Some toeside turn thoughts from ECS

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

raphael
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by raphael » Tuesday 17 February 2009, 13:34

jfamin wrote:When looking at Patrice picture (from carved), we clearly see how he bends his knees instead of breaking his waist.
In fact I tried at home on my swoard to bend my knees as he does : it was impossible because my boots were to stiff : in order to flex so much you knees boots must be soft with enough flex angle : look at his back boot !
So I tuned even more my head stratos to make them softer : it worked.
I can now bend my knees on my swoard exactly like on the picture.
Now I just have to try on the snow...
Jean Paul
Yeah, seems like this is part of the secret.
I am afraid the number of days a year Patrice is on the Bartelemy is another important part of it.
fivat wrote:Good post too, Vahur! :bravo:

About the rotation, if the water surfers have to use this technique (as well as the skateboarders), it's clearly because there are some good reasons. :D They can't cheat since their feet are not bound to the board. They need to turn in harmony with the board, to lead the board, to place their weight properly, etc. and not to fall out of the board.
It's good to benefit from the efficiency and advantages of this technique on the snow too. It's not theory, it's our experience. Special thanks to the Swiss Snowboard School which has developed the rotation technique and spread it from the nineties already.

Patrice Fivat
Now you need to change your avatar, for this frontside is much better:
http://carving.grewu.org/gallery/ecsVI/ ... c_8281.htm
Swoard 168M / Undertaker 185 + F2 Race Ti + tuned Raichle 324
Resorts : St Lary / Peyragudes / La Thuile
Carver toute l'année : carveboard.fr