Nice Carving Site

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

chris

Nice Carving Site

Post by chris » Saturday 23 March 2002, 12:35

Hi together,

I just checked out your site ...... It has gotten verry nice and I really enjoed the pictures. The things you write about your board are basically the same thoughts that led to the pureboarding #one board. It has to be wider, it needs mutch more torsion stiffness without beeing stiff and so it allows nice angles to ride. Pureboarding preferes 55 in front and about 25-30 in the back. :wink:
So basically both are looking in the same direction.

Keep on going with your site!

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Thx chris

Post by nils » Saturday 23 March 2002, 13:55

I like the work u do on pureboarding too...I'm just bit doubtful on the asym concept of your board..have u tested it without the asym?.

Nils

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Wide wide wide!

Post by fivat » Tuesday 26 March 2002, 18:53

Chris (Anonymous) wrote: [...]
The things you write about your board are basically the same thoughts that led to the pureboarding #one board. It has to be wider, it needs mutch more torsion stiffness without beeing stiff and so it allows nice angles to ride.
Sobasically both are looking in the same direction.
[...]
Yes! I hope people will understand the importance of these parameters.
We see many riders who don't understand why they fall when they try to carve "extremely" with their narrow boards and high angles, the feet touching the snow...
The ski industry took 40 years to understand how to make skis which can be really driven in the curves :!: I hope that the snowboard industry won't take 40 years to understand the importance of what we are talking here :)

-Patrice Fivat

McFussel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by McFussel » Friday 29 March 2002, 18:44

:lol:

Well...Ißm happy with my narrow board, abd it works....

:lol:

But everyone as he likes ist.

But in one point you are right fivat - if you use a narrow board you have to check, that nothing of your boot touches the snow - thats really important!!

Carve down
McFussel :lol:
Don´t ride the chicken line!

http://www.carving-masters.de