A review

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

A review

Post by Hans » Friday 28 March 2008, 0:00

Here stood a review, but some persons overhere don't appreciate that a forum is a gathering from positive minds. Happy summer season :wink:

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

interesting

Post by nils » Friday 28 March 2008, 7:12

shorter with bigger radius could be the new development area for alpine boards...why carry 200cm boards with slow movement ability ( fast speed but slow agility) when you can have snap and fun on a smaller board....

thnx
Nils

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Friday 28 March 2008, 10:04

yep, shorter boards allow you do the same and even more :-) this season some guys in Russia have ordered custom boards 158 cm lenght and 12 m radius. People who ride those boards were extremely impressed by this performance :-) here it is

But remember :-) board just helps good rider to show his good technique
Attachments
dsc_1456_std.jpg
dsc_1456_std.jpg (24.23 KiB) Viewed 5833 times
i`m learning

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Review Coiler Schtubby X2

Post by RicHard » Friday 28 March 2008, 10:12

Hans wrote:Crowdy icy passages are no prob for this board....

The board laughs at icy patches. You just draw a line through it without skidding or shattering...

Bumpy snow or ice is no issue for this board...
Could you post (even short) video of such performances?
I'm always skeptic when I read that a board is very suitable for everything... especially when the rider define himself not a very experienced rider and I read that "board laugh at icy patches"...

8O
_RicHard
Kessler The Alpine 168 - FTWO Speester RS Proto 179 (2012) - Burton Fire boots

Freecarver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Freecarver » Friday 28 March 2008, 18:29

Richard,

I thought that when Hans, mentioned that "board laugh at icy patches" meant that even for his riding level the board excels.

I know that you're a frequent reader of BOL forums and you shouldn't have a doubt of this board ability as it's a flagship of the alpine community in the other side of the pond.

As for me unfortunately I haven't had the chance of riding it yet. I hope this or the next weekend I'll do and then you'll have a second opinion together with my other metal boards that I have in my quiver which I've already ridden.

Mine,Hans,and Shred's boards are the first ones and followed by decades of others they developed by Bruce with different sidecuts and lengths made by measure for each rider.
And one by one selling their excess quiver for just this board?

Didn't all these fellow carvers reviews at BOL make you a believer yet?
It's sounds odd to me.:think:

Here's the latest review on Schtubbies.

Anyway here's another version of smaller sidecut Schtubby that I rode.
Reviews shortly......From a crappy rider......
Attachments
Coiler 172 AM T Schtubby.jpg
Coiler 172 AM T Schtubby.jpg (17.7 KiB) Viewed 6251 times

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Saturday 29 March 2008, 0:29

tobsinger
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tobsinger » Saturday 29 March 2008, 6:25

that's a shame!

:roll:

got no time to get into details, why i don't think this behaviour does any good, b/c I'm on the way to enjoy my Swoard. :wink:
Coiler Turnschtubbie 171, Head Stratos

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Saturday 29 March 2008, 18:59

Freecarver wrote:Richard,

I thought that when Hans, mentioned that "board laugh at icy patches" meant that even for his riding level the board excels.

I know that you're a frequent reader of BOL forums and you shouldn't have a doubt of this board ability as it's a flagship of the alpine community in the other side of the pond.

As for me unfortunately I haven't had the chance of riding it yet. I hope this or the next weekend I'll do and then you'll have a second opinion together with my other metal boards that I have in my quiver which I've already ridden.

Mine,Hans,and Shred's boards are the first ones and followed by decades of others they developed by Bruce with different sidecuts and lengths made by measure for each rider.
And one by one selling their excess quiver for just this board?

Didn't all these fellow carvers reviews at BOL make you a believer yet?
It's sounds odd to me.:think:

Anyway here's another version of smaller sidecut Schtubby that I rode.
Reviews shortly......From a crappy rider......
Dear freecarver, I've nothing to complain with the quality of such boards.
But I'm always fighting against people that after a couple of days of riding, buy a good board and tell to everyone that they "laugh at icy patches", that they suddenly get rid of black, icy and crowded slopes carving them (I can tell you where someone tell this on this forum!)...
This statements make people misunderstand what really happen, putting them in the neverending search of the perfect board while they should search for their better technique.
I've nothing to say about quality of the boards (but... ehm... why are you defending them so bravely when noone attacked them? ;)).
I've got to say a lot about a way of "screaming" performance of somebody's new toy.
Just because this could make many people think (wrongly) that with a bad technique and a good board they can "laugh at icy patches".
That's why I asked to post a video.
Not to prove that the board is not good but to prove that, in order to laugh at icy patches, both the rider and the board has to be very GOOD. ;)
Otherwise... we are just reading some words with NO REALITY in them. :)
Just this.
_RicHard

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Saturday 29 March 2008, 19:31

talks about board is always subjective :-) RicHard, you better to fight with wind driven mills :-)

Good board making your ride easier, but of cource this require certain tech level from rider :-) I think most of readers understand that :-) those who don`t - will understand it later by getting priceless experience.
i`m learning

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Saturday 29 March 2008, 19:44

starikashka wrote:talks about board is always subjective :-) RicHard, you better to fight with wind driven mills :-)
You're right: is subjective. That's why I want to underline that, often, enthusiasm for a new board can lead persons to write things that are "a little bit" exhagerated...
;)
When I read something like this, I like to write my opinion about.
Or... is there a reason that I should be silent for?
:D
_RicHard

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Saturday 29 March 2008, 21:45

there a couple of reasons for you not to be silent.
1. to be a plug for every hole
2. person who consider your opinion useful

try this particular board and post a review, so we will look :-) this would be fair :-)
i`m learning

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Sunday 30 March 2008, 17:26

starikashka wrote:there a couple of reasons for you not to be silent.
1. to be a plug for every hole
2. person who consider your opinion useful

try this particular board and post a review, so we will look :-) this would be fair :-)
I don't understand nor what you mean neither who you are referring to (please, quote ;))...
If you are referring to me, I can then answer... I wouldn't answer to a question for someone else...
:)
_RicHard