EC video "Lifted": sport winner in a festival

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

EC video "Lifted": sport winner in a festival

Post by fivat » Thursday 20 September 2007, 12:04

:arrow: Festival "Digifestival": www.digifestival.net (organized by www.digichannel.net )
The big and final event of the 2007 edition takes place in Florence, Italy, October 25th to 28th, 2007.

:oops:
As mentioned somewhere else in the Forum, the extremecarving video "Lifted" (from https://www.extremecarving.com) is the winner in the category "sport videos" (besides the categories "music", "movies", "video art", "animation" and "audience rating")!
The jury of the festival wrote:Game, passion, strength, lifestyle! This is Lifted, a video who combines sport emotions with the leisure of doing it. When the eye of the director becomes the hart of the athlete, that's when you have the feeling of being with him on the board and taste all the vibrations sport can give.
That's great! The Swoard team is very happy about this award. :D I will be there at the Award Ceremony and will pay homage to our friend Guillaume Bourgeois ("Slalom") who has created the music of the video, and who died this year...

I guess that "Silber" (Francesco) will be there too. Any other Swoarder?

Patrice Fivat

Alex

Post by Alex » Thursday 20 September 2007, 12:29

great :P you and the swoard team deserve this winner :wink:
Swoard PRO 168M 00001, 3G 168H
F2 Race Titanium
UPZ RC10, UPZ ATB

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by skywalker » Thursday 20 September 2007, 12:45

Patrice, that's great!

I'm glad to hear, that you (Swoard-Team) get the reward for you work, that you deserve! I especially love, what the Jury said about your little movie. Obviously your Video was taken exactly in the way, you wanted :D

In addition, this will bring some more attention to our sport. Most publicity up to now was among Snowboarders (maybe even among alpine interested hardbooters). This publicity will reach people from many other interest groups. That's great!

Congratulations!

skywalker
free extreme carving

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Publicity for alpine snowboarding

Post by fivat » Thursday 20 September 2007, 13:12

Thank you Tom!
Yes, you are right, it's important to reach people from many other interest groups. It's a good thing for the future of alpine snowboarding.

By the way: this summer I was often on the glaciers (to develop the Swoard generation 3 with Jacques), and every day I have been riding I have seen many alpine snowboarders! Probably 10-20% of the snowboarders were using hard boots! Some of them were 18-20 years old. If I compare with what I could see 5-10 years ago on the glaciers, I can say that our sport is not decreasing. It's at least stable, and could increase, while the freestyle/freeride snowboarding has decreased a lot recently (ski return).

Patrice Fivat

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Thursday 20 September 2007, 13:21

Thank you Alex! Do you come to Florence too?

Patrice Fivat

zirvio
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by zirvio » Thursday 20 September 2007, 13:34

Congratulations!!! :D

Silvio

Alex

Post by Alex » Thursday 20 September 2007, 13:36

at the moment i don't know... because the 28 of October probably i will go to Solden or another "carving-place" for 3 days ...maybe with a swoard :wink:
F2 Race Titanium
UPZ RC10, UPZ ATB

Alex

Post by Alex » Thursday 20 September 2007, 13:55

Alex wrote:at the moment i don't know... because the 28 of October probably i will go to Solden or another "carving-place" for 3 days ...maybe with a swoard :wink:
i'm wrong! soelden session should be from 1/11 to 4/11 ...so perhaps i could come to the festival :P
F2 Race Titanium
UPZ RC10, UPZ ATB

erik
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by erik » Friday 21 September 2007, 0:02

Jiha!!!

Let's hope the swoard team wins the finals.

Perhaps you should give it a try at the Oscars in the categorie "best short movie" ;-)
Imagine how many people will be reached then!

I'm proud to be a swoarder.

Silber

Post by Silber » Friday 21 September 2007, 10:28

maybe we could organize a big weekend in Florence for all the ECers that might be interested.....party included!!

