FreeCarving-Masters Festival in Sölden (1.May)

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Pogokoenig
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Pogokoenig » Tuesday 4 March 2008, 13:31

Some information on the Festival:

Gold-Pass costs 7 € and is for all participants of the fun-contest

Silver Pass costs 5 € and is for all participants, who don’t want to take part at the fun-contest but enjoy the session.

Please note: Prices for Access-Passes are an early-bird offer. At the event we will raise 8 € for gold passes and 6 € for silver passes.

WHY DO WE RAISE A FEE?

We invest a lot of time for making the Festival a great success. We do this on a non-commercial basis in our spare time. Besides the organization of the event itself, this includes creating and maintaining the website, talking to Sponsors, administration of the subscriptions etc. But there are things we cannot contribute by ourselves. On our opinion these things are inevitable for creating a professional appearance in the public, i.e. posters, flyers and the access passes which are given to you as a souvenir for the event. Please try to imagine the following situation: (We are in the year 2058. You are about 85 years old, sitting in your big living room in a huge leather arm chair. On the wall over the chimney, right beside the head of the by-own-hand-killed-tiger hangs a golden framed poster of the first Freecarving-Masters Festival. In the year 2058, the FCM will have replaced the Olympic games and you have been with it from the first second on. Every day you have to tell you 16 grandchildren about the heroes from that time.) Hello wake up! Before that you have to pay the ridiculous 5 or 7 Euros.

We do not take one penny of that fee for ourselves. Transparency is important and we will completely make public every penny we spend. If there is an excess of money, we will spend it for supporting the next carving-session.

Furthermore you get something for your money: High-quality Lanyards, with 16mm Carving-Masters straps. We are in talks with our partners for giving participants a preferred treatment and we are in talks with the Soelden gastronomy for special offer. For the “Racers” there will be nice rewards. Last but not least we provide the first 150 subscribers with 2 posters and 3 postcards.

HOW TO SUBSCRIBE?

Send a mail to festival@carving-masters.de and subscribe with your name, nickname and type of access pass (gold/ silver). After that, you will receive an email with the bank details and the participant-fee. Please transfer the fee via IBAN and give us the permission to list your nickname on this homepage. If you want to receive the passes in advance to the festival, please add another 1.75€ to the amount. Posters and postcards are distributed at the Festival.

Please check the NEWS/ INFOS regularly. We keep you updated to the festival.
Virus Berserker Zylon, Pogo Blitz, Rad Air Tanker 182, Burton Johann, Elho Freestyle Overall und nen Son of Hibachi - Wer als Handkäs geborn iss, werd sei lebtach kaan Gorgonzola - Oma Hesselbach

www.carving-masters.de

Pace
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pace » Tuesday 4 March 2008, 13:48

to bad I cant be there, but I hope a lot will join the chicken run
ich bin wie ich bin, die einen kennen mich, die andern können mich. (ehm. Bundeskanzler Adenauer)

McFussel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by McFussel » Wednesday 12 March 2008, 14:42

Only 6 Gold Cards left - so urry up if you want to join the contest!
Don´t ride the chicken line!

http://www.carving-masters.de

Alex

Post by Alex » Sunday 16 March 2008, 19:23

I need some explanation about the rules of contest:

>>The participants choose their own line on a carving-slope with obstacles, jumps and
>>banks. The run is judged by a jury. The most stylish run wins.
[from http://www.carving-masters.de/news.html page]

I'm able to do extreme carving down the Rettenbach-Glacier, but without jumps and other evolutions 8O so... which type of evolution are required ?
Thanks
Swoard PRO 168M 00001, 3G 168H
F2 Race Titanium
UPZ RC10, UPZ ATB

frunobulax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by frunobulax » Monday 17 March 2008, 9:35

That's up to you. AFAIK you don't need to go over the jumps and obstacles. You can choose your own line.
But I'd guess that "simple" extremecarving will not be enough to win the contest... :twisted: Try and be creative....

McFussel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by McFussel » Monday 17 March 2008, 22:08

Sorry....Gold passes are OUT...... :lol:

You still can get the silver passes!!!
Don´t ride the chicken line!

http://www.carving-masters.de

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Monday 5 May 2008, 18:41

Hey guys :-) who i did met on the slopes?

Remember Alex, two guys from Germany and long hair guy from Holland - they had a SWOARDs

And many frosen-backside members - this was a good event - keep going, :-)

P.S. Pogokoenig are you ok?

P.P.S. - broke my finger, that`s good because small injury
i`m learning

janM
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by janM » Tuesday 6 May 2008, 0:13

hi starikashka, one of the german swoarders was me. As it seemed to be an injury- besides a carving-contest... got a bloody heel as allways - in spite of using tape. But that's nothing compaired to partially fractured legs, broken fingers and torn ligaments.
X-| nüscht

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Tuesday 6 May 2008, 6:48

:-) ok. looking forward to the next year :-)
i`m learning

tobsinger
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tobsinger » Wednesday 7 May 2008, 8:21

and i was the other swoarder, allthough i was using different brands too. I remember we were sitting in the gondola together.

see you next year, i hope, or better, next season, this year!
Great event! many thanks too the guys who put this up!

too bad swoard didn't participate i would have liked to test the other flexes and lengths in comparisson to some other manufacturers. they definitely need to come to the next CM.

greez
tobsinger.
Coiler Turnschtubbie 171, Head Stratos

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Wednesday 7 May 2008, 10:43

Yes, I also like to try SWOARD as i did not get in Zinal this year. There were very few extremecarvers on that event, should be more as this is FREECARVING festival - i did not feel any negative reaction from the guys who ride narrow boards. Hope that next year SWOARD team will participate.

Soviet communists had a motto - proletarian of all countries - unite! :-) so, unite parties vere a great fun :-) Carvers should learn that :-)
i`m learning

Alex

Post by Alex » Wednesday 7 May 2008, 11:02

starikashka wrote:There were very few extremecarvers on that event, should be more as this is FREECARVING festival
Hi starikashka...the festival was wonderful... I like solden very much because is one of the the best glacier, and sometimes soon in the morning it's possible make extremecarving down the rettenbach :twisted:
At the end these 4 days were amazing, I knew many excellent carvers but the snow condition were not the best to do extreme carving, because the snow was too soft and there are too many bumps...very dangerous for the shoulders! But Saturday in the morning it was possible for 2 hours make "ec" and Sunday the snow became compact so the entire morning was good for ec 8)
Swoard PRO 168M 00001, 3G 168H
F2 Race Titanium
UPZ RC10, UPZ ATB

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Wednesday 7 May 2008, 12:50

Hi Alex :-) was glad to meet you :-) You need to help us to convince SWOARD team to join FCM next year :-)

Snow was not that perfect but still it was good :-) I did like slope 31 since second day :-)my first run was auwful - no any linked turn was made :-) then it gets better and better :)
i`m learning