Important: Are there any female extremecarvers out there ?

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

What is your sex?

Female
18%
Male
82%

Total votes: 28

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by audacium » Monday 10 November 2003, 18:58

Alissa, just read the instructions on this page, watch the videos (at least twice a day, so the EC-drug will better show its effects :mrgreen:), treat yourself to something good and get a Swoard :badgrin: - you will soon succeed!

If you have time, then join us at the Carving-Session (www.carving-session.com) in Lech at the beginning of december - at least five extremecarvers with a Swoard are going to be present, especially the masters Jacques and Patrice themselves as well...!

Greetings, Eduard.

Alissa
Rank 3
Rank 3

oh..

Post by Alissa » Tuesday 11 November 2003, 16:01

Oh, I think I have quite a lot to do now. But I allready watched the videos and read the instructions. And next weekend I´ll go to Pitztal and then I´ll be happy :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :roll: :roll:

I´m not sure if I have time in Decembre.....

Daneille
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Daneille » Tuesday 11 November 2003, 19:16

Okay, I'm a girl too and read all the time. I really enjoy the tech conversations I just don't have much to add. At our house I am also the one who takes care of the boards, waxing etc. I read a lot at Bomberonline too but just let the guys slug it out :roll:
Daneille

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Hi Kleine Schwester

Post by skywalker » Tuesday 11 November 2003, 22:23

but just let the guys slug it out
Well Daneille, I think this is a very wise decision which might work in many situations *LOL*.

So now I think, I will have to go to Lech with my little sister Alissa ;)) Be prepared!

Hi Kleine, Du hast deutlich viel mehr nachzulesen als ich am Anfang. Da standen hier vielleicht 10% der Posts. Aber denk dran: Das hier ist nur blabla, was zählt ist auf der Piste! Und da sind die links auf der Fahrtechnik-Seite zehnmal wichtiger ;)

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by audacium » Tuesday 11 November 2003, 23:31

Heh, sag nichts gegen meinen Post, ja ?! :snooty: :mrgreen:
"Blabla", von wegen. Das ist wichtige Hintergrundforschung!!

:D

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Fußball...

Post by skywalker » Saturday 22 November 2003, 18:35

Hi Eduard,

eins muß ich noch loswerden: Im Fußball heißt das: Was zählt ist auf dem Platz. :chinese: Daher das umgemodelte Zitat. Und mit blabla meine ich schlicht alles, was einem so den lieben langen Tag erzählt wird. Du kannst hier tippseln und lesen so viel Du willst, Du wirst nicht besser davon ;)

One thing I want to add: In German soccer you say: What counts is on the field, which is not very good English, but it's rather bad German, too. It's one of Sepp Herbergers eternal wisdoms like "The ball is round" or "a game lasts 90 Minutes" *LOL*. As you can see, soccer is a sport for the extremely intelligent ;).

the blabla I wrote about means everything people are telling you through a long day. One can read and write as much as he wants, but he won't become e better snowboarder by this. That's why ist's all blabla :vamp:

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by audacium » Saturday 22 November 2003, 19:05

Hey, hey, we are joking here - the post was not meant to be extremely serious :D - so no problem.

But I disagree to your last sentence. One can IMHO indeed become a better snowboarder by reading, talking, thinking etc., even without (!) practising (for some time). Sounds silly? I would even dare say that a large part of advances can be done by "pre-thinking" a certain technique, visualizing it correctly and building "images for the mind".
When done properly this is very helpful: It has to be trained, but once properly applied one can think about a certain change one wants to get in his technique, and next time one gets on the snowboard the technique *has* changed. Not a miracle, just applied psychology.
And from a certain level on it is (at least in professional sports) even the only way to further improve, I think. Many professional athletes spent hours per day just visualizing the movements, feeling of the muscles etc. before going out and practising.
Of course, at some point one has to practise these mental images, and the ultimate goal is to do all this out in the snow :mrgreen: and not only sitting in front of the computer, thinking of EC :-)
One can discuss whether we have arrived at this level already. We are not professional athletes, yes, but just thinking a lot is not lost time or somewhat esoteric, I would argue (based on my own experiences in my earlier "high level" sports career).
What is mostly done - "ad hoc" thinking, if at all, on the slope during the ride, will take much longer to improve style and probably not lead to similar good results.

Greetz and Blue Skies, Eduard.

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by skywalker » Saturday 22 November 2003, 21:07

Hi Eduard,

First of all I want to tell you, that I'm not takin this serious at all. It's just blabla :tongue: . I know, that You are right, it's possible to improve your technique by mental training: visualizing, feeling, thinking about the logic.

anyway, the level of our riding in my opinion is one of the reasons why I think, there's little improvement by blabla. But there are many others: Me and I think most of the guys here spend about 14 days a year on the slopes. So the main problem tends to be the feeling for the snow. Most of us are not thinking not enough about carving but practising not enough.

Another reason is, that there is no focussed training on internet, it's more confusion and diversion than concentration. :silly: But I do some mental training, even in summer, but very much at this time, and thanks to this I am better at the beginning of this season than I was at the end of the last. And I do dare everybody out there, to imagine, how carving, especially extremecarving feels.

Hope to see you at Lech. Then there will be plenty of time to discuss about this ;)

regards

Tom

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by audacium » Saturday 22 November 2003, 21:26

I will be at Lech for sure - then I will see whether my visualization since the last time has helped something :-)

By the way: Do you know what the 77 Euros (without lodge) are for, apart from drinks and party :mrgreen:? Is the included ski pass only for this one separated slope or does it include all slopes in Lech (normaler Tagespass)? If you do not know I will write to the organisation team and get info. I ask because probably some friends will join me the weekend, and as they mostly are skiers or softbooters I would like to take some rides with them on the other slopes...

See you in two weeks,

Eduard.

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Eduard

Post by nils » Sunday 23 November 2003, 0:39

Well not so much info about Lech, but I assume the pass includes all slopes :). No idea what costs include since we pay for the whole package deal...
Cheers

Nils

regulator
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by regulator » Wednesday 26 November 2003, 22:16

hi everybody
i'm female and i know how to carve. i just picked up my new board today and i can hardly wait to ride it. soon there will be the carving session in Lech, and i'm definitly there.
see you all there
regualtor

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by audacium » Wednesday 26 November 2003, 22:42

Yes, would be nice to meet you all in Lech, only if there will be snow - they have already postponed the start of the wintersaison to Dec. 5th :(

Now let's hope weather will become more boarder-friendly in the next week :D

Greetings, Eduard.

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Hey Eduard

Post by skywalker » Wednesday 26 November 2003, 23:43

Hi,

first of all: Prices include the use of all pistes in the area! So 77.- is rather cheap for two days, without the carving-session-extras it would cost 73 ;))

Another point: It started snowing today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :roll: :roll: :wink: :roll: :roll: :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by audacium » Wednesday 26 November 2003, 23:47

I like both parts of your answer 8) !

Eduard.