Extreme Carving Boots

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

StanChung
Rank 2
Rank 2

Extreme Carving Boots

Post by StanChung » Friday 5 April 2002, 10:10

Northwave boots are next to impossible to find.
What are the next best choices?
Low Rider for Life
www.stanchung.com

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Friday 5 April 2002, 12:01

That's the main problem.

Neither of the existing boots are especialy made for extreme carving.
Their racing specification makes them too hard and they have to be modified.
We had to modifie our Northwaves too, to make them softer and much more progressive. Furthermore this softness made them much more versatile for allround snowboarding.

If a boot manufacturer would like to create an extreme carving boot, it's with pleasure that we would collaborate with him. :wink:

Carve low

Jacques

NateW
Rank 4
Rank 4

UPS boots?

Post by NateW » Saturday 6 April 2002, 0:05

Has anyone here tried UPS boots? They have adjustable flex, but I have no idea what the range of adjustment is. http://www.telecom.at/ups-boots/hybrid/uebersicht.htm

I think I'm going to buy some before next season, unless someone convinces me they suck. :) I'm pretty happy with my Raichle 324s, but I like the idea of having a backup pair of boots. Plus I need new ski boots, and there's a chance that I could solve both problems with a set of UPS boots....

DaveS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Extreme Carving Boots

Post by DaveS » Sunday 7 April 2002, 7:56

Has anyone had a chance to check out the new Raichle AF 700 boots? They seem to have gone to some kind of spring system to control forward lean but I haven’t been able to get enough info to know exactly how it works. I’m wondering if they’ve finally caught on to what Northwave discovered years ago.

Dave

Pux
Rank 2
Rank 2

HEAD Strato or UPS X March

Post by Pux » Wednesday 28 August 2002, 10:23

Please advise if someone have information about flex adjustments for HEAD and as well differencies in custom fit liners for these boots.

I have been persuaded about switcing from soft boots to e-carve by your site.
I already bought the F2 board but now I have to decide about boots that fit e-carve best.
As I have wide feet 9E, order of Raichle would be risky.
Thus I have option to by HEAD Stratus locally or order by mail UPS X March.
I would like to get more comfortable ones.

Regards,
Normunds

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

custom liners

Post by nils » Wednesday 28 August 2002, 11:04

Hi norm,
well i have tried the UPS, long time ago, liked it but too wide for my thin feet.. As for custom liners, you have basically three kinds, that will fit in any boot brand:

- thermoformed
- cork dust
- PU foam

the prices increase with the technology of course...
I'm a PU fan, because i'm used to it, it holds the feet so well ! Last very long too..
I have put my feet in AF600 with thermoformed in a shop, the foam is so thin that it feels you have nothing to mold around your leg (my opinion).. a PU foam liner is much thicker around the leg for example ( in my case because i have thin lower legs).. it really puts foam where there is available space in the boot..

Never tried the head ( ex blax?) they seem ok, if i can't find AF700 i'll go for those too...with a custom PU of course !

nils