F2 Silberpfeil Extremecarve :-)

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

zajda
Rank 2
Rank 2

F2 Silberpfeil Extremecarve :-)

Post by zajda » Thursday 1 April 2010, 15:23

Swoard 175 M + F2 Race Titanium, F2 Silberpfeil 168 + X-Bone step-in, G-Force 170 M - F2 Titanflex step-in

erik
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by erik » Thursday 1 April 2010, 18:27

Hail P, J & N, :bravo: :clap3: :pray2:

now it's clear that they started a new phenomenon!!!!

When big brands are starting the production of that kind of boards has to mean that the extremecarvingstyle (and the gear) has found his place in the snowboardingscene!

Great job guys! 8)

I salute the masters.

P.S.: if this is an aprils fool joke of F2: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Swoard 2D 168H #13, f2 race titanium, raichle AF600 ACSS, Northwave .900

Vitaly
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Vitaly » Thursday 1 April 2010, 18:48

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Thursday 1 April 2010, 19:16

Indeed, those are different. FTWO is the freestyle brand of F2 International Sports GmbH.

Transistor Rhythm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Transistor Rhythm » Thursday 1 April 2010, 20:06

the boards on the f2 website are for next season already, bt has this years' stock
Fridgecarver

Vitaly
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Vitaly » Thursday 1 April 2010, 21:06

erik wrote:P.S.: if this is an aprils fool joke of F2: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I think no...

there are conversation was here
viewtopic.php?t=6999&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90

Silver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Silver » Thursday 1 April 2010, 23:05

Looks like the right board is a carbon edition of the Vantage Silberpfeil, not of the narrow Silberpfeil like on the F2 website!

Silver :twisted:

miniottimichele
Rank 0
Rank 0

silberpfeil vantage

Post by miniottimichele » Friday 20 August 2010, 13:07

f2 told me it'll be available at the beginning of october. Already booked!!! I hope it's better than swoard (too heavy)

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: silberpfeil vantage

Post by fivat » Friday 20 August 2010, 14:36

Welcome miniottimichele, I see that you have registered today and that this is your first post.

"Too heavy"? :think: All people are surprised by the lightness of the Swoard Extremecarver (as well as the lignthness of the Swoard DUAL which is even wider).

What size have you? What flex? (the H flex is thicker than the S of course!)
Do you have made an accurate measurement of the weights of the two boards? 8O

To compare the weights of two boards objectively, one should compare same lengths, same flexes (no flex choice at F2), and same widths if possible!
And of course with NO bindings mounted on the boards.

By the way: we could compare the bindings weights from the brands around, because the total weight with the board does matter.

However, mass = inertia, in the sense given by physics. In various sports there are people who prefer some "inertia" to get more stability and to feel stronger at high speed.
I remember an old Rossignol board, very heavy, which was excellent.
It's a question of personal preference, or the mood of the day. 8)

Patrice Fivat

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by skywalker » Monday 23 August 2010, 9:50

fivat wrote:Welcome miniottimichele, I see that you have registered today and that this is your first post.

"Too heavy"?
To be honest, I don't think, that mr. Miniottomichele ever had the chance to feel how heavy or not a SWOARD is. Sometimes provocation is too simple to be answered :lol:

I think it's a good thing, that there are wider boards available with a smaller scr like the SP Vantage for intermediate riders. Will be interesting to see, where our sport is going to...

skywalker
free extreme carving

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Schneewurm » Monday 23 August 2010, 21:14

Yaeh, miniottimichele. A new pure, understating noblesse, wrapped in finest carbon technology. You realy buy one? I see, You are not on a matter of provocation, but on a matter of hope now.

What is too heavy? I don't know the weight of all the boards from Swoard. But out of the factory where Swoard's are comming from, once a board on 183 cm lenghth was available - designed for riders kg 70+. The board-weight was at 3.15 kg. This is 0.25 kg less, compared to F2 SP VANTAGE 162, which is only about 12 % wider but more than 20 cm shorter. Other boards like Radical Surf 180 / waist 251 mm are on 3.05 kg. That's what I weighted. Radical's specification is at 3.1 kg. Actual cool carbone shapes, witch are much wider shapes than VANTAGE 162, comes out from factory of Swoard now on 163 cm leghth at 2.4 kg, this is 1000 gramm less weight then F2 SP VANTAGE 162. Beside that it's on a many Euro lower price, then other lightweight boards or most of any alpine snowboards ! (*)

I don't ride such a lightweight board. My lightest board for hardboots is at 2'504 Gramm. And yes it's a good board. A board which shape is not at an understating noblesse, but it's an aproved shape, working very well on all snow-conditions and snow-surfaces. Of course, to do such easy turns on crusted snow (see my track on picture below - was taken some room at a slightly enhanced speed, so I had to cross the old avalanche on the right side), isn't the first choice of many snowboarders. They like much more to carve Xtreme on Premium boards and conditions. So they realy need for that, things like the new "wide extreme carver SILBERPFEIL VANTAGE" 168 comming on 3.6 kg weight. Crazy, for me 3.6 kg is a very heavy construction for such a short board. But there is a remaining hope for miniottimichele he will come lucky upcomming season. And - perhaps the new factory from F2 comes down on weight in a handfull Years too.

