To the Kings of EC

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

vkrouverk
Rank 5
Rank 5

Bad news

Post by vkrouverk » Monday 24 November 2003, 6:45

Then you actually can see more snow than I do . Most of the ski and board resorts are still closed in switzerland.
Bad news. Hopefully it gets better...
So enjoy your cross-country event
If that helps, then no better here either: this snow turned overnight into 10 cm. thick slush. So no skiing :( , squats will be in trainingplan again :think:

McFussel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Bad news

Post by McFussel » Monday 24 November 2003, 8:14

Loooooks really bad in the mountains at the moment....noe snow, all melted or blown away by th wind!!!

:?
Don´t ride the chicken line!

http://www.carving-masters.de

vkrouverk
Rank 5
Rank 5

Time to book flight?

Post by vkrouverk » Monday 24 November 2003, 9:16

In Europe weather sucks :wall:, but Snowmass reports:
This season’s snowpack is the best we’ve seen in years
So if you haven't booked trip to SES or pureboarding carving session, then it's time to do so. Hopefully snow lasts there until February and here weather improves as well :pray:

Mphdemon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mphdemon » Wednesday 3 December 2003, 18:14

I was just reading all of the posts about the physics of snowboarding and how during a turn you are facing 3 times your own weight or something like that. Well I have kind of a funny story about that, I hope that u enjoy.

I started snowboarding about 5 or 6 years ago, I only started carving lat year. The first time I got on a carving board I didn't think that it would be much different from a freestyle board. But my friend who had been carving for a number of years now kept laying out some really nice turns, so of course I pushed myself to do the same thing. It took me a while to get over the fear of coming that close to the ground at that speed. And then there was that long period of time where I fell just about every time I tried to do the same as him :wall: . The first time I did it right and I made a good low carve I burned out. I was so used to riding soft boots that I didn't think about how much more effort it would take for me to take the turn. Well basically what happened was, my legs just crumpled under the pressure about half way through the turn, but instead of falling there I rode the rest of the turn out with my knee basically in my mouth. That was a huge mistake because when I finally tried to push back then I just fell over because I was so exaughsted from it :doh: . Since then I have done more leg press's then I can count, just so that I can stay standing up.

I hope u enjoyed, although now that I read it, it sounded a lot better in my head. :wall:
Chris

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Friday 5 December 2003, 18:34

Mphdemon wrote:The first time I got on a carving board I didn't think that it would be much different from a freestyle board.
Yes, it's so different... :evil2:
Mphdemon wrote:I hope u enjoyed
Yes we did ;-)

Have a nice carving season Chris!

Patrice Fivat

Mphdemon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mphdemon » Saturday 6 December 2003, 2:18

Hey man, Thanx a lot, I hope you have a great season this year too, as well as everyone else out there. I can't wait. hopefully I'll get to go this weekend. I've been getting the shakes from lack of snowboarding :wall:. I don't know what it is this year but I just can't stop thinking about carving it up, I mean I did before but this year it's overwhelming. Haha.

I do have one question though, are you going to make another movie this year, I love watching the ones on the site. They're the only thing that got me through the fall. I hope you guys have a great year, you guys rock. "Kings of EC" is right.:pray2:

-Chris

Oh ya, and for anyone living on the East Coast, We're supposed to get something like 10-15 inch this weekend up here in NH, HORRAY!!!!!!!!!. All that praying to the snow gods must have done something :pray: :pray2: .
Chris

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Saturday 6 December 2003, 11:34

Mphdemon wrote:I do have one question though, are you going to make another movie this year, I love watching the ones on the site.
We are going to shoot another movie this season of course... And there will be some surprises :silenced:
Let's pray together to get good conditions! :pray:

Patrice Fivat

Mphdemon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mphdemon » Saturday 6 December 2003, 15:20

That's wicked sweet. I can't wait. Those video's are wicked sweet, I'm going to try and make one with my friend this winter. Hopefully we can get our EC carves down a bit better before we start. Can I ask what kind of equipment you guys use for your video? My parents just got a new digital camera, I don't think it's quite top of the line but it's pretty close at least. But one thing that I've noticed about it is that kind of grainy when it comes to fast moving objects that I'm trying to follow. Do you have any advice or anything?

If we manage to get it finished this winter then we would love to put it on here for everyone to watch.
Chris

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Photo and video equipment

Post by fivat » Saturday 6 December 2003, 16:15

Mphdemon wrote:Can I ask what kind of equipment you guys use for your video?
Response in this thread:
Extremecarving photo's and video's

Patrice Fivat