bomber or phiokka

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

SITO
Rank 5
Rank 5

bomber or phiokka

Post by SITO » Tuesday 30 September 2003, 17:30

hi. for all the people of this site the winter is here soon.
For the next season I want to buy an bindings phiokka or bomber somebody can advise me which of this bindings are better?

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

hmm hard answer

Post by nils » Tuesday 30 September 2003, 17:42

Since I believe people that tried both are VERY rare.. We ride currently bomber TD1 and like it. The Phiokka is used in the world cup by many riders. It looks very nice and strong. It all depends on what you intend to do: i guess the phiokka has more settings for canting, lift etc, but the bomber has a good bail system which will not permit it to break so...
We'll try to test them this winter and give feedback.

Nils

SITO
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SITO » Tuesday 30 September 2003, 18:54

HI NILS
the unic problem that I think about bomber is that this bindings have bumpers for amortiguation which are of nylon and whith the pass of the time this mateial is deteriorated the problem will be find this pieces if this factory closed because the hard material is very dificult to find in this time.
This is the problem that I had whith other pieces of the boots or of the other bindings because today there are a few material

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Tuesday 30 September 2003, 19:26

Those Bomber bumbers are very long lasting, mine are from year 97 or 98 (need to check when i dig my board out of storage later this week) and there are no marks any kind that they would need to be replaced and i'm quite active rider.

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Sito

Post by nils » Tuesday 30 September 2003, 20:32

You can order urethane bumpers in bigger quantities if you are afraid!
I doubt Fin's factory is going to close: he is becoming the leader of the pack in the binding business worldwide so shouldn't leave us crying for parts! So you would still be able to order any part on the internet and receive it within a week whereever you are in the world! neat!

Phiokka is made in italy, and there should also be a good way to find parts. You have to ask them who is their distributor and where they are in your country ( or order direct to them: online)

Nils