Question on EC technique

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

MunnyIsYummy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Question on EC technique

Post by MunnyIsYummy » Monday 11 January 2010, 1:33

This is basically my first season snowboarding, but I've been riding a lot. Rode about 20 times in my life?

I've lately been trying to perfect my carve when I tried using the EC technique with great sucess, but I have a couple of questions.

1. Do you guys keep the body more or so straight using inclination when going for a fully laid turn or angulate then lay into the turn fully when the board is "holding"
2. The hip rotation, is this after the edge is planted in as you're about to "push"
3. the pull portion is it passive or active? I try to pull, but I don't really feel an active pulling, more like my body is sinking in with the g force at the end of my carve, sometimes it'll feel like i'm pulling up every so slightly when I'm worried about edge hold deteriorating from my body's weight + gravity
4. What binding angles do you guys suggest for soft boots?

Im at times, 4 or so inches from the ground, a couple of times I laid out, but then lost edge hold but gained it back in a split second then was up ready to link the next turn. I have a SLIGHT bit of boot overhang, the boots overhang past the metal edges by like 2 mm? The board gets wider as it goes from topsheet to metal edges like a "/------\" view, the boot is hanging out past the bottom edge (metal edge) of the /\ portion.

I'm doing this with soft boots +21/-15, I think the loss in edge grip is due to the slight boot overhang.

Any help with be appreciate, I love the feeling of the EC push pull technique, even if I'm not doing a fully laid turn.

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by harald » Monday 11 January 2010, 9:18

This issue has been discussed in a lot of threads. I have no experience with soft boots, but generally you should not have any overhang. Otherwise, you will skid in the turns. To answer, your other questions I would recommend you to read through the Technique section on the EC-website and watch carefully all the videos. After that, I think you will have an answer to your questions about pull-push-pull and stretching during the turn.
harald

drzone
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by drzone » Monday 11 January 2010, 14:26

Currently I have my set up at 25/-15C on the Dual. Front side does not skip if careful but back side as you get lower, the sudden lost of edging is you booting out, even with tiny overhang.
Small overhand on static board, is big overhang once that edge is digging in the snow.
Not much you could do back side because of the fixed bindings, front side you can try to bend the ankle even more so that the board is not as straight up on egde so the toes don't touch the snow.
Carve Diem