Hard boots adjustment

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Hard boots adjustment

Post by fivat » Wednesday 4 February 2004, 18:58

I just want to make you see the interesting adjustment that Dave made to his Raichle hard boots:

Click here --> viewtopic.php?p=4107&highlight=#4107

I wonder if he gets something that is not so far from what I get naturally in my Northwave .900 hard boots:

Indeed the conception (the design) of these boots slightly elevates the heels!? It's what one can think when one looks inside...

Patrice Fivat

BlueDevil
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BlueDevil » Thursday 5 February 2004, 7:34

I dunno.
I ride Raichle, too. A model older than his. But I absolutely don't feel ANY need EVER to get my heels lifted. Hell, even my bindings are flat-flat-flat. No canting, no nothing.
Boots put you in front by default. Adding to it...I don't know. I think if I was to do that with my boots, I'd end up being all on the toes, on the toeside edge. I would have to compensate then by leaning back. And that can only bring problems: either you can't put your toeside edge in the snow except for laying the turns completely down (not always possible, nor a good idea), or you're completely out of balance.
I learned that one HAS to feel the front side of the boot always. I got a surgery last year 'cos my socks were too rush and made me a wound on my tibia (bone connecting knee & ancle). All the skin went off and the bone got it's share of boot, too. Infection...blahblah...surgery.... And this year again "wounds" :(
So...I dunno, I don't think it's necessary to lift the heel that way. With binding, maybe? But boots - don't mess with them!

Dave
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dave » Thursday 5 February 2004, 13:51

Hy dunno

Everyone has his way of boarding and I don't know 2 people who have the same feet!
I just solved a problem, and it could be that this problem is typical for me!
But if I can just help someone who has the same problem, I'm happy

Greets, Dave