Ciao
Francesco
Francesco Swoard (1G175M 3G175M020 e 168H054),Wingergun205,Shaman193,TTubeS1/174GS,F2 (RS183'08 e'06/Lancelot/Slbpfl),Virus (Hurric./Dragon),Pogo (Hardc./Imp.),Burton (FP/Speed/PJ/CustomX),WildDuckFantasy, Duret168, OxygenProton168GS

vkrouverk
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by vkrouverk » Friday 21 September 2007, 19:20

Gratulations! Such successful movie most certainly needs sequel! Hint-hint :lol:
Converting potential energy to kinetic..

Patrix
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Patrix » Monday 15 October 2007, 22:36

Great!

This movie as much as it's authors deserved to win!

Congratulations!!!

P.
Practice, Jedi master makes you.

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Small report about DigiFestival 2007

Post by fivat » Sunday 4 November 2007, 12:03

Here are some pictures that I have taken during my stay at the DigiFestival. OK these are not swowboarding pictures, but there is a link with our sport: the video "Lifted" could be watched by many people who don't know alpine snowboarding. Indeed the festival took place in a bigger event in Florence: the Festival of Creativity ("Festival della Creatività" in Italian). This was good for promoting our sport.

The event was great! It was a delight meeting the artists who have won in the other categories beside "sport video": "music", "movies", "video art", "animation" and "audience". They were all professional, talented, warm, witty and open people. The atmosphere was excellent and very friendly. The jurors were impressive people with a big experience (record producer, US film/TV producer, etc.). 8O

Florence (Italy) is a very beautiful town full of history about art and science. You can see there the Cathedral "Duomo".
In the "Basilica di Santa Croce" (not on this picture) you can see many personalities' tombs: Galileo (my idol!), Michelangelo, Machiavelli, etc.

The bridge "Ponte Vecchio" is very famous, with houses and shops built on it! The river is named "Arno".

Festival of Creativity ("Festival della Creatività") entrance. DigiFestival took place in one of the pavilions.

One of the 6 screens in the pavilion (one screen per category). Guess which screen it is there and who is the guy. :D

In the back you can see other screens. From left to right:
- Francesco (aka "Silber" in this Forum)! This Italian extremecarver (Swoarder!) joined the festival and we had great time together!
- Amanda Baker: she is a singer / songwriter / musician from Australia. Her voice is amazing! She has won the "music" award there for her song "Addictions". She has won other awards recently and she is one of the hottest emerging soul / blues / rock diva. Discover her album and songs on MySpace: www.myspace.com/amandabakersmusic .
- An unkown guy named Patrice ;-)
- Raistalla: she is an electro-funk pop princess from USA. After being a professional dancer, touring with top artists such as Madonna, Outkast, Christina Aguilera, and more, she is now emerging as a singer. Her song "Long Way" in her first album is number one is some charts. She has won the "audience" award in the festival with her new song / video "Shut It down" which is great! Listen to it there: www.raistalla.com .

On Saturday night the pavilion was full. Drinks, good eletro music (scene in the middle) and the 6 screens (on the right).

The Award Ceremony and the "sport video" award. I dedicated it to Guillaume Bourgeois ("Slalom"): we won't forget him...

After the ceremony, we had 3 nice concerts: Bohagey Bowes (USA), Amanda Baker (Australia) and The Mirrors (Italy).
On the left: Amanda (what a voice!). On the right: one of the cool musicians from "Bohagey Bowes".

In conclusion it was a great experience for me! I would not have suspected that snowboarding could make me meet such nice and great persons. Life is cool! 8)
Special thanks to the festival organizers (Federico and Lorenzo) for this event and for their wonderful Italian hospitality.

Patrice Fivat

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

wow

Post by nils » Monday 5 November 2007, 22:03

patrice you are my hero :)
Nils

Viviane
Rank 5
Rank 5

congr.

Post by Viviane » Monday 5 November 2007, 22:18

Wow!!!
Congratulations!
Joined only recently,but am a fan since last year.
The movie Lifted was my favorite.
You realy, realy deserved it.
Viviane