Never Summer SUMMIT

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Vladimir
Rank 3
Rank 3

Never Summer SUMMIT

Post by Vladimir » Monday 18 December 2006, 7:58

A question for anyone out there, has anybody try NS Summit
for off piste/deep powder riding, what can you say about it ?
My be it better to have NS Titan 176 -
as universal for all snow conditions
:roll:
ATOM Ultimate 164, F2 Race Tit
F2 SpeedsterRS 177, Catek OS2
Deelux suzuka

joemzl
Location: where Varus died in Germany // above you see, why I came to snowboarding: the Vitelli Turn

Post by joemzl » Thursday 21 February 2008, 12:11

Hi Vladimir,
yes, Felix and I tested it on the Freeride days in Davos.
Off Piste it´s fantastic in any snow condition. I can highly recommend it for my 80 kg.
For carving it´s not long enough. It had a good grip, but I missed the stability for good carved turns.
NS Titan wasn´t good enough in powder for me to be a good compromise between carving and powdering.
Arbor A-Frame was the best compromise I have tested in Davos.
Ask Felix for more informations about other boards.
Extreme Dreamer every night

Swoard Pro 175M +Race Ti Flex, Plasma CE185/17, Swoard Stoke 162M

Felix
Rank 5
Rank 5
Location: Austria, but moedling near vienna, bloody 1 hour drive to semmering or rax

Post by Felix » Friday 22 February 2008, 22:35

I have published a thread about quite a lot of popular freeride boards on the forum, look for it (search for "Powderequipment" and you'll find the thread).

For freeriding the Never Summer Summit is awesome! It's not a board to go highspeed through open fields or compete freeride races on, however it's a great board for normal to mid-high speed cruising pow and especially trees where the board excells.

There are boards I like better for everything but trees like Powderequipment Type B or Custom or Jester Element, but those are harder to come by (however in the same price class if not marginally lower).

I wouldn't go for the Titan! If you need a board for higher speed you need to look at longboards or swallowtails in the size of 190-220cm. I Don't think you can't go fast on the Summit, you just can't point it straight down a 45° face and keep going straight for very long or go very fast on difficult snow conditions like harsh or windcrust as it is simply to small for that (however it provides enough lift even for the heaviest people on the deepest days you can imagine, if you move the bindings all the way back - which is really really really far back on this board).

(I tried the second longest NS Summit - I think it was 167 but I may have wrote 164 in the thread).
Swoard 3D - 168M
http://Openmtbmap.org - get the most popular maps for Mountainbiking in Europe...