RESPECT!!!

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

McFussel
Rank 5
Rank 5

RESPECT!!!

Post by McFussel » Tuesday 11 November 2003, 0:00

Hi Patrice, Hi Fivat......

just saw your new video and pictures.....GREAT!!!! But where the hell you find those slopes.....no bumps in it.....

Good page.....extreme good riding ;o)

Greetings
McFussel
Don´t ride the chicken line!

http://www.carving-masters.de

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: RESPECT!!!

Post by fivat » Tuesday 11 November 2003, 8:32

McFussel wrote:Hi Patrice, Hi Fivat......
You mean Patrice & Jacques? :)
McFussel wrote:just saw your new video and pictures.....GREAT!!!! But where the hell you find those slopes.....no bumps in it.....
During the morning, from 8:30 to 11:00! :mrgreen:

We are organizing the 1st Extremecarving Session in this resort: Jan 31st - Feb 2nd, 2004!
The anouncement will be official tomorrow on a new Web page!

Patrice Fivat

jeanbernard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: RESPECT!!!

Post by jeanbernard » Tuesday 11 November 2003, 11:06

We are organizing the 1st Extremecarving Session in this resort: Jan 31st - Feb 2nd, 2004!
The anouncement will be official tomorrow on a new Web page!

Patrice Fivat
Yeah! That's great news!! Can't wait till tomorrow to know where it is! :twisted:

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

YEAH YEAH the DATE is reserved in my agenda!!!

Post by ablazespy » Tuesday 11 November 2003, 18:09

YEAH YEAH this date is reserved in my agenda!!! Finally and again if anyone would like to Carpool from Holland to this meeting let me know!

GR Dènis

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Tuesday 11 November 2003, 19:18

It's an option to join this weekend, travelling from Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Depends on the place to be, is it reachable in short time by car. Well, we know it tomorrow. Sounds like fun to me, to carve with the early birds of SWOARDriders. Anxious to hear from the SWOARDguys about any packagedeals!!!

Cheers, Hans.

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by audacium » Tuesday 11 November 2003, 23:42

Is it not possible to delay the meeting a little bit? I think for most German students (and there are several in this forum I suppose) this date will be difficult to accomodate because of their studies - mostly end of semester exams take place at the end of January or beginning of February - including me :( .
And for the "working population" :) a later date should not make a big difference, if I am not wrong?

Greetings, Eduard.

McFussel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by McFussel » Thursday 13 November 2003, 19:18

Uuuuppss...........Sorry for mixing up the Names :oops:

So....the early Boarder gets the good Carves :D Well we allways are the first on the slopes....but the conditions as they are on the videos are hard to find.....

Are you comming to the carving Session on Lech???? Last Year this wasn´t sooo good....but I think they have learned and it is going to be better.....

Anyway....nice video with good music....we have done a video too, but not that great slopes and too much people....

Have a nice Day :roll:

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Thursday 13 November 2003, 19:31

McFussel wrote:Are you coming to the carving Session on Lech????
Yes! :arrow: Events
McFussel wrote:Anyway....nice video with good music....we have done a video too, but not that great slopes and too much people...
Show it please! What link? Or send it me, and we will give a link in this Forum! 8)

Patrice Fivat

Mphdemon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mphdemon » Thursday 13 November 2003, 21:18

where is this new Vid? Do u mean the most recent one on their website or is there another one? The ones on the website are awesome, I hope that there are more.
Chris

McFussel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by McFussel » Saturday 15 November 2003, 1:58

fivat wrote:
McFussel wrote:Are you coming to the carving Session on Lech????
Yes! :arrow: Events
McFussel wrote:Anyway....nice video with good music....we have done a video too, but not that great slopes and too much people...
Show it please! What link? Or send it me, and we will give a link in this Forum! 8)

Patrice Fivat
Well...since I saw the cool video...I took all the stuff we have and did a "re-cut"...it´s just a preview....At the Moment it´s about 180MB, so I will reduce the size and so on....

I will send it to you Fivat and hope you enjoy it...I have to learn a lot...

Had a discussion with a friend today...he is in the Video too - he destroys all the boards....he is like god on a board....different style then yours....jumping up 1m between the carves....crazy....
I bought myself a prototype from virus this year and new shoes....so the new constelation wasnt that good at the beginning....I had to try with the setup. So he told me to sell the Board again....
But I want to try harder and I´m shure I will get it right....

