Important: Are there any female extremecarvers out there ?

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

What is your sex?

Female
18%
Male
82%

Total votes: 28

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

Important: Are there any female extremecarvers out there ?

Post by audacium » Friday 17 October 2003, 23:04

Hello all :-)

sounds silly perhaps, but I would like to know whether there are any female extremecarvers in this forum :D because the user profiles usually sound resp. read "male" to me...And on the pistes I usually only meet male hardbooters. :roll:
Thus, if there are no or only few female carvers here: Why is it so 8O ??? How can it be changed :?:
(If there are as many female carvers as male ones --> no problem, world order is ok :mrgreen: )

A not so serious (but still) male carver.

Blue Skies, Eduard. :P

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

I am a man, but........

Post by ablazespy » Saturday 18 October 2003, 19:50

Hi,

I am a man and voted, but one thing I can ensure at least one female is riding hardboots and she is my girl friend.

No, I have seen about 7 or 8 others women with HB in my time on the slopes. Not so much as it should be!! All you guys please pursuade the girls to "ride hard ones" :wink: :wink: :wink:

Cheers
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

chillaxin
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chillaxin » Sunday 19 October 2003, 0:12

my girlfriend also rides hardboots. She even owns a f2 beamer...

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Sunday 19 October 2003, 10:39

My wife rides on her Virus Lightning, Bastard 162, Prior WCR 155 custom and Prior 159 4wd :lol:
But luckily she lets me borrow Virus :D

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

my little sister

Post by skywalker » Tuesday 21 October 2003, 0:15

Of course I'm male, too. But I teached my little sister to Carve rather deeply and in one of the next years she will be riding better than me. That's hard ;)) I try to make everybody I meet a Hardbooter, just try it!

raphael
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by raphael » Tuesday 21 October 2003, 22:14

i'm so sorry i can't even convert my girlfriend to snowboarding.

:idea: if you have any idea on ways to make her leave alpine skiing for alpine snowboarding, i'd be very much interested. :)

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ablazespy » Tuesday 21 October 2003, 23:47

raphael,

just give her a narrow snowboard and say its a wide ski, and then tell her one is lost so she has to do it on one!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

no sorry just a joke. I know a lot of skiers do not want to switch to snowboarding because they dont want to learn every thing all over again. just let her try it out for a day, and pay the rental cost for her if she can look you strait into your eyes and say she did not like it.

Worked for me once so try

Cheers :twisted:

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by audacium » Wednesday 22 October 2003, 14:34

Thanks for all your replies so far, but my expectations regarding this forum have been fulfilled so far (unfortunately :cry: ) as there has not yet voted any women ...
I am glad to hear that there are still some female carvers even if they do not participate in this forum :D

ablazespy: I think one day will not suffice to persuade her of trying out both disciplines...when I think of my first days on the board ... uh oh quite painful ...

raphael
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by raphael » Wednesday 22 October 2003, 21:59

ablazespy & audacium > well, after all, learning is what i found cool; but i think she's different (girls are :wink: ). anyway i already tried the jokes , i even said i would buy her a board, but it still doesn't work, it may even be worse, as she would not be forced.

audacium, i think you're right, one day is not enough. actualy, i think the problem is we don't spend enough time a year on the snow. so we don't have that much time for learning or experimentation. and that's also a problem for my progresses in carving. :roll:

Loki
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Loki » Sunday 9 November 2003, 8:20

Well, I am definitely a chick :mrgreen: but I feel a bit guilty about voting because I can't really call myself an "extremecarver" yet....

I am still a freerider, and only an intermediate one at best, :oops: (well, I grew up in the tropics and have only been boarding about 10 days total!! lol) but I just luuuuurve carving (what carving I can do on a freeride board, anyway...) and I would love to buy an alpine board... so maybe one day...

So hopefully, once I get better (and convince my b/f that boarding is the way to go - I have the same problem you guys do!!) I might be able to hook up with all you ECers sometime... waaaaaaay in the future, no doubt!!! :lol: :lol: I'd be too shamed otherwise!! hehehe

See ya, and keep those carving vids coming.... it's food for the soul for those of us who can't do it ourselves.... :D

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Sunday 9 November 2003, 10:18

Welcome Loki! :-)

There are many female carvers around, but I think that they don't participate a lot in the forums... Maybe because the discussions are often technical. We should speak more about fashion, etc... Joking! :D

Now the crucial question: are there female extreme carvers?

I must admit that for many years I have never seen any girl (any woman :wink: ) making completely laid turns. My girl-friends were not great snowboarders (that's why I'm still not married ;-)). Probably they don't dare to lay down their body like we do.

If someone has pictures of a female extremecarver, please contact us, we will make a special page in this Web site. 8) We could also shoot pictures of any girl who is good at extremecarving :!:

Good news: about 4 girls have purchased SWOARD boards! OK, these boards are excellent for "normal" carving too, but I hope they will be also used for extremecarving.

Patrice Fivat

Alissa
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alissa » Monday 10 November 2003, 16:53

Hello, I´m female. And I think I´m the first female in this forum. I ride with hardboots quite a lot of years. I never ever had Softboots ( not even one minute).
And I just can say - I love it.

So, now you´ve got an answer on your question.

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by audacium » Monday 10 November 2003, 16:58

Excellent!! One always has to start counting at 1, this forum as well :D
So, thank you for your answer - good to see it is not a pure male forum here ...

And if you have never had softboots, you are probably the purest of pure hardbooters I have ever encountered :mrgreen: (in powder I ride with softboots)

Blue Skies, Eduard.

Alissa
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alissa » Monday 10 November 2003, 17:01

Ok, I just read fivats question exactly. And I think I have to write a liitle bit more. I can´t do very good lay down turns, but I´m training and hope that I can do it soon. My brother teaches me hard.
:wink:

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Monday 10 November 2003, 17:39

Welcome Alissa! :pray2:

Just by curiosity, how old are you? :wink:

Actually you are at least the fourth girl on this Forum:

- Anne-Marie Bélanger
- Daneille
- Loki
- Alissa