ECS '04: detailed info available! Make your reservations!

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

panama-joe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by panama-joe » Tuesday 27 January 2004, 18:06

We're not sure yet whether we'll arrive Friday night or Saturday morning; in the latter case, we might not be able to make the 8:15 deadline at the lift station.
What is the name of the lift / slopes where you'll be ?

Looking forward to see y'all :D

Regards, Jochen

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

meeting point in case of late arrival

Post by nils » Tuesday 27 January 2004, 18:49

For those that cannot make it to the meeting point at the rite time (between 8 and 8.30 am)>

We will try to make it possible to get the same lift passes at the same reduced price and leave them at the cashier's desk. It might not be possible however so sorry for those who will miss the first rebate :).

Then the resort is small and it will be very easy to find us> we will be located at the main mid-slope building (restaurant, ratrack garage etc) and will have a few tables to set up boards. Please all stay tuned tomorrow wednesday for more details on the days there!

Nils

aalp
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by aalp » Tuesday 27 January 2004, 18:56

-jacques
-nils
-patrice
-skywalker (also known as Tom)
-pokkis and paula from Ojankaivajat
-gabi & olaf
-Ablazespy (AKA Dènis)
-harald
-sorro
-Arnaud and Lucile (my cousin)
-boris
-raphael & garance
-jean-manuel
-tim
-Tere,Isab,Jean & Fefer
-Foufou & Manu (de Lyon / France) (le lundi; on arrive à priori dimanche soir)
-Seb (slap himself)
-Sascha
-Dani
-Joep & Freek
-Dinu
-Carine & Michel (two Patrice's friends coming on Monday only)
-Patrick
-Dejan
-Gilles (alias Yngwie, présent sans doute le 2 février)
-Eduardo & Alejandro (matador duo from Spain)
-Norberto (the duo becomes a trio)
-Fred,Tonton,Resplend (Geneve)
-Gwen
-Dino (Genève)
-Julien
-Edgar (copain à Fred, Geneve)
-Sam(.mail) Lausanne, le lundi 2 février. Aimerais une 168M.
-Mike
-Yannick (Surflife)
-Yann
-Sylvain (Marseille, arrive vendredi)
-michel (bebert33, arrivée dimanche soir si possibilité hébergement)
-Jochen & Thomas
-Ahmet & Murat (coming all the way from Istanbul-Turkey!!!)

Macaya
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Macaya » Tuesday 27 January 2004, 22:53

-jacques
-nils
-patrice
-skywalker (also known as Tom)
-pokkis and paula from Ojankaivajat
-gabi & olaf
-Ablazespy (AKA Dènis)
-harald
-sorro
-Arnaud and Lucile (my cousin)
-boris
-raphael & garance
-jean-manuel
-tim
-Tere,Isab,Jean & Fefer
-Foufou & Manu (de Lyon / France) (le lundi; on arrive à priori dimanche soir)
-Seb (slap himself)
-Sascha
-Dani
-Joep & Freek
-Dinu
-Carine & Michel (two Patrice's friends coming on Monday only)
-Patrick
-Dejan
-Gilles (alias Yngwie, présent sans doute le 2 février)
-Eduardo & Alejandro (matador duo from Spain)
-Norberto (the duo becomes a trio)
-Fred,Tonton,Resplend (Geneve)
-Gwen
-Dino (Genève)
-Julien
-Edgar (copain à Fred, Geneve)
-Sam(.mail) Lausanne, le lundi 2 février. Aimerais une 168M.
-Mike
-Yannick (Surflife)
-Yann
-Sylvain (Marseille, arrive vendredi)
-michel (bebert33, arrivée dimanche soir si possibilité hébergement)
-Jochen & Thomas
-Ahmet & Murat (coming all the way from Istanbul-Turkey!!!)
-Daniel & Franck (dimanche vers 10h)

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Weather forecast

Post by fivat » Wednesday 28 January 2004, 13:24

Weather forecast at Zinal during the Extremecarving Session:

Image Image Image
- Saturday 31 - Sundy 1 - Monday 2 -

On Friday 30th the weather will be sunny, so the slopes will be well prepared and quite packed for extremecarving during the event :D

Patrice Fivat

PS: TOTAL for now: 57 carvers!
plus some local carvers, that will make more than 60 ! 8O :D

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Wednesday 28 January 2004, 14:48

It is good that they prepare slopes well on Friday due we, small scandinavian team, will be digging DEEP trenches there whole Friday :evil2:

yogix
Rank 1
Rank 1

Fun & other activities in Zinal :-)

Post by yogix » Wednesday 28 January 2004, 16:28

CARVERS ! NON-CARVERS !

As Nils's brother , I should be hooked to carving, no ?
Due to a lack of mountain trips for the past 10 years, it's unfortunately not the case...

I'll be in Zinal with you guys, and will practice any form of outdoor activities. And that's where you all come in the picture, I'd like to propose you the following:

- Saturday 31st: 3rd Swiss Downhill SnowTubing Championship:D

Can be lots of fun, it's a mere CHF 10, registration before 5 pm but the actual event starts at 8 pm >>> you can carve all you want before that !!!
check the website (in French / Italian but some pics) :
http://www.toboggandesneiges.ch/

- Sunday 1st, Monday 2nd:

Haven't been through all what's announced on the Zinal.ch website, but looks like it's possible to do
- Ice climbing
- Sealskin ski
Nothing is planned yet, but if you feel like joining me, that'd be cool. These activities can be quite costly. The more we are, the cheapest it gets (it requires a guide) ! (but it still costs about CHF 120 if we are 5).