- - - -

(*)
There are now realy many $$$$$ alpine boards available on market. It seems now also like F2, many brands have forgotten boards at $$ to $$$ are still needed for alpine snowboarding. Younger people will not spend so much money for extra-ordinary boards. There are also poeple which want only renewing their freecarving boards. Because they don't find anymore payable stuff (must be also good and easy to ride), they often switch back to Skis or to all the other endless fun-tools for to be on snow. A skiset (ski and bindings) at good price starts at Euro 300.-. The cheapest alpine board from F2 at Euro 400.-, thats Euro 100.- more expensiv, without any bindings.
Attachments
slightly-enhanced-trenches.jpg
slightly-enhanced-trenches.jpg (14.01 KiB) Viewed 20398 times
Gliding on Snowboards,
like Pogo, Kessler, Virus, Hot, Nidecker and others,
from 151 up to 183 cm and 14 to 27.4 cm width,
covering any kind of shapes with
any kind of boots and bindings.

miniottimichele
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by miniottimichele » Thursday 26 August 2010, 16:43

Patrice, I've to be honest; I bought a swoard extremecarver 2D 175M on april 13th 2010 brand new, cause of my big feet!!

The board is absolutely amazing, as you said, and run it it's as Swoard promise! I've never tried as one as it.

As my ex board is f2 sl 166 I've found the carving machine a little bit heavier on changing direction, but it could be cause of my short experience.

F2 Vantage is 168 lenght and 222 waist width, so a tin bit light. This may means that it could be better in slalom or fast direction change. But it's just in my opinion; I've never run it.

Anyway I suggest swoard extremecarver to everyone who is on search of emotions on a snowboard hard to try it!

Ciao

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Thursday 26 August 2010, 18:44

Thank you Michele for your explanation and your honesty. :bravo:

You meant "edge change" while you used the word "heavy" (weight), what is not the same!
That's why I and other readers didn't understand.

As we often discussed:

- For racing in slalom, riding with the chest facing the tip of the board, or for very quick edge changes, narrowness is an advantage.
This is not the program of the Swoard (though our rider Antoine is winning boardercross with his Swoard 175H).
Personally I would go for Kessler rather than F2.

- For fully laid turns, width is required, especially on hard snow because the feet should not touch the snow. But width is only one parameter.
A particular construction and long development are also desirable: carving with the edge nearly vertical to the surface of the piste is not the
program of race boards or traditional boards. Personally, I would go for Swoard as you did. ;-)

Ciao,

Patrice Fivat

H2O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by H2O » Friday 10 December 2010, 17:57

Thanks to Roberto of Settimo Sport (Milano-Italy) I could try for some days the new F2 Silberpfeil Vantage board, in Alagna/Monterosaski.

Lengh tested 168:
- effective edge 151
- waist widht 22.2
- radius 11
- set-back 2 cm

The structure is very "dry" with a bit rigid flex, particularly in the tail, it seems even that the board hasn't a wood core (compared to others snowboards I have or I've had).
Good torsional rigidity.
Symmetrical shape (like Swoard) but with a small rocker in the tip.
Bridge completely absent (on the floor the board is completely flat).
Excellent surface finishing, with impression of strength, as indeed for other F2 boards.
Tried different settings (from 0 to 3 cm set-back), both at centered inserts (2 cm set-back), and backward, or forward - with a stance of 48 cm (I am 175 cm - 72 kg).
Every type of slope and snow, including hard surfaces and even off the track about 40 cm of fresh snow.
The impression is to ride a very slow board, a "deaf" board, where to find reactivity is required to force the movements (or ride it with push-pull and body rotation in EC style); in classic/bomber style the feeling is like to have under the feet a soulless board.
However, on good (perfect) snow, I try it fun and enjoyable with great carving effect (maintenance of the turn trajectory to climb up the slope), but, as soon as the snow (and the slope) becomes irregular and/or icy the board loses directional tightness (it does not uniformly maintain the grip on the entire edge) ... I think due to the non-homogeneous structure.
Very slow to handle at the end of the day, expecially after a snowfall of 40 cm (on Monday 6/12 in Alagna) ..... but very useful the rockered tip!
Among the settings tested seems to work better with 1 cm of set back.
The Vantage looks like an enlarged F2 SL Equipe, but without the changing edge speed of a 19 cm waist widht ..... but essentially a new F2 proposal (at a competitive price) with features of "extremecarver" that could be appreciated by EC practitioners.
:hello:
Pietro
... sciare in pista è come nuotare in piscina, sciare in fuoripista è come farlo in mare aperto ...

shackers
Rank 0
Rank 0

Browsing for a new board tip

Post by shackers » Friday 14 January 2011, 10:39

Hello guys/ladies,

i am currently browsing the expert webs for a tips which EC board would fit me.
I started to enjoy the carving last year but my old HB Oxygen is not good enough so it is a time for a change.
Last year my tip was a F2 Silberpfeil, this year i found out about the Vantage and Silberpfeil Carbon as well, but the information on the F2 site is too general and doesnt says to much.
Another option is the Swoard, blessed by many people, but the price difference to F2 Vantage is more 30%.
Never heard about Kessler..

I am 190cm, 85 kg, riding HB for 5 years... Usually we ride on piste with a good conditions, little powder. Occasionally a bit icy stuff.

any tips would be appreciated

thanx