PROBLEM WITH BACKSIDE

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

SITO
Rank 5
Rank 5

PROBLEM WITH BACKSIDE

Post by SITO » Friday 23 May 2003, 16:44

Helloo to all the peole of this site it´s fantastic.Ihave a problem with backside turn.I haven´t any problem with frontside turn and Ican touch the snow very good but in backside turn I can´t touch the snow .
Can say me somebody some tricks to touch the snow in this turn?
THANKS AND SALUTS FOR ALL THE PEOPLE.

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Backside

Post by RicHard » Friday 25 July 2003, 16:52

The best suggestion you can have is to have a movie of your carves!
Then you will understand what's wrong.
Mainly, the most common error are the straight legs.
The most common error touching the snow in the frontside carve is the bending at the waist instead of the angulate all knees, waist and ankles.

Believe me: a movie could solve every problem...
Ciao!
_RicHard

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by audacium » Friday 25 July 2003, 18:18

Yes, a movie would help. Your problem is a very common one, and there have been several posts already, I would check previous posts to see for more information. In my opinion it is a question of routine. I think most people prefer and get on better with frontside because it seems to the body to be better controlled. On backside your body gets the impression of "falling" down (no one likes to fall, but even less on the backside where you cannot see where you are falling to), and so there is an internal blockade at the beginning. Through gradual training this blockade will be overcome - your body gets accustomed to "falling" on the backside and does not involuntarily stop you from doing so.
At least, these were my experiences. A little bit like on a motorcycle where in the beginning one does not manage to get really deep in curves because it seems dangerous...
But let us know - how can you be so lucky to carve now? Where is snow? Here in Germany I do not even bother going to the glacier as it is so hot...

Greetings, Eduard.