Flashing News - Black Pearl Raceboards

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Flashing News - Black Pearl Raceboards

Post by Schneewurm » Monday 15 September 2008, 9:07

Flashing News
Black Pearl Snowboards -
a new raceboard-brand just now on market

The WorldCup riders Philip & Simon Schoch inventing together with Marc Iselin a new raceboard brand: the black pearls!
see: http://blackpearlsnowboard.com/

This are raceboards for slalom and giant slalom courses. With a prototype of them, last spring, the swiss GS-championship was won. (allover it was a secret project, up to the last days) The focus will also be at the growing Japanese market.
Stuff will be available only at direct order at a pricetag of SFr. 1300.-.
No items for sale to public poeple for this winter, orderings for 2009/2010 will be o.k.
Promotion tour/camps in several swiss resorts are coming soon.

now Kessler's are out - BLACK PEARLS are hip!
Attachments
black-pearl.jpg
black-pearl.jpg (23.19 KiB) Viewed 9006 times
Gliding on Snowboards,
like Pogo, Kessler, Virus, Hot, Nidecker and others,
from 151 up to 183 cm and 14 to 27.4 cm width,
covering any kind of shapes with
any kind of boots and bindings.

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

interesting

Post by nils » Monday 15 September 2008, 20:49

thnx for the news....very cut nose :)
Wishing them success!
N

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Tuesday 16 September 2008, 8:28

I thought that was the tail.... but if it is a nose, then indeed it has a strange shape....

The Blitz
Rank 5
Rank 5

;-)

Post by The Blitz » Tuesday 16 September 2008, 9:11

 - 168XH Pro - Custom Dual 168H - Swallow Undertakeur 185

-- Tignes 19 au 25 mars --

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Tuesday 16 September 2008, 9:16

looks ugly, but this is the matter of choice :-) does this nose shape give any advantages?
i`m learning

Transistor Rhythm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Transistor Rhythm » Tuesday 16 September 2008, 12:49

I like the nose. It looks radical. Almost like it isn't going to work.

What's the plate system? Is it just repainted black or is it factory? The middle one doesn't seem to have it.

everts72
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by everts72 » Tuesday 16 September 2008, 12:56

I think that plates are Vist plates which are made from plastic. If i don't have right, correct me.
Big pants, duck stance… No chance!

kurtsk8
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kurtsk8 » Tuesday 16 September 2008, 13:35

little question : the nose like that is for better switch riding? :)
"I miei sci sbattono, vibrano, sbandano. Io no."

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Tuesday 16 September 2008, 13:51

I guess this kind of a nose gives a longer effective edge, but might be more vulnerable when it comes to bumpes / unevennesses of the slope. But I might be wrong.... anyway, we have a few board constructors here, and they should know better than I, right?

Transistor Rhythm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Transistor Rhythm » Wednesday 17 September 2008, 13:25

starikashka wrote::)) Buhaha :))))
It looks like hunting opening - many hunters in Russia are making the choice to take the rifle and cartridges to first hunt or not :-) but in any case this is only used to shoot empty vodka bottles :-)

Alex :-) you and Silber just too lazy to utilize party possibilities for 100% - that is the reason of your ability to carve early morning :-) we can check that :-)))))

Istvan :-) are you joining me and pokkis? 28.11-9.12 ?
So you have forests full of drunk people wielding guns at the same time? Sounds like fun! There's definitely an element of danger to make it worthwile 8)

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Schneewurm » Thursday 18 September 2008, 10:28

It's just amazing how fast (about one day) my message jumped over, to the German Virus-carvers from the Pistenschlitzers up to the US- Bombers. Amazing, poeple wish there this Raceboarders join the FCM-2009 in Sölden, just for getting more boards for test on place then poeple on place who are testing boards.
Behind this small scene, about much more then 100'000 poeples in Switzerland has known since Years (about 4 or 5) the Schoch Brothers will launch a new brand of raceboards.

Most amazing for me, is how now all the experts on the forums speculate! E.G. they talk everywhere from three boardmakers in Zurich - but there are not only three, there are seven! (not counted are all the others boardmakers, focused at freestyl-freeride boards only!)

Seven? Yes seven, what else? Why do you think Zurich is rated as the most powerfull economic city and rated as best living quality from all over any European city?
Look up here!

..very cut nose:
The nose is not realy new, two winters before (summer/autumn 2006) You could see this type of a nose on the slopes on training areas from the WorldCup-riders.
And beside, this shape of nose was first seen in winter 1996/97 on raceboards for GS in 168 cm and 175 cm length. (brand and type? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: no-no it was not on Kessler's)

Also Nidecker is producing such nearly/ similiar noses, since a view years (hold just one of this boards Yesterday in my hands, at a pricetag of SFr. 150.-). But its on snowboards for a totaly different use then for carving and for poeples they are so flexible, its the easyest thing for them, to close a front-trigger on a plate-binding! :badgrin:
Gliding on Snowboards,

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Thursday 18 September 2008, 17:31

Schneewurm...it`s very interesting for all of us that enthusiasts makes new brands in time when some alpine board makers have economic troubles . :-)

This news was also discussed on russian forums - but nobody has raised a test wish yet :-) they afraid to fall over the nose :-)
i`m learning

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Schneewurm » Thursday 18 September 2008, 19:29

starikashka wrote:they afraid to fall over the nose
Thats not the problem. I remember me, asking me myself about the stump nose, that I rode Years ago a freestyle-board on Softboots in autumn on the glacier of Laax-Flims-Falera (Ski-area in Switzerland). I rent it for a day, but I don't remember exact, I think it was a Oxygen Classic or something else at 151-153 cm. The board was a freestyle twintip for jibbing and the lift of the nose and tail was less then on Pogo's asym boards. The shape was also very stump, not as like the new ones now, but enough stump to, but without prelift on the outer part before the nose.
Compared with a regular board it was similar to a 165 cm to ride (running lenght).

I rember me well because I carved there like flat (today this is called "Extreme Carving") with this board on a very hard surface (slope) and was feared about to crash to some clod of ice with that flat and stump nose. The resault of that was the thoughtlessness that I touched with my shoulder a clod of ice. That has given me a shooting pain. Otherwise a groupe of Skwalers have not been verry lucky about, than a "Freestyler" was carving flater then they does.

These nose works good on hard, perfect slopes. Don't use boards with this type of nose on deep wet snow -slopes or for crossing off-piste an old avalanche-field, they will work like a stick.
Boards with this nose are much quickier to enter in a new turn, like I felt it on the board above. They can compensate probable a bit the moment of inertia which is comming from dampening-plate-systems.
Gliding on Snowboards,