winter and next season then when I have mastered the SB I would buy a Swoard.

So...the question! Go for the swoard even if I will be learning how to ride it correctly a season or two or.....

Buy a f2 Silberpfeil and learn how to EC with it and then buy a Swoard?
For sure you are going to learn carving much better on a swoard than on a SP. Main reason in my opinion is: Because of lower binding angles you can approach a much cleaner and purer technic. And because of the wider board you are forced and trained to use a better technic. Nevertheless it will not be more difficult, but the result will be more beautyful.

So if you buy a swoard now, you learn a better style and a better technic during the next one or two seasons. You even have more fun, and after this two years you are already used to the board that can help you becoming an ec-carver. You don't have to find the limits of the F2, which are your limits then, too. And you don't have to get used to another boatd and style.

So i don't understand the reason of your question neither. But: If you would better like buying a Silberpfeil, buy one. Then these questions don't lead anywhere ;)

Have a nice week

Tom
free extreme carving

tommaso2k
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tommaso2k » Wednesday 3 March 2004, 19:37

Hi,

thanks a lot for the AVI file.

Tommaso

tommaso2k
Rank 5