Swoarder in Servaus last week of March

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Roelh
Rank 4
Rank 4

Swoarder in Servaus last week of March

Post by Roelh » Thursday 19 February 2009, 9:44

He Viv,

There will be a Dutch Swoarder in Austria (Serfaus) in the last week of March. The swoarder is me!!!!

Hope to have pefect ec conditions. Are you all again going to the snow in the nearby future?

Roel

Mariusz.Zamojski
Rank 3
Rank 3

Serfaus: last week of March

Post by Mariusz.Zamojski » Thursday 19 February 2009, 11:52

Hi Roel

I will be there with Swoard + my friend with F2 Speedster. During my last two trips to Alps I had terrible weather, so hope to have hardpack and sunshine this time :)

See You on the slopes !

BR
Mariusz

Transistor Rhythm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Transistor Rhythm » Tuesday 25 August 2009, 22:25

We are planning for the week before, March the 20th till the 27th. But some people still have to be sure before we can book :roll:

Any slopes that are recommended for carving? I see lots of red slopes above the treeline :) Can I rent/test alpine boards somewhere?

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Schneewurm » Friday 28 August 2009, 9:53

Hi, Transistor Rhythm, I had Wednesday a personal talk to a realy Orginal Tirolian, fitted in leather-pants and with a feather-pinned hut on his head. He was just comming from Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis Marketing GmbH to us, seeking for Swiss customers.

He gives me the information that Take-Off Center at Komperdell (middle-station of skiarea) might have some raceboards!

Take-Off Center = Patscheider Sport GmbH Serfaus
http://www.patscheider.com/cms/en/winte ... -equipment
Watch: - Winterfun - Funsport equipment:
they rent nearly anything You want, like: Swingbo / Monoski / Skwal -> ask for Raceboards!

Some Ideas of Sporting good stores in Fiss Ladis Serfaus:
http://www.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/winter/sporthandel/
http://www.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/winter ... anglaufen/
Sorry, no shop informations/overview at the Nederlands page: http://nl.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/winter/sport/

- - - -

... lots of red slopes above the treeline ...
Yes, 31 lifts and 135 km of 185 km slopes are over 2000 meters!

The Tirolian spokes from overall wide Carving slopes (typical for Austria, prepared by heavy bulldozers during sommertime), from easy level up to expert level.

See also the news for winter 2009/2010 (scan of the new skimap/pricelist from Serfaus Winter 2009/2010):
- Scheid-chairlift (Serfaus) now with warm seats.
- enhanced slopes with artifical snow (now 135 km of 185 km slopes with artifical snow, 10 km more then last seaseon.)
- new artifical lake for to store enough water to produce artifical snow.

- - - -

Keep in mind, for pollution prevention, railways are ready for to travel from Eindhoven NL to Landeck AT by train (*). The missing way from Landeck up to Fiss-Ladis-Serfaus (15km) can be done by bus, Taxi or Hotel-service-bus.
(* 3-5 changes of train e.g. at Utrecht, Basel, Zurich. If You take German ICE and French TGV, You start 9 a.m. in Eindhoven and arrive 8 p.m at Landeck-Zams. Zurich-Mainstation - Landeck-Zams is most time a direct train, with a spectacular view to the Swiss mountains where Heidi comes from!)
Attachments
Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis-09-10.gif
Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis-09-10.gif (28.24 KiB) Viewed 6092 times
Gliding on Snowboards,
like Pogo, Kessler, Virus, Hot, Nidecker and others,
from 151 up to 183 cm and 14 to 27.4 cm width,
covering any kind of shapes with
any kind of boots and bindings.

Transistor Rhythm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Transistor Rhythm » Friday 28 August 2009, 11:25

Hmm I sure would like to try that Skwal for a day. I read the name of Komperdell somewhere on FB too, I guess I'll check that one out too.

joemzl
Location: where Varus died in Germany // above you see, why I came to snowboarding: the Vitelli Turn

Post by joemzl » Friday 28 August 2009, 12:21

Hi, T.R.

some years ago they had F2 raceboards for rent at Komperdell.
Don´t know, if they have other brands too.

Best carving slopes? Depends on the weather and snow conditions. :)
That area isn´t that big, so you can check out the whole interesting slopes in one day.
Try Pezid, Lazid, Sattelkopf and Zwölferkopf. Masnerarea isn´t steep enough.
North side of Fiss is only good if there is lack of snow and it´s good for freeriding.
The longest run there is the Frommesabfahrt with freeridingpossibilities too.
In Serfaus I liked the Waldabfahrt down to the city. Not very steep, but long and not crowded.
Extreme Dreamer every night

Swoard Pro 175M +Race Ti Flex, Plasma CE185/17, Swoard Stoke 162M

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Schneewurm » Saturday 29 August 2009, 21:50

@Transistor Rhythm
just give a phone call to the listed sporting good shops! You can ask also tourist office (Phonecall or E-Mail, or Fax) from Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis for to give You a list of all avaiable stuff/shops. They will check this and will call You back for to give You the shop names/list. It's now off-season and they have time to do such things - don't force them to do similiar things during wintertime!

... carving slopes - depends weather and snow conditions ...
and also underground! (rock-fields vs. prairie)
Sure, Oberinntal is one of the dryest area all over Austria - verry recommendet for hiking (*). But in normal winters, end of march on mountains over 2000 m, snow accumulation is very good, much better then on christmas-time!
(* there is a reason, like also in Zinal, why 73% of all slopes are under artifical snow)
Gliding on Snowboards,
like Pogo, Kessler, Virus, Hot, Nidecker and others,
from 151 up to 183 cm and 14 to 27.4 cm width,
covering any kind of shapes with
any kind of boots and bindings.