Anyway, I'll check with the Tourist Info early sat. morning to know what can be done, and for how much. Ask me to discuss what's available !!!

Meet you in Zinal

Samuel

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

meet my brother :)

Post by nils » Wednesday 28 January 2004, 16:37

sealskin ;)
i think they call it backcountry ski in english ! if the translation is sealskin its funny :)

Snowtubbing must be fun, and since its saturday after we all carve can be done maybe...

Nils

Surflife
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Surflife » Wednesday 28 January 2004, 17:09

Yogix, I'm not sure to rightly understand what is it :? , could you right an equivalent post in the french side of the forum ?
Thanks in advance :chinese:
Swoard 168H n° 165 / Piokka PH1 / Deluxe Le Mans

yogix
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yogix » Wednesday 28 January 2004, 17:46

Surflife,

translated post avail here: viewtopic.php?p=3976#3976

(dans le coin des frankaoui)

sam

cmachine
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Weather forecast

Post by cmachine » Wednesday 28 January 2004, 19:15

fivat wrote:On Friday 30th the weather will be sunny, so the slopes will be well prepared and quite packed for extremecarving during the event
Are they prepared only one time on friday :cry: or also the other days :lol:

Olaf

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Arnaud » Wednesday 28 January 2004, 19:22

every hour :D
All members of Swiss curling team are required with their brush :lol2: :lol2:

Arnaud
Swoard EC Pro2 168H - Swoard EC12 Boots - Gen5 168H - Stoke 162 M

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Program UPDATE for the ECS

Post by nils » Wednesday 28 January 2004, 19:36

Ladies and gents, here is a few precisions for everyone to understand a bit more how we are seeing it:

Friday 30st january

- Participants arrive on their owns at Zinal, and go to their various hotels (Zinal is a small place so shouldn't be all far from each other)
The trift hotel has a Bar, so it is likely we will hang over around and after dinner time for those not too exhausted by their trip.

Saturday 31st january

- 8.00 - 8.30 > Meeting sharp between 8.00 and 8.30 in front of the main lift departure (easy to find). There we will distribute (for money ;) the reduced price tickets for the day
Please do have cash, and if possible change !! (10 CHF or 7 euros) so we don't have to search for change every other minute! If people arrive later, we will try to leave some of the liftpasses at the cashier's desk so they are at the same price ( please explain you are with EC meeting). If not possible you will have to pay full price for the day ;) (not too expensive in Zinal)

- 8.30 > first lifts with everyone going up, meeting at the main building where we will have tables and stands for the demo boards. Now it is important to precise a few things.
Since the meeting is over 3 days, and we have quite a lot of demo boards, but some might be rarer than the other ones, it will be nice if the people that are here for a shorter time can try the boards in priority. Make sure you go uphill with your own personnal set up, so in case the board you want to try is not available , you still get to ride! bring screwdrives so it gets fast switching bindings on boards!

- 8.45/9.00 - 11.45> riding

We will also lend the boards for half a day each time, it means we will likely not be at the "booth" all time, but more riding with everyone. There should be a lot of people with their own Swoards, and we are pretty sure there will be almost a Swoard for everyone to test, if not everyday, but at least 1 full day on the three day period. Of course if someone want to change settings etc one of us will go down to the booth and change all this :=). Slopes are close to the booth so not a problem at all !

- 11.45 - 12.45 > Lunch time at the restaurant : We will then proceed at board switches, settings etc...

- 12.45 > night :) > riding

- 16.00 > Demo boards have to be given back until next day

Free evenings

Everyone is likely to eat in various places, and depending on how the hotels are, we might try to eat all together ( 57+ people at this time might be hard!!!)
Remember people eat early in Switzerland ;)
Bars> evenings are likely to be in bars, we will find a place that will accept us with a LCD projector so we can show some vids eventually..We'll check first with the hotel Trift, but if the place isn't big enough (the bar there) we'll migrate!
There is also a famous bar called "Café Pub", not far from the hotels up the road where Patrice will perform his famous belly dancing, those willing can meet there after the Videos, etc..

Sunday 1st february

Same program :) BUT our friend Jean-Bernard Tschäppät, the inventor of the tooltonic will be there and will show everyone how to use his tools and how to become tuning masters! He will also ride a bit on a Swoard :). You can see his tuning tools website here:http://www.skiserviceshop.com only in french now, and his tooltonic website: http://www.tooltonic.com. I think it will be possible to buy a few gear from him too!

Monday 2d february

Same program :), but after the last test, everyone goes home with our benediction!

Nota bene> It is likely that a few people will have hotel problems for one night, and couldn't book on time etc.. We'll try to settle this root style ( maybe hotels can add an extra bed in some rooms etc ).

The SWOARD team

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Wednesday 28 January 2004, 20:20

But where is Limbo competition ? it is must for EC carvers :lol:
Nils, seriously it is great fun at end of day, we have had it and i can help you with arangemets if so required :D

vkrouverk
Rank 5
Rank 5

Already green

Post by vkrouverk » Wednesday 28 January 2004, 20:56

Damn, I probably should skip this forum reading for some time, otherwise I'll cancel my Aspen trip and come to Zinal instead :)
I'm quite sad, that this event is same time, as carving session in Aspen, otherwise I'd come to Zinal. But in my mind I'll be with you! (at least on Saturday and Sunday, on Monday I'll hit slopes there and I don't think that I have time to think about anything else than taking maximum of fun from riding). Next year I'll try to make it to EC event (and by then my riding is hopefully improved so much, that others don't have to suffer from spasms, which may come from laughing over me :D )
I'll use opportunity and thank here EC team for such great board! :chinese:
Have fun and live on the edge!