Here at last.

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Willow 15
Rank 4
Rank 4

Here at last.

Post by Willow 15 » Wednesday 28 January 2009, 18:44

I arrived today and I am staying in Grimentz. Is it worth having a days riding here in Grimentz before spending the rest of my time at Zinal or should I go straight to Zinal tomorrow. Any ideas would be welcome.

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: Here at last.

Post by fivat » Wednesday 28 January 2009, 18:52

The slopes in Grimentz are not as steep as the ones in Zinal (excepted small sections), but it's fun too. The first part of Opus 4 "Lifted" has been shot in Grimentz, so you can have an idea.

There are 10-20 riders who have already arrived in Zinal. So you can meet them or ride one day in Grimentz, as you want. 8)

See you on Saturday!

Patrice Fivat

vkrouverk
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by vkrouverk » Wednesday 28 January 2009, 19:33

If I were in your boots then I would do following:
take gondola from Grimentz village up and go to the trail, which returns to the village (on the left hand if you go out from gondola building IIRC). If you can carve this slope all the way down without problems then you are ready to master any slope and can go to Zinal to ride with other masters and show off. If not then it would be good idea to practice in Grimentz before going into "public" place like Zinal. :P
Actually I would spend most of time in Zinal, not because of more steeper slopes, but for the blast which one can have by riding with other hardbooters. And if you need to progress then it would be much faster if you can see others riding and asking advice from them.
Of course as you are located in Grimentz then it is good to spend at least some time there, if not whole day then at least half of day: there is quite many different slopes and everyone can find suitable one to his level.
Converting potential energy to kinetic..