f2 s-flex?

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

trp7
Rank 5
Rank 5

f2 s-flex?

Post by trp7 » Wednesday 23 January 2008, 17:09

someone tried or bought silent flex? How's it going?

Drew
Rank 3
Rank 3

Would also be interested to know about this....

Post by Drew » Saturday 1 March 2008, 22:14

I was also interested in this for a solution to increase bend of the board bend under the bindings rather than having that strong titanium plate attached directly to the board. Also to transmit the presure to the edges of the board.
I didn't notice anyone at the ECS'08 with this system so I guess they are not so popular.

Also, does anyone know what the Elan system is called that was at the Tool Tonic stand on the freeride, these 2 bars that go under the bindings? Has anyone tried that sort of thing on the Swoard? What are they like?

Also, has anyone experienced the raised F2 Intex Race Titanium bindings? Is it any good and is there anywhere where you can buy just the raises without the bindings so I can modify my current F2 Intec Titan?

Cheers.

Drew.

ngsam
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ngsam » Sunday 2 March 2008, 15:32

Drew wrote:Also, has anyone experienced the raised F2 Intex Race Titanium bindings?
I guess, do you think about the Intec race titanflex binding ?

I planned to test these bindings next year but I think that this will not be the best bindings for EC.
They are by my opinion really to high. At least 3-4 cm higher than a standard plate but I think that the choc absorbsion seems to be really good and more confortable than a standard Intec race titanium bindings.

Need to be tested...
SWOARD
EXTREMECARVER GEN 1 161 S + 161M
EXTREMECARVER GEN 3 161 M
DUAL 158
HEAD STRATOS PRO sont trop belle et font trop pas mal aux pieds
F2 RACE TITANIUM/

Drew
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Drew » Sunday 2 March 2008, 17:00

Hi.
Thanks for the reply.
On the F2.com site they have the "Race" and "Carve" sections for bindings. Under "Race" they are the "Intec Titanium". I think they are basically the same as the "Intec Titanflex" only they have these rubber pads underneath them. It DOES however say in the information section for these bindings that they are good for Race and Extreme Carving.
ngsam wrote:They are by my opinion really to high.
I have heard this mentioned before in several places. I can also say that I feel more comfortable closer to the board but what is the reason for height being more of an issue with EC than with race?
Cheers.
Drew.

ngsam
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ngsam » Sunday 2 March 2008, 17:12

As all here know me and Intec system is a really great love story. That's the reason why i planned to test the race titanflex with the intec system.
I had a discussion with Jack about a problem I had this winter season.

Unfortunatly, I cannot ride with Intec anymore. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Since the beginning of this winter season I had some problem with the front knee. For me the left one. I tested so many knuckle and cream counter the pain.
Ialso tested anti-inflammatory drug and unfortunately the only thing which removed me this pain is to ride with my the race titanium. :cry: :cry:

So I asked jack about the titanflex and the choc absorbsion bla bla bla

I received a very very long answer and to resume Jack's answer = No it's not good too ride with to high bindings for EC.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
SWOARD
EXTREMECARVER GEN 1 161 S + 161M
EXTREMECARVER GEN 3 161 M
DUAL 158
HEAD STRATOS PRO sont trop belle et font trop pas mal aux pieds
F2 RACE TITANIUM/