Sierra Nevada

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Willow 15
Rank 4
Rank 4

Sierra Nevada

Post by Willow 15 » Sunday 3 May 2009, 10:33

Has anyone boarded at Sierra Nevada. I am busy planning next years trips and fancy trying somewhere new. Of course the pilgrimage to Zinal is booked and a trip to Les Arcs but I am looking for somewhere at the beggining of April and a beach/snow trip sounds appealing. If anyone has info about Sierra Nevada (i.e. is it any good for carving) it would be most welcome.
PJ7

SITO
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SITO » Sunday 3 May 2009, 13:50

Hi!
You mean Sierra Nevada ,Spain???
This is the resort in wchich normally I ride.
Nice resort, wide and big slopes, but not very steeps very funny to do EC, nice wheather, the most of the days are sunny, tons of people during the weekend but super if you can ride from monday to friday, only a few people on it, good foods, good live night in the resort or at Granada. Not cheap, but very well prepared, perhaps for my taste, one of the best resort prepared here.

Granada is a very nice city, at 30 minutes of the resort with arabian palaces and monuments known all over the world like "La Alambra" . At only some minutes you have the beach, but if you drive 2 hours you will be at Tarifa one of the better and famous places in Europe to do kiteboarding and winsurfing with big and windy beaches.
Highly recommend!

Regards!
S.
Ride hard;100% fun

luomu
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by luomu » Saturday 9 May 2009, 7:49

Cheers.

I agree on the resort info (haven't actually been there after getting a swoard, but wouldn't the upper section of Laguna de las Yegas be ok for carving?)

I would like to add a few comments to the distances and times it takes to get to places;
Sierra Nevada - Granada; 40 minutes by car, around 50 minutes by bus, which is an option if you decide to stay in Granada instead of the resort..

To the beach it's a little more than some minutes; around 50 or 60km to Motril or Salobreña, takes a bit less than an hour of driving from Granada, add 30 minutes if you are coming down from the resort..

Going to Tarifa, in 2 hours you have just passed Malaga by car (130km from the city of Granada), it takes some 2 hrs more to Tarifa.
But since it's mainly motorways, the distance isn't too bad.

Ps. if you happen to do climbing, it gets even better, since there's really nice crags right around Granada, there's a nice spot 5km to the coast (Los Vados), and besides the windsurfing, Tarifa has also a scenic climbing location, San Bartolo.. and so on..
:clap3: