compte-rendu du Québec

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

pele
Rank 0
Rank 0

compte-rendu du Québec

Post by pele » Friday 22 March 2002, 21:19

Salut les EUROS,

Comment se porte le carving chez vous ?

Au Québec le nombre de nos boutiques de carve a diminué de 50%
depuis 3 ans. Le foutu freestyle des AMARICAINS n'a pas cessé
de prendre du terrain, mais comme nos conditions sont très
HARD PACK, il s'apprête mal aux pentes d'ici.

Merci aux sites comme EXTREMECARVING pour réénergiser tout
le monde.

asta luego,

Montréal

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Same problem in Europe

Post by fivat » Saturday 23 March 2002, 6:56

Hi pele,

I reply in english to be undestood by everyone.

Yes, we have the same problem in Europe: it's harder and harder to find carve stuff. Most of the shops sell freestyle/freeride equipment.

This season is really bad in Switzerland, and some shops have financial problems because the sale has been small. They should not have renounced to sale apline stuff :x

It's paradoxical, the snow on the slopes is hard packed or icy 90% of the time (especially this season) and many riders use soft equipment. We see them sideslipping and avoiding the jumps: it must be really boring.

So alpine (new school! :lol: ) could grow again.

Lay down!

-Patrice Fivat

yomama
Rank 5
Rank 5

Yo....from California

Post by yomama » Monday 25 March 2002, 17:29

Yo Pele,

Ca va pas pire ?

I wish there were more awsome carvers here in California like Patrice, Jacques and.....PELE !!!

Regarding shops with alpine gear: there are none !!

Yomama (Petaire)

Pistol
Rank 0
Rank 0

News from Tremblant in Quebec

Post by Pistol » Monday 30 December 2002, 17:35

Salut les Copins....
Hi Carvers...
I've recently joined the forum and found the Extreme Carving web site by pure accident and enjoying the camaraderies. I am a recycled ski instructor of 30 years that got bored with parabolics but really enjoyed the turning feeling. I am unfortunately not as good as some of the carvers that I've seen at Tremblant. Although I've surprised myself (when the conditions are right) while making a toe side turn, how close the snow was to my nose!!!

Glad to see that I am not the only one to enjoy this great turning feeling. I've been noticing that the younger boarders are asking more and more questions about the carving turns, the equipment and where they can get deals. The interest in carving at the Tremblant (www.tremblant.ca) mountain seems to come from our olympic champ, Jaycee Jay.

To the creators of this forum and to the creators of this web site, PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I mentionned the site to our local Snowboard school director (Pierre Verot) who was super enthousiastic about this site.

I hope we will see a revival of the alpine snowboarding trend.
Pistol Pete from Tremblant

The Rock
Rank 0
Rank 0

Another Quebecer

Post by The Rock » Saturday 8 February 2003, 15:17

Hello everybody, I am also from Quebec and this is my first time. I had a comment about Mt Tremblant. I only have the opportunity to go on weekends and in March when the spring breaks are about to start. I went 3 times last year and there were so many people that it was impossible to carve anywhere, furthermore by 1000-1030 the runs are full of moguls. I did not find it to be a good carving location. I guess its mostly a question of timing for the crowds.
Laurent