a new clip from Saasfee

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Alex

a new clip from Saasfee

Post by Alex » Monday 10 September 2007, 21:34

the snow conditions were good enough to lay down... or better to try :twisted:

low res: http://xoomer.alice.it/rialex/saas0807.html

----------------cut&paste the url below into the browser address bar----
high res: http://xoomer.alice.it/rialex/saasfee08 ... dcarve.avi
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 8)
Swoard PRO 168M 00001, 3G 168H
F2 Race Titanium
UPZ RC10, UPZ ATB

codighel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by codighel » Monday 10 September 2007, 21:45

not bad guys...really not bad ! I still have doubts about the EC tecnique...but..you were good !

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Arnaud » Monday 10 September 2007, 22:08

Congrats Alex. Nice backside @1'40 :clap2:
Swoard EC Pro2 168H - Swoard EC12 Boots - Gen5 168H - Stoke 162 M

Alex

Post by Alex » Monday 10 September 2007, 22:30

thank you :oops: :oops: :oops:

yes...@1'40 was a wonderful moment 8) there is another better but I'm too far!
Arnaud ...now I've to improve my front side, but for this I'll wait the next ecs to get some other tricks from you :wink:
F2 Race Titanium
UPZ RC10, UPZ ATB

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Arnaud » Monday 10 September 2007, 22:50

I hope we'll ride together before next ECS :)
Swoard EC Pro2 168H - Swoard EC12 Boots - Gen5 168H - Stoke 162 M

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Monday 10 September 2007, 23:13

Ehm... ok... I will not be so nice to many people here but...
...in the 90% of the video, I can see just a couple of turns and... frame is cut. Another turn and... frame is cut. Another couple of turns and... frame is cut. Almost no linked turns.
In 90% of the video I can't see so much balance... I can see the board loosing too much speed (and the rider has to gain again speed with "no-extreme-carving" turns)... I can see the board skidding...
And the snow doesn't seem so bad.
You will pardon me if I'm still a little bit skeptic about reaching the snow before mastering the technique...
Most of the times, it seems that someone just dive toward the snow, no matter what happens. It doesn't seem so nice to my eyes but... it's just my opinion.
:roll:
_RicHard
Kessler The Alpine 168 - FTWO Speester RS Proto 179 (2012) - Burton Fire boots

Alex

Post by Alex » Monday 10 September 2007, 23:40

RicHard wrote:I can see just a couple of turns and... frame is cut. Another turn and... frame is cut. Another couple of turns and... frame is cut. Almost no linked turns
Video made with a cam for pictures, from a skier that wants to ski and that... she was very nice to get some clip to us! frames is cut because every clip is short and I've to paste together 8O
It was just for fun and to have a clip of some turn of that day...with many mistakes but also with some good turns! the snow were really soft, and it's impossible lay down and keep the right speed for the next turn...but we like to carve and lay down also if the condition are not the best!
1 Silber) 1:24 - 1:32 begin to end of this slope ...at the it's possible to see how the snow where soft in some part of the slope...yes dive sometimes :) but funny and not easy :wink:
2 Alex ) 1:35 - 1:47 the same slope...3 linked turn and is finished! but the backside :twisted:
3 Alex) 2:13 -2:29 many linked turns
4 Silber) ......

We can do many linked turn, but we don't have a personal cameramen an so we choose to get the lay down moment!
bye :wink:
F2 Race Titanium
UPZ RC10, UPZ ATB

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Tuesday 11 September 2007, 0:15

No, no... now I understand: you were shamed and disturbed by your camera(wo)man!
;)
You lucky!!!
:D
_RicHard

Silber

Post by Silber » Tuesday 11 September 2007, 13:31

Definitely so... cute, lovely and very patient.. but Ric, for the real stuff, we can go together to Andermatt or Zinal as soon as some good snow arrives.. and the new swoards as well!!
Francesco Swoard (1G175M 3G175M020 e 168H054),Wingergun205,Shaman193,TTubeS1/174GS,F2 (RS183'08 e'06/Lancelot/Slbpfl),Virus (Hurric./Dragon),Pogo (Hardc./Imp.),Burton (FP/Speed/PJ/CustomX),WildDuckFantasy, Duret168, OxygenProton168GS

codighel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by codighel » Tuesday 11 September 2007, 13:57

