Chris Klug settings

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Chris Klug settings

Post by rilliet » Saturday 25 May 2002, 10:41

I read the interview of Chris Klug on Bomberonline (http://www.bomberonline.com/Bomber_File ... _klug.html) and I noticed several strange things...

Here is an extract of the interview about his setting:

BOL:Describe your equipment setup that you used in the Olympics.

CK: I ride a Burton Factory Prime 185, 15.5 meter radius, with a custom 21cm waist width. I ride angles of 54/51, Burton Race Plates, and actually some older Burton hardboots, the Furnace.

BOL:Are those just stock Race Plates or...

CK: Yeah, they're totally stock and actually three years old so they're a little softer. I ride a pretty soft setup generally.

BOL:Does that help with the chatter on hard courses?

CK: I think it does, yeah. That was one of the things in '98, my setup was a bit stiff. I had stiffer bindings, my boots were riveted, and it worked perfect for that first run. The snow was real ego snow, you could just rail the heck out of the board. But then the clouds rolled in and the snow came down, and the course just turned into an ice skating rink. That stiffer setup just wasn't ideal on the icier conditions. So I used a little softer setup for the hard conditions on the course at Park City, and I think it was ideal.

This guy, who got the bronze medal at the olympic games, has nearly the same setup as us: low angulation, wide board and not too hard bindings and boots!

There is also a photo showing that he has no problem in extreme carving.

So here is my conclusion: if you want to win the bronze medal in the olympic games, use our recommended extreme carving settings!... :D :D :D :D :D

Jacques

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Bronze?!

Post by RicHard » Wednesday 29 May 2002, 13:52

Uhmmm... GOLD, I think!
:-)

P.S.: I found very strange that he uses "stock race bindings"... these bindings seems to be a toy!
:-(

Eddie Risser
Rank 2
Rank 2

Burton Race Bindings

Post by Eddie Risser » Saturday 12 October 2002, 22:29

Last year was my first year on a carving board. I purchased most of my equipment at Big Bear, in California, during a large ski swap (more like a mass of garage sales and inventory blow-out of unsold equipment from shops) anyway, not knowing much about equipment I came home with some Burton Race bindings. I only found out later that they break alot on people and was a little dissapointed with myself. I moved to Utah and started to learn how to carve during an okay snow season for Utah. Putting the board into a really good carve did not take too long to achieve (I think it came easy from twelve years of surfing and skateboarding) and the bindings did not break, but I did notice them flexing. I never knew how icy some days were on my carving board at, not untill I switched over to my other board did I realize how hard the snow was. I am kind of glad I have the Burton because I think it helped make the first year so fun. This summer I have been working on my legs to help produce stronger and more stable turns so I guess I will see if the bindings will live up to their reputation this winter. :wink: