Search for a Alpine Board for rental in Geneva

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Brazilian Carver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Search for a Alpine Board for rental in Geneva

Post by Brazilian Carver » Sunday 11 January 2004, 20:35

Hello you all.
After finding this website I've got very motivated to start carving more and more!!! I would like to congratulate J & P for their wonderful videos.
As my user name demonstrates, I didn't grow up near the mountains and snow. I've been living in Geneva for almost 3 years and thanks to my wife ( alpine boarder since 1994 ) I 've started snowboarding but not over an alpine board ( actually it's a freeride ) but to tell you guys the true, I prefer EC style. I've been looking for a shop where I could rent alpine material in Geneva ( or nearby ) but I haven't found it. Could someone give me a hand??? It could also be in Haut Savoie...
Thank you in advance...
Brazilian Carver
F2 Silberpfeil
Favorite Spot : Les Contamines

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Sunday 11 January 2004, 23:55

I have not checked all the famous shops in Geneva (Tropical Corner, Force 5, etc.), but if you find by chance a shop that rents one or two alpine boards, it could be old models :-( Phone all the shops and ask them what you are looking for (and don't listen them if they say alpine snowboarding is past... they have no idea about the evolution in this sport and extremecarving ;-) ). Probably you should buy your stuff...

To get and try new shoes (Raichle/Deeluxe), go the "Le Vieux Campeur" in Thonon (on the main road at the entrance of the town when you come from Geneva).

Patrice Fivat

Brazilian Carver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Brazilian Carver » Monday 12 January 2004, 12:29

fivat wrote:I have not checked all the famous shops in Geneva (Tropical Corner, Force 5, etc.), but if you find by chance a shop that rents one or two alpine boards, it could be old models :-( Phone all the shops and ask them what you are looking for (and don't listen them if they say alpine snowboarding is past... they have no idea about the evolution in this sport and extremecarving ;-) ). Probably you should buy your stuff...

To get and try new shoes (Raichle/Deeluxe), go the "Le Vieux Campeur" in Thonon (on the main road at the entrance of the town when you come from Geneva).
Merci Patrice pour votre info. Je vais essayer de voir chez autres magasins. C'est vrai que à chaque fois que j'essaye ils me disent " ALPIN ??? Il n' y a plus ça.... Mais pour moi OUI, il existe encore.
Brazilian Carver
F2 Silberpfeil

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Arnaud » Monday 12 January 2004, 12:35

Salut

En Haute Savoie, y'en a à louer à Praz sur Arly. Mais c'est pas du tout neuf :wink:

Voir mon post : viewtopic.php?t=594

Arnaud

Brazilian Carver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Brazilian Carver » Monday 12 January 2004, 14:28

Merci Arnaud.
J'ai déjà trouvé des planches alpines chez Force 5 ( thanks to Patrice ).
Bonne Journée :P
Brazilian Carver
F2 Silberpfeil

Brazilian Carver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Brazilian Carver » Sunday 15 February 2004, 9:03

Hello you'all...
After going all aroud Geneva I can tell you that it is very difficult to find good stuff for alpine/carving ( you may know that better than I do ) :!: It's funny because you get in to the store and you ask for alpine/carving and the staff look at you like " is this guy crazy or what???". Anyway, I have decided to buy my own material and after 2 weeks of Internet and phone calls I have finally found the whole thing !!!! I'll going to the Contamines ( France ) to try this "rare" style that I like so much ( thanks to your videos and explanations ). I was not able to buy a Sword yet but depending on my experience with the new style I will be certainly calling or mailing you next winter. I am trying to get as much informations on your site for tomorrow...I hope it will work :?
I would like to congratulate you 3 for your excelent site and for kindness answering all those questions people do. I never write anything because I think I'm still a ROOKIE :oops: but I read the quotes almost everyday " to steal some answers :o !!! OK...Have a nice Sunday and wish me luck...
Brazilian Carver
F2 Silberpfeil

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Force 5

Post by fivat » Tuesday 17 February 2004, 10:16

We are happy if we can help you Brazilian Carver! :D

Where exactly (Websites, shops, etc.) did you buy your stuff?

In Geneva, "Force 5" is a nice shop! They like and support the small companies and sell some rare products ("Movement" skis, swallows, alpine boards, very long boards, etc.).

Patrice Fivat

Brazilian Carver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Brazilian Carver » Wednesday 18 February 2004, 13:07

Hello again,
Concerning the shops where I've bought the material, I have got my board with bluetomato.at, they were very fast in sending me the board and bindings ( It only took 2 days to get to Geneva ). The boots were a little harder to get them. I have tried some in Force 5 but they were too expensive ( CHF 600. ) Then I was at Techno Surf ( Grand Saconnex ) to try an used Raichle but they were a bit too small. I have finally found nice boots at pureboarding.com, not expensive at all and they've got to Geneva in 14 hours ( great delivery service ). So I was able to go to the Contamines on Monday with brand new material. It was great :lol: Incredible the diference of ride ( I used to have a freeride board ). I have followed your tips and I can tell you that I was very happy with my performance ( thanks to you guys ) :P Front side turns with 2 hands touching the snow ( amazing feeling ). I still have to work ( a lot ) on my back side turns but anyway I have to be patient ( it's only my 3rd season on a snowboard ) :oops:
Well, I wish you a great " sejour " in Aspen.
Brazilian Carver
F2 Silberpfeil