RicHard wrote:Ehm... ok... I will not be so nice to many people here but...
...in the 90% of the video, I can see just a couple of turns and... frame is cut. Another turn and... frame is cut. Another couple of turns and... frame is cut. Almost no linked turns.
In 90% of the video I can't see so much balance... I can see the board loosing too much speed (and the rider has to gain again speed with "no-extreme-carving" turns)... I can see the board skidding...
And the snow doesn't seem so bad.
You will pardon me if I'm still a little bit skeptic about reaching the snow before mastering the technique...
Most of the times, it seems that someone just dive toward the snow, no matter what happens. It doesn't seem so nice to my eyes but... it's just my opinion.
:roll:
Richard,you'll never change :lol: :lol: !! But this time i have to admit that in part you're right.as i wrote in the post above..the EC tecnique still not convice me....so i'll be glad to be part of a meeting on the slope as soon as possible,for fun of course ! :wink:

Alex

Post by Alex » Tuesday 11 September 2007, 14:03

Silber wrote:but Ric, for the real stuff, we can go together to Andermatt or Zinal
Ric is from Rome...so i think is not easy for him to come with us! but I hope that he will come to the next ecs...so he could see many good extreme carvers :wink:
F2 Race Titanium
UPZ RC10, UPZ ATB

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Tuesday 11 September 2007, 14:56

Nice video guys, I like the mood of it.

Sölden or Pitztal at the beginning of November?

Silber

Post by Silber » Tuesday 11 September 2007, 15:36

Guys...honestly I do not really care if you prefer the racing technique... I like both styles.. (ask Alex how much I bother him when there are abandoned slalom courses that we can use!) it's just that for me without slalom poles it's much more fun trying to lay down a curve rather than just speed downhill... If it doesn'l look beautiful too bad...it's fun anyway!!

Plus consider that I am quite tall and ugly thus I am surely not the best star of a EC video...but again...it's a lot of fun makin the videos! and on monday morning when I am the office waiting for Alex to pull out the edited version gives me that little excitement that helps me during the work day..

So...think and do whatever you want..I am having a great time...!!
Francesco Swoard (1G175M 3G175M020 e 168H054),Wingergun205,Shaman193,TTubeS1/174GS,F2 (RS183'08 e'06/Lancelot/Slbpfl),Virus (Hurric./Dragon),Pogo (Hardc./Imp.),Burton (FP/Speed/PJ/CustomX),WildDuckFantasy, Duret168, OxygenProton168GS

Alex

Post by Alex » Tuesday 11 September 2007, 16:02

István wrote:Sölden or Pitztal at the beginning of November?
Hi...probably 8)
I pray for the snow :pray:
F2 Race Titanium
UPZ RC10, UPZ ATB

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Tuesday 11 September 2007, 17:54

Just for clarification: I don't want everybody to enjoy himself just the way I do it.
I'm just noticing some technical fact from the video, far away from the discussion if the Extremecarving technique is powerful or not or what it's powerful for.
I watched the video, I noticed what I wrote: everybody can find fun even diving to the hard-ground (no snow!) with the head! If it works for him, he does it.
If we are talking about fun in applying extremecarving technique, I just noticed that such technique had different lacks in the video. Just this one.
I can be skeptic about the whole extremecarving technique but this thread is not that case.
Perhaps I was not so clear and my words sounded as something bad to anybody's ears: they aren't.
I like to do everything (free-carving, slalom carving, giant slalom carve, extreme-carve), it depends on moment, board, slopes, people, friends...
But it's natural that, watching a video, I feel some impressions about some "weakness" of the performances shown.
Extremecarving is nice to see as it is nice to do but... I think it has to be something more than just "diving on the ground" for the last turn of the slope. ;)
That was just my impression, since in several video I see just a carve and stop, another carve and stop, etc... :)
Obviously, we all are learning but... we learn even on others' comment. Don't we?
Ciao!
:)
_RicHard