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Okay....I´m re-sizing the video an hope it´s cool :P

You will have it ;o)

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by audacium » Saturday 15 November 2003, 3:46

Hey McFussel,

did you try a Swoard already? Virus is very good, yes, but Swoard is for EC simply the best I have ever tried, really!!!! (I have ridden Virus boards before). You should try it - you'll be amazed!!! Do you join us at the Carving Session?
That is, maybe I am totally wrong about all these narrow boards and one can do EC with these boards as well, only I do not believe it, and I would like to see it with my own eyes. When I was in Soelden I never saw someone doing real EC....so far I have only seen Jacques and Patrice with the perfect style. For each style choose the suitable board - for EC choose Swoard!! :-)

Carve low, Blue Skies,

Eduard.

P.S.: Sorry if it is confusing what I write - I just come home from a party where I knew all the barkeepers - you know what I mean... :mrgreen:

McFussel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by McFussel » Saturday 15 November 2003, 9:31

Grueziiiii

Yes, maybe, that for EC the Swoard ist the best - no doubt. But It is not really my intention to go down that extreme - if you will see the video, you will see what´s fun for me....
Doing Carves on slopes with people....on narrow slopes even with bumps in it....

What I lke on the EC is the look.....If Patrice or Jaques are lying down its great....but where is the dynamics?? I´ve choosen a little different steyle for me....

I´m not shure if virus is the best, Pogo is very good too and Trans....but my face always looks like the virus when I´m in the snow....

But....I STILL HAVE TO LEARN AND TO TRY.....so it is not so important to THE right board....try, learn, try, learn......

:wink:

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by audacium » Saturday 15 November 2003, 11:04

Hi McFussel

> But It is not really my intention to go down that extreme 8O
How can one NOT want to go down like J&P ??? :D :mrgreen:

Just kidding :D, I think I know what you mean. EC is a very fluid, elegant style with the ultimate goal of as little movements of arms, body etc. as possible- a state of "flow" has to be achieved. In the end one almost becomes part of the snow and the slope - the natural evolution of snowboarding :P .
Thus, it is rather not, I would dare say, a "racing style" with aggressive turns, stops or jumps, doing around slalom around skiers and sitting boarder kiddies :-). As the Swoard is amazingly versatile it will work even there, but true, a rather narrow board with short radius will give a totally different feeling (e.g. Virus Nightmare, a really cool board in certain situations :evil2: )

So, if you want to learn you should definitely come to Lech at the Carving Session and have a look on J&P yourself - for me it was very revealing!!

Greetings, Eduard.

McFussel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by McFussel » Saturday 15 November 2003, 11:30

Jo mei....recht hot er ;o)

Yo, think you are right....for me right now it is fun to go on narrow slopes into real agressive carving...this is what I want to learn....
If you see EC...you cant do that on a crowded slope with bumpes...it is looking marvelous, but on real life slopes, I dont think you can do that....

But when we all meet in Lech I will see and learn ;o) Be shure !!

:P :P :P

Hope my video is placed here....send it today to Patrice :twisted:

PS.: Kann sein, das ich ab Jan oder so in München wohne :wink:

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Saturday 15 November 2003, 16:53

McFussel, of course the Swoard is also excellent for carving and aggressive carving! On crowded slopes with bumps, you can do "normal" carving with short and dynamic turns. The construction, the core and the ATC Matrix makes this board amazing. The style of the carver (cool or aggressive... "inclined" or "laid") is something else.

Well... this is only blabla :-) . Now it's time to meet on the snow. I'm looking forward to seeing you testing the Swoard in Lech. What will you think about its versatility and reactivity?

In the meantime you can (re-)read the Feedback. I like these extracts:
"Snappy Flex
When doing smaller radius turns with moderate speed, I really noticed that the board had a snappy feeling that popped the rider into the next turn. Combine this with a timely leg extension and the Swoard felt like it had a booster rocket attached.
"
"Versatility
The Extremecarver has found a great balance between power and all mountain versatility. At times I felt like I was on a race board that was tracking on a rail. The next minute, when in deeper snow or moguls, I felt like I was on an all mountain board that had a large nose.
"

Patrice